main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The StLFF Off-Topic Thread v3.0: There is a Life Outside of SWs???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Dang it! I don't have speakers here...[face_frustrated]

2. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    well it is done Lisa and I are married...

3. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Good Lord, don't say it that way. Say woohoo, I finally married the love of my life! or some other romantic **** like that.

Anyways, Congrats. I hope you have many happy years together.

4. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    I need this work day to end NOW! I need a drink.8-}

5. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm at work and I'm having a drink right now.;) I really like this job. And, it's also a good thing that my friend, Sabrina, is the bartender. And, then I have to take a cocktail to a few of my bosses so that they don't feel left out.

6. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Oh sure rub it in. You work with great folks while my new boss is an arse.

7. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Man! Halloween really snuck up on me this year. I might have to get out the can-can dress to wear while I hand out candy. Probably too late to buy a costume off of ebay.[face_laugh]

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Pft, all I'm doing for Halloween is catching up on some gaming I've been neglecting for a long time. :p

9. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I don't suppose you'll be back in town that weekend. After trick or treating I'm taking the kids up to Fun Spot so they can skate with their friends for a couple of hours. Bree was dismayed when I told her that I wasn't just going to sit there...I'm skating too. And, I intend to embarrass her as much as possible. It'd be fun if you helped.[face_laugh]

10. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    As much as I love to embarrass children, sadly I'll still be here in Springfield. I'm not going to be back in town until Thanksgiving actually. Just wait till next year, then I'll be done with school and it'll all be good.

11. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Anybody want to get together over Thanksgiving Break? I have 3 days off from classes! Yay!

12. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I'll be around from Friday evening on. As usual, I have no actual suggestions for things to do, however.

13. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Okay. I don't know what either... I just need to have some fun! [face_mischief]

14. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    There is that new Bond movie coming out...

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    You could really be girls and go see "Twilight" :p

16. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm taking Bree to see Twilight on the 21st. :p

I want to see the Bond movie! You said you're gonna be back that weekend aren't you, Christian?

17. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Random subject, with Christmas comming up and all--for those that have a Wii, what accessories do I need to get for it?
    Any gift ideas for teenagers?

18. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Bond maybe, Twilight no damn way. [face_shame_on_you]

19. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I think it just depends upon what games you get for it. The Wii sports game that comes with it doesn't really require anything extra. It seems like I bought an extra "Wiimote" or whatever they're called. Susan is the one with all the cool games and accessories... ;)

I have no experience with teenagers... clueless there. Why is it that the older they get, the more expensive their gifts are?

20. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    ok Susan, this is to you....what other things for wii do I need. We are getting super smash brawl and have guitar hero on order. Any suggestions on accessories or other really cool games would be greatly appreciated.

good question Amy. They get more expensive and have less options for what they want. Other than games I have no idea what to get them....and gift cards just are not very fun.

21. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    Finally, my bizarre knowledge base is useful! :) You'll need at least one extra Wii Remote and Nunchuck if you want to be able to play two-player versions of the Wii Sports games and Smash Bros. Super Mario Galaxy is the best game for the system, in my mind, especially if you like the other Mario games. Mario Kart Wii is also fun but I wouldn't bother buying extra steering wheels since you don't need it to play. The newest Zelda game (Twilight Princess) is also fun. I like the Lego games a lot, but they aren't really aimed at the teenager market. My niece was a big fan of Wii Fit for a brief time (until it kept pointing out that she wasn't losing weight...); I have one as well but it mostly gathers dust. Wii does allow you to download classic Nintendo games for relatively little money ($5-10) so you could always buy points cards to let them download some of those. I don't know how great those games are if you aren't all nostalgic about them, however.

See what happens when you ask me about video games? You get Susan's Longest Post Ever.

22. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I get a perverse amount of joy from sawing Locust in half in Gears of War. [face_blush]

23. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Thanks for the info. One more quick question, has any played Star Wars Force Unleashed? Is it any good? (It seems to have gotten mixed reviews.)

24. shcook1138

Sep 16, 2003
    I played the PS3 version of TFU which I thought was OK. It's substantially different from the Wii version, though, and I don't know anyone who has that one to get an opinion. I think it's a good game for Star Wars fans, but not really a good game in general. The Wii version seemed to have promising controls, though - Wiimote for lightsaber and Nunchuck for Force powers. There is a lightsaber fighting game for Wii based on the new cartoon and you can buy little lightsaber attachments for the wiimotes...

Chiss, you should know they don't allow chainsaws in Wii games (although sawing up Locust is strangely satisfying).

25. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Just one of the many reasons I don't have a Wii. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.