main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mid-west Newsletter

Discussion in 'Archive: Richmond, KY' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hello Richmond! I'm Jedi Dajuan, CR from St. Louis, MO. I am currently working on reviving the Mid-west Newsletter. Basically the letter tells about the happenings of all the Mid-west Fan Forces (events, status changes, hierarchy changes, big news etc) and more general news for the entire midwest and Fan Force. You can find an example of an old newsletter here.

What I need from you is news and event info. You can post them here or PM me.

I will post the link to the new newsletter here when it's done.

:) Thanks!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It's here!!

The August/September is up. Check back once in a while for updates. Enjoy!

3. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    chirping crickets? ... cute

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Considering the last activity here on the boards was 4/7...that would be an accurate description of the level of activity (online at the very least).

If you guys have stuff going on, post it or PM me and I can get it posted on Fanforce news page. Since it's visible on even the TFN homepage, might help draw people lurking around who live in your area.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    October's Edition is finally up! Let me know if you see anything that needs to be changed.

Remember you can always post things here anytime and I will add them.

Enjoy!

6. cal196

cal196 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2004
    I tried to get something going, but its dead here. Richmond isnt into costumes I suppose.

7. cal196

Aug 19, 2004
    Might as well delete this board, last post was by me over 2 months ago......

8. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Why do you think it needs to be deleted?? I have it on my watch list and post whenever anyone else does. Just because its slow at the moment doesn't mean no one looks. I will admit there has been very little activity as of late, but that is on ALL boards. I frequent several others, moderate one, and an admin on another sw board. This is the slow time before the movie, it always happens that way.

BTW I am a sandtrooper in the 501st as well... so, I am into costuming.

9. cal196

Aug 19, 2004
    Aside from maybe getting together and doing a road trip to an event with people from my area I dont know. Richmond doesnt offer alot in the way of this hobby whatsoever, and not enough interest was generated to host such an event. Its just fustrating to work on a costume all year and nowhere to wear it to.

10. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    There are events in lexington, louisville, tons in Indianapolis. You have to travel for your art. I live even further away from all this than richmond, but I still get out and travel for it. If you are a fett you can join the 501st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.