main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insider #80 to feature Mandalorian article, Yo Joe!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndRest-in-Peace, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Black hair, black lip stick.

2. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Thats kinda cool. Like those twin gals in the cantina scene of ANH?

3. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    The label of Mandalorian Crusader is misleading, It's thought that the Crusader's forefathers were a religous warrior society with sophisticated laws that devolved intot he Canons.But following the Mandalorians' epic clashes wit he insectoids of Navoota , war, once a ritual form of worship to Mandalorian gods, became itself divine and reverential. Henceforth any campaign pomising holy carnage was regarded a "crusade".

This mentality led the crusaders to eradicate entire species like the Fenelar, Tlonians and Kuarans ( Kuar is the planet where Mandalorethe Indomitable faught Ulic Qel Droma.)Thousands of years later the Ithullians too would suffer the samefate. In fact the only species to survive a a full fledged Mandalorian onslaught were the neighboring Mandallian giants. These fierce combatants not only repelled Mandalorian attacks but earned enough respect to later fight beside them"

And no, I think she's hotter.

4. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Speaking of Fetts...how did Jango end up with a pale-skinned BLONDE sister?

[image="http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20021025/img/13.jpg"]

Unless it's only a half-sister...

5. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Same way my pale skinned ,blonde hair grandmother had a dark skinned dark haired daughter with my grandfather.

A daughter who happens to be my mother.

More info:

"Unsurprisingly the Mandalorian Crusaders jumped at the chance participate in the Great Sith War in about 4,000 BBY. Fighting for the Sith, these soldiers of fortune struck at the very hear on Coruscant. However, the Jedi eventually rallied and defeated the Sith and their Mandalorian allies."

6. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Hotter? Hmm...gotta check this out man.

I always thought crusaders was to bold a word for Mandalorians but i suppose if its in the article, then its continuity. I always compared the Mandalorian code and culture to the code of Bushido and the Samurai culture.

<<Speaking of Fetts...how did Jango end up with a pale-skinned BLONDE sister?>>

I wondered the same thing, his mother was the same way too. Jango may be Jaster's son and the Journeyman on Concord Dawn Jango's uncle. But hey, its just speculation.

7. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
  8. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    <<*sigh*>>

It was brainstorming outloud. If you're going to look into EU you have to consider possibilities. I didnt say it was true, did i? Dont act like odd family trees and mess ups havent happened in Star Wars before.

9. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    A dark haired, dark skinned boy can still come from people with blonde hair and pale skin if its in the family.

Sometimes even if both parents have light skin and hair. It just has to be in the genes ie somewhere back along in the family genetic line.

10. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    <<A dark haired, dark skinned boy can still come from people with blonde hair and pale skin if its in the family.

Sometimes even if both parents have light skin and hair. It just has to be in the genese and somewhere back along int he family genetic line.>>

Matt i dont doubt you at all.

11. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Ah a big doozy in the article is the fact that the Mandalorian dungeon ship design is 4,000 years old.

12. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
  13. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Cause the design is still used by the Imps. Crazy.

The dungeon ship isn't just for POWs. It transports the armies of Mandalores too. Dropships are launched from its belly.

14. Joe_Corroney

Joe_Corroney Artist: -Empire -HNN -Insider -RPG star 2 VIP

May 29, 2003
    For anyone interested, you can now view all of my artwork for the 'Mandalorian History' article at my official site right here...

http://www.joecorroney.com/cgi-local/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Star_Wars/Star_Wars_Insider_Art

Hope you enjoy it!
    ------
    http://www.joecorroney.com/

15. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    good work as always, Joe.

Viszla looks...a little tetchy.

:)

16. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Joe...you're my new god man....:eek:

17. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    See, I told you she was hot TM.

18. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Meh..i've seen better :p

19. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Heh.

Let's see a comedy story in which Fett and Han are hunted by Fett's daughter.

Just so i Han can say,"That's your daughter? Wonderful girl"

:p

20. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    I think that pic is of the mother though.

21. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    What species is the Suprema and what is his real name and his homeworld?

Concord Dawn is specifically stated to be in the Outer Rim in various sources, inc. the comics, which say Jango was once a boy from the OUTER RIM.

What is the planet Ordo?

22. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Doesn't say what species the Suprema was. Just that he's an Imperial Advisor.

23. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >It may be that there's some silly metaphysical aspect there , with the clone gaining Jango's memories But I hatge those silly explanations.<

Considering the clone madness as presented in TTT, I think it's likely. Some flaw during the cloning process allowed a greater link between Jango and Spar.

>I don't think so TC, as Fett remembers being a stormtrooper in Tales of the Bounty Hunters when he's hunting for some target on Jubilee.

Why can't Fett be a stormtrooper? <

Oh, I'd forgotten about that. Nevermind then. :D

>Or perhaps he was issued a "wanted dead" bounty on an Imperial officer- what easier way to get at him than join in with that officer's men who might look exactly like you? <

That had been my original thought, until Spar, but now it looks like its the best solution.

>and Lucas doesn't want any more Wookiee Jedi from what i recall<

There's a reason for that which I can't go into (ROTS spoilers). But it has nothing to do with the *idea* of Wookiee Jedi, just their presense in a particular time and place.

>It says that Boba did a brief stint as a Journeyman Protector. Now confirmed. <

Didn't I say that? ;)

>Planet like Ordo,Mandalia,Gargon, need a home. <

Have we established that there is, in fact, a planet called Mandalia or Mandala? For all we know, that Mandalian giants could come from Mandalore or a moon of Mandalore.

>Ah a big doozy in the article is the fact that the Mandalorian dungeon ship design is 4,000 years old. <

I'd say that the Dungeon ships are a series of ships, rather than just one design. The earliest design is 4,000 years old, and the newest is by Rendili.

Oh, and the hyperspace article gives a source for Feskitt Bob: the Star War miniatures game--the old one. Crazy cool!

TC

24. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    Hey folks! Thanks for taking such a strong interest in the article, for your compliments, and informed comments. I figured I better start in on some of these questions before they pile up any higher:

Leto II wrote:
    ?(Meaning I have rather fond memories of the Essential Vehicles Guide, and am slightly chuckling that Abel managed to work it into the mix.)?

Glad you enjoyed it, Leto II. I tried to leave no stone at least partially unturned. The old or obscure stuff tends to get a spotlight in my writing, since the rest seems to take care of itself while its fresh.

jedimasterED wrote:

?Here's a question: Does the article go into how the "once strictly gray-skinned warrior race Xenoanthropologists believe was descended from the ancient Taung Shadow Warriors of Dha Werda Verda legend" came to have so many humans in their ranks? I mean, as of the Marvel comics even the planet Mandalore and its people appear to be mostly human.?

I think others have mentioned this already, but the Mandalorians of the Mandalorians Wars period recruited other species into the Mandalorian culture.

I?d wanted to dovetail the Warriors of the Shadow with the Mandalorians for some time. Are folks here familiar with the real life history of the Taung child? For those interested:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/tryit/evolution/taung.html

CeiranHarmony wrote:

?The article solves the 212 Mandalorian problem very well, without involving Boba Fett, and I liked the unexpected ARC Trooper Alpha-02 who started the Mandalorians again.?

Thanks CeiranH. This was a tough one to tackle.

Mavrick889 wrote:

?Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds states that Spar fled Kamino while Jango was away on business, a year and a half before AOTC. Does this fit with what the article says? Could it be the same guy??

I think people know this by now, but just in case: Spar and Alpha-Ø2 are indeed one and the same.

Incidentally, there was an error in the layout of the illustrations in the published article. The picture attributed to Jango and Boba is in fact Spar, as described on Joe?s website:

http://www.joecorroney.com/cgi-local/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Star_Wars/Star_Wars_Insider_Art&image=80CTØ1386.jpg&img=&tt=img.

The telltale sign is in the facial disfiguration, which was part of an earlier draft?s description of Spar.

TalonCard wrote:

?You know, I didn't *really* expect to see BL-17 explained. I had underestimated the comprehensiveness of the article. Bravo! So tell us: is BL-17 from Affa, or Geonosis? I've always thought that he came from Geonosis, and since the Separatists shut down their factories on Affa...?

That remains to be seen?

?The "bantha skull myth" has been debunked. It's not a bantha skull--I always thought it was. Was this a continuity fix, or just the fact that having a cow skull on battle armor is pretty lame? ?

Bantha skull?s just lame dude. :p C?mon, this is the Mandalorians! I don?t think anyone was happy with that Bantha skull concept.

?Mandallian Giants, from the Wheel arc of the Marvel comics, have been incorporated into the Mandalorian mythos. Cool, I never even thought there could be a connection. Question: are the Mandallians from some part of Mandalore, or a neighboring planet named Mandalia??

A neighboring planet is the most logical assumption, unless the Mandallian Giants were displaced onto Mandalore from whatever their original home might have been. Obviously, there?s some wiggle room there, like in so much of continuity. If another author wants to exploit it to tell a kickass story, that?s fine by me.

?The rank of Mandalore is given to Jaster Mereel, possibly Jango Fett (it's not clear), definitely Alpha-02, Fenn Shysa, and Boba Fett.?

I?d say definitely Jango. Even though the article never explicitly states ?Jango was Mandalore,? it does say he became the leader of the Mandalorians after Jaster kicked the bucket. Throughout the article I would say there is a strong if not necessary connection between leading the Mandos and being Mandalore.

?Note that t

25. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    <<Bantha skull?s just lame dude. :p C?mon, this is the Mandalorians! I don?t think anyone was happy with that Bantha skull concept.>>

I actually very much took it to heart. As did these fellas here www.mandalorianwarriors.com

Abel -and i mean this in no offense because i dont come here to offend anyone- i gotta say that you guys looked into everything and the results of this article have completely blown me away from what i expected, knowing how people are about Mandalorian fans. That Skull symbol is basically the heart of all Mandalorian fans from some point or another. Its the identity of the fan culture. Im sure you guys covered it somewhere in your article, but if anything needs explaining its that skull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.