main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What KOTOR characters would you like to see in .... KOTOR?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Might have been discussed already but I've been avoiding Lit since I'm a month behind in my comics, but what characters from KOTOR & KOTOR2 would you like to see show up in the comics? I'd like to see maybe Saul and Carth, Bastila for sure, and Canderous (very possible with the upcoming Mando arc).

2. Gross-admiral_Thrawn

Gross-admiral_Thrawn Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2003
    Oh, give me Visas... just give me her. She was mine. And of course, how could you ever build a KOTOR story without major players like Revan, Malak and Exile? The only problem would be setting the genders of Revan and Exile, as well as their "sides"... if Revan would be "set", I wish they'd set him for a hot female.

3. cyris8400

cyris8400 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    There are ways to show Revan without showing what he/she looks like. One obvious one is to have Revan in his robes even while he's [mostly] light side.

What? Good Jedi can't wear armor and an enigmatic mask?

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Yeah, I don't see a problem with it. Look at Plo Koon on Wiki here.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plo_Koon

Seriously, if wrinkled old monster that has a black mask that looks like fangs doesn't cry Sith Lord, I don't know what does. Yet he is actually a Jedi council member. Granted, his mask if for breathing or some crap....but still....I can see a light side Reven wearing a mask.

Carnage

5. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    There are so many characters I'd like to see that I'd rather post a list of characters I don't want to see. And they are:

Atton
    Disciple
    Goto (too many droids already, HK-47, T-3 and Bao-Dur's droid are enough)
    Master Vandar (just a Yoda copy/wannabe IMO)
    Zaalbar and Mission (their storylines added nothing interesting or valuable)
    Juhani (I just didn't like her as a fighter nor as a person to learn about/speak to)

The rest of KOTOR's characters are fine with me. They could make a deacent series without the above characters easily. Goto could tag along so long as he doesn't make that droid become a member of the Exile's party, he was just useless.

6. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Too late. Vandar was in a flashback in issue #2.

7. Jedi_Winter_Knight

Jedi_Winter_Knight Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    I hope we get to see Kreia

8. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Canderous. I waqnt to see him do something other than reminisce(sp?) about the good old days. Yeah, he did more stuff in KOTOR 2 but that game...ask Ex. He describes it bestest.

9. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I would like to see bastila.

10. cyris8400

cyris8400 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    There are many KotOR characters I'd like to see in the comics, but it'd be cool if they had the drive and the know-how to include minor characters from the games, like Belaya, Yuthura Ban, Zez-Kai Ell... Cassandra Mateil... well, you get the point.

11. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    All of them. [face_mischief]

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm really only interested in seeing Carth or Bastilla.

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Saul Karath's already made an "appearance" of sorts in the series -- he's mentioned in issue #0's "Taris Newsfeed" supplement as having prosecuted the Republic's stalemate withdrawal during the four Battles of Suurja; he was also mentioned in the dialogue of that issue or issue #1 as commanding major Republic forces on the front lines near the Taris system, with whom Jedi reinforcements were about to rendezvous.

Revan's already been canonically gender-locked by LFL as male; the Jedi Exile is still pending, although a few folks are pushing for a female gender.

And appears in the realtime holo-flesh in issue #4, which hit this week.

Very likely at some point after issue #7. Canderous was big juju during the wars, a fairly major player, and I don't quite see them leaving him on the sidelines.

14. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    This makes sense given that Revan already wore the robes during the Mandalorian Wars (this is why Canderous doesn't recognize him on Taris in the game) and even on the Star Forge after his redemption (Shadows and Light).
    As for characters... I'd go with Canderous, maybe also Carth, but Canderous is an absolute requirement.
    Revan, Malak and/or Exile - if and only if they retcon the 3,963 BBY discrepancy. (And how would you identify Exile, by the way? They have no name or distinct attributes in appearance, they wore a standard Jedi robe so whoever we think is Exile can in fact be another Jedi.)
    Visas? Not sure, she's 12 at this point (as are Brianna and Mical, by the way, and Mira is 10), and she's living her quiet and peaceful life on Katarr. Well, unless there's a cameo, if Q'anilia is also from Katarr and will visit it at some point, but for all we know, she could be from Alpheridies.

15. D-Murda

D-Murda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    I wounldn't mind seeing just about anybody from the games in the comics. I got issue #4 and I was soooo happy to see Master Vandar, even though he was in an early issue, along with Master Zhar and Master Vrook wearing the robes from the first game.

But from the looks of the picture that was previewed for issue #7 we might be seeing Canderous soon.[face_praying]

16. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I remember Jan asking this jurassic ages ago. She was true to her word. Dark Woman reappeared.

17. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    Sylvar, Nomi and Vima Sunrider, Tott Doneeta.

18. Sikon

Mar 29, 2006
    Unless their last names are not mentioned, Nomi and Vima Sunrider are unlikely to appear due to legal reasons.

19. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    What possible legal reasons would prevent an LFL character created by dark horse comics from appearing in an LFL comic published by dark horse comics? ?[face_plain]

20. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    A few years back, the Jeep Corporation filed an infringement-brief against LFL/Dark Horse over their use of the name "Sunrider," which happens to be the name of one of their vehicular sun-shade devices.

This ultimately prevented Vima Sunrider from appearing in the first Knights of the Old Republic game, and the character of Bastila Shan was created virtually from scratch to fill the void. However, it's quite possible that Lucasfilm has settled the Jeep dispute by now, having been several years since then; depending upon the date of the patent-filings for each party ("Nomi Sunrider" versus Jeep's "Sunrider") -- and considering that such characters existed for nearly a decade before the objection was filed -- a motion to allow limited use of such characters isn't uncommon under federal statute.

Plus if nothing else, they could simply refer to them as "Nomi" and "Vima" in the course of the story, if all other avenues fail.

If they consider fixing that date as being the point when Revan and Malak personally take command over the Republic Army and Navy (and go against the High Council, who apparently might be withdrawing major support for the war down the road), as opposed to when "the Mandalorian Wars started," then there's plenty of nice wiggle-room there...around 3,965-66 BBY, instead of 3,963 BBY. That last date's the next "year" in the series, and this can't be a coincidence. Something's likely to go down there, whether along those lines, or something else entirely.

Histories are frequently (or, rather, always) written by those with an agenda, and the Jedi historians telling the "tale" several long years after the war and the duo's Sith turn might factor into this in a significant political fashion. Slanting things slightly to obscure the fact that the Jedi Order had indeed been committed to fighting the Mandos well before Revan's rise isn't something that I would put past the Masters, considering how we know frequently smug they are.

Crypto-revisionist "revamping" of the history texts (at least those taught to Padawans) could be the answer, here.

Might be. Though Alpheridies lies in the Expansion Region, Katarr is located in the Mid Rim, which is a full "region" closer to Taris and the events of the Mando Wars, in the Outer Rim. I could see either one happening, or else maybe a completely new Miralukan planet entirely. Though I doubt they'd do that; using one of the two established majors would be enough.

Plus, I too doubt they'd bring in kiddie-versions of some of these folks for portentous Anakin Skywalker/TPM reasons, which would be rather contrived, unless it's Visas.

Sylvar -- absolutely. More than virtually any other major Tales of the Jedi character, she'd have the most organic character reason to be there, and very obviously so. Which is not to say that any of the others wouldn't fit in smoothly either (throw Tott in there as a connector to her arc in Redemption), but Sylvar's inclusion is a no-brainer, considering what happens (or is about to happen) during this war.

21. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Is the series going to go into the Jedi Civil War or stop at the end of the Mando War? If it goes on into JCW, I'd definitely like to see Atton in his Jedi-slayer role.

22. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    At the moment -- no way of knowing. They may eventually skip ahead to the Second Sith War era, but for the moment this is largely a Mando War-based series, and the writer and editors are keeping their cards close to their vests.

23. Sikon

Mar 29, 2006
    To Leto II:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sunrider_naming_controversy
    Please review and fix any mistakes.

24. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Looked it over at least a couple of times, and couldn't find a major mistake in there, based upon everything I've heard these past few years. Nice piece of work.

If I learn anything further down the road, I'll update it (or pass it along to you) as it comes.

25. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Sikon, where did you get the KOTOR 2 character ages from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.