main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #3: Broken, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    from Galactic Hunter:
    STAR WARS: LEGACY #3
    JOHN OSTRANDER (W), JAN DUURSEMA (P), DAN PARSONS (I), BRAD ANDERSON (C), and ADAM HUGHES (Cover)

On sale August 2, FC, 32pg, $2.99

A man struggles with a dilemma: to claim his rightful heritage and save the galaxy, he will have to turn his back on his only kin and abandon them to a dark fate. Elsewhere, a long-kept secret gnaws at a ruthless bounty hunter. Revealing it could mean certain death for him and his companions, but ignoring it just might drive him mad. An unpredictable third installment in the series that reveals the never-before-seen future of the Star Wars universe! A galaxy of intrigue and danger, romance and adventure awaits!

? This is the future of Star Wars, the continuation of the story that started in the original trilogy, and none of it has been seen before.

[image=http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/5370-004.jpg]

2. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    And there goes the Spoiler-freeness.

3. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    [image=http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/5370-004.jpg]

Now we know its totally a rehash of A New Hope...:D With a twist of course[face_laugh] heres hoping its the slave girl dress...

4. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Hmm.... *eyes picture*

Did the Isards have any surviving kin? One wonders....

5. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Aayla SURVIVED order 66!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or she was cloned!!!

I kid ;)

The guy in the middle looks like he just farted...or is farting.

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Is this our first good view of the new Emperor? I wonder...[face_thinking]

7. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    I think it was said the third cover would feature Imperials. And the man is certainly dressed for it. And we also know there's a princess character.

I'd say it'd be a pretty good guess.

8. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    We know from Randy's editorial that two of these are "royalty or something"...

I'm guessing that it's the Princess and the guy in the middle, who I'm guessing is her father - presumably the Emperor...

Other things to note: Princess Leia ANH hunting-blaster, obviously... and a hereditary white forelock, which to me suggests Jag Fel (albeit improbably)... I dunno, but the princess looks as though she might have a little bit of the Jag and Jaina visual references in her look, as well as the obvious Natalie Portman...

On the other hand, the black-and-gold sleeves on what the ?Emperor is wearing echo Jacen's getup in Traitor, and the robe-over-armour look is Vaderish... there's something Skywalkerish about his eyes-nose-mouth, too... and the Princess's reddish hair could be from Tenel Ka or Mara...

[face_thinking]

A lot to think about there... :D :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The costume design for the Twi'lek is pretty neat- works well with the blue contrast (and does a mighty fine job of covering up all those blaster rifle wounds ;) ).

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'll predict right here and now that the Emperor and the Princess are the ones shown in the picture, and that they are relatives of Cade. Since they are his last remaining family, and since Cade is the last descendant of Luke Skywalker...

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Okay, so we've got Emperor Daddy in the middle, the uber-granddaughter of Mission, and then we've got the hot Leia look-a-like who is obvioualy the daughter of Daddy Emperor.

Doesn't tell ua a who lot, but it's cool to see even more characters. :D

EDIT: Yes, that white streak could mean Jag's in the family line. [face_thinking] Nice catch there, because I was only thinking Isard :D :p

12. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Well, it's probably not an Isard. But it -should- be, because that would be awesome. As for Jag, I would prefer no Lamarckian inheritance in the SWU, and Jag's hair is acquired.

There seems to be some vague Palpatine about the man's features. The red hair of the presumed daughter would presumably be from his wife/girlfriend/mistress/co-genetic donor...his wife is almost certainly lighter haired in any case even if the man is the carrier. Assuming rational inheritance ;)

And assuming Mara and Tenel are the only possible ancestors for redheads in the SWU is a bit much! [face_laugh] It's not even that red.

13. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Elsewhere, a long-kept secret gnaws at a ruthless bounty hunter. Revealing it could mean certain death for him and his companions, but ignoring it just might drive him mad.

Considering the Sith seem to be going on another Jedi killing rampage, I think Jariah Syn just might have some Vos blood in him.

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004

True. It actually looks more to me like an old Marvel attempt at barown ;) :p

However, I would not be surpriesd if there's Skywalker blood in there, because I can see both Padmé and Leia in her face.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Since someone said the Princess looks like Natalie Portman, and I went back and looked at her, I am CONVINCED she is a Skywalker. But from Jacen? Jaina? I'm pretty sure they aren't other descendants of Luke, since they are Cade's last remaining kin andI don't think they would kill off Leia's line.

But is her father, the new Emperor, from the Skywalker line? Or is that from her mother? Neither the Emperor or the Princess look like they're trained in the Force. And maybethe Emperor is only the Princess's distant cousin, who is his heir since he doesn't have any kids, so then both Jacen and Jaina's lines have survived through each of them?

And remember, this Empire has come from the Imperial Renmant. How would Skywalker blood get into that?

16. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    This could mean a revival of the Jaina/Jag realtionship...

...too bad. Jag deserves better :p

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    You know, Jan and John have done a great job keeping facts about the new series from slipping out.

We know that there is a resurgent Empire, but we don't know if they are the new galactic government or just growing.

We don't know if they will be uber-bad or something completely different.

We don't know the status of the Jedi, other than that their temple is attacked.

We don't know if the Sith have a new empire of their own either.

We don't know if there is still a Galactic Alliance.

We don't know if the relationship of the Jedi to the Empire.

We don't know the relations of the main characters to the Big Three.

We don't know...

(Goes on for another 15 minutes) :p

In all, we are still in for one hell of a suprise when the series comes out.

--Adm. Nick

18. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Is it just me, or does the Leathery Viceroy-Type look something vaguely resembling what would occur if an Anzati, a Kiffar, and Jimmy Smits all humped?

Maybe they pieced Alderaan back together?

[face_laugh] Too true. Aw, crap... [face_mischief]

[image=http://creature-corner.com/nextraimages/rocky_piss.jpg]

"Mr. Stallone? Sir? That's, er, not a urinal...aah, jeez. Someone get a mop and call his nurse again..."

19. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    That looks like that crazy dress Leia wore in one of the Marvel issues.

I smell incest.

20. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Just wait until a Zeltron gets ahold of it...

21. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    Anakin, Luke, and Mara have all been members of the Empire at one point or another.

Now that Pellaeon's the major military mojo of the Galactic Alliance (which the Jedi side with during LOTF) and with a lot of the original leaders of the New Republic joining the Corellians, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine the Empire slowly absorbing the Alliance, and the Jedi along with it.

22. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    The Twi'lek is Astraal Vao, I presume? I wonder if there's any connection to Griff or Mission Vao...

23. Charlii

Charlii Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Most likely they´re of the same clan...

/Charlii

24. darth_Boba

Aug 28, 2002
    More than likely. Blue Twi'leks are apparently pretty rare, and combined with the last name, it's probably the truth.

25. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Obviously why we only have like 3 Twi'lek characters with that skin color. [face_liarliar]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.