main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #5: Broken, part 4 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/swlegacy4.jpg]

STAR WARS LEGACY #5

JOHN OSTRANDER (W), JAN DUURSEMA (P), DAN PARSONS (I), BRAD ANDERSON (C), and ADAM HUGHES (Cover)

On sale September 6, FC, 32pg, $2.99

A galaxy-shaking secret is revealed in the heat of battle! Old friendships will be strained to the breaking point, unlikely new alliances will be formed, and the relentless forces of evil will pursue their dark ends with even greater vigor and purpose. In a universe on the brink of either destruction or salvation, it is the actions of an unexpected few that will determine the fates of all. The previously uncharted future of Star Wars takes a surprising turn in this latest issue of Legacyâ??be there!

Previous Issues
    Legacy #0
    Legacy #1
    Legacy #2
    Legacy #3
    Legacy #4

Note: This issue was originally Legacy #4, but has since been bumped up to issue #5. It is still the fourth part of the "Broken" story arc.

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I love the Lone Wolf & Cub look for... well, Master Wolf!

[image=http://j.b5z.net/i/u/2023552/i/vengence_ezr.jpg]

3. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    I think in the first picture, the Jedi on the right looks like a hippy at a peace rally raising his lightsaber in support. Maybe against the imperialism of the...well, the Empire.

4. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Man, this entire series is turning into a giant tease......like the girl two grades ahead of you that tosses a wink in your direction in the cafeteria only to be playing you to get a laugh out of her girl friends..........and I am loving EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!

5. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    You obviously don't watch enough Samurai movies. When the hero Samurai gets into a position like that... expect corpses to be falling left and right. ;)

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
  7. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Awesome. Dark Horse is finally getting its act together.

Is that guy calling Trask a "noob" on the first page? [face_dancing]

EDIT: I just read on. Noobs ahoy!

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    But... we haven't gotten a preview for #3 yet, have we? :confused:

EDIT: Noobs, indeed. These stormtroopers are talking like a bunch of giggling teenagers IMing eachother. Sigh. :oops:

9. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    Yup, that's up now, too, though the issue is apparently coming out after #4. Go figure.

10. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    [face_hypnotized] Whatever.

Though I don't exactly like the "noob" talk, I'm excited about the (apparent) premise of this story. I'm hoping we'll get a good Sunber-like story out of this. :cool:

11. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    OK, so the first "noob" was a cool little easter egg. After the, what, tenth time, it got slightly boring.... [face_beatup]

12. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Thanks for the credits on me finiding the preview, wild_karrde... [face_tired]

:p

Aye, my thoughts excactly! (see Legacy 3 thread, preview's up there, too) It's annoying, imho.

As for the pontential for the story: you're right, it has lots of, and although they sorta play around with Trask, they already take care of him, with the Sergeant getting him outta the mess and the stormie chick calming him down (btw, we've got a canon stormie chick, there.. :p). Although I don't like the name, Joker Squad could be an interesting Stormtrooper unit... :D

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Maleval. The quality of Sith names is improving.

14. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I love the look of that Sith.

15. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    I hope you are kidding, 'cause I laughed at the name "Maleval"... another earthly word-mix, with the French word for "baaaaaaaaaaad" in it. How ingenious is that?! [face_tired][face_worried]

16. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Most Sith names are from some Earth language. This is likely truncated from "Malevolent". Considering that prior Sith names from this era include "Wyyrlok" and "Ruyn", it's a marked improvement.

17. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Darth Gaulle, Darth Plessis, Darth Merde ...[face_whistling]

18. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Damn. I never thought they'd be able to pull off a Sith Quarren, but was I wrong! That guy scares the hell out of me :p

I take it the art isn't by Jan?

19. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I wonder how that guy can maintain his mohawk whilst wearing his helmet? Do the species helmet adaptations also cover hairstyles?

20. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    What's up with those Stormies? This isn't supposed to be Star Wars: Full Metal Jacket, is it?

Meh, waste of motion.[face_talk_hand]

21. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    Looks very interesting altho the NOOB talk is annoying within the first 4 pages already [face_worried]
    joker squad is a hell of a weird name for a "kickass" stormie squad....[face_laugh]

22. Darth_Angle

Darth_Angle Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2006
    Got to love a Quarren Sith. :)

23. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Wow, a Quarren Sith! That's awesome, never thoughta Quarren could look so....sithly.

I really liked how, even in this small preview, we were able to see how the galaxy interacts with the Sith. Normally we just see the Jedi perspective, or that of servants and such, but to see them as a "Legal" organization running the galaxy is very awesome.

Pity the art of this issue isn't Duursema's, but it's still very good. Seriousely, pulling of a Sith Quarren so perfectly....wow

I love it! [face_mischief]

24. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    What's up with those Stormies? This isn't supposed to be Star Wars: Full Metal Jacket, is it?

I have a hunch that that probably wouldn´t be a half bad name for this subplot of the series...[face_thinking]

25. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    We were told long ago that the story would not focus solely on Cade & Co, but rather on many different people (Jedi, Sith, "Good" Imperials, "Bad" Imperials, Imperial Knights, Pilots, Smugglers etc...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.