main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #4: Noob

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    For some reason, the copy for Legacy 4 is the same as for Legacy 5. I guess when they added it in and shifted the other issues around nobody bothered to write something new.

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Yeah, well, I just read it, and you're right. But it's highly likely he is (or rather: was) one, also from the way he behaves.

[:D][face_mischief]

Overall a nice issue, better than I expected, and the way they took the uber-Sith down seemed actually quite likely. But still, the word "noob" bugged me throughout the story... [face_tired]

3. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry you didn't like the use of the word "noob." See, Sue Rostoni wouldn't let us use "FNG"...

Just saying. [face_whistling]

4. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    *cracks up*

5. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Hey, I'm just glad the corpses-in-the-background were Stormies this time.[:D]

6. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Sorry you didn't like the use of the word "noob." See, Sue Rostoni wouldn't let us use "FNG"...

You should've fought harder! That would've been perfect there.

7. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    [face_laugh] But hey, you can always put the word "noob" in there [face_worried] "****ing noob guy" [face_whistling]

It's not that bad, Randy, it's just that I still don't think it fits to SW.

Oh, and about Hondo: I don't think he looks anime-ish, and I think he's quite okay. I'd like to know what he's doing, now that he's both Ex-Mando and Ex-Imp.... [face_thinking]

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Coulda used "kriffing new guy"... ;)

9. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I'm betting he's gone back to being a Mando.

**** yeah!:p

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I wouldn't mind so much if it had just been spelled "newb", minus the online influence.

11. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Okay, why is it that my attempts to edit my last post aren't showing up?[face_thinking]

12. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    What did you edit? It claims you've edited three times.

13. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Let's hope so. [face_peace] We already noticed Mando influence in Legacy, the only thing that's missing is... them! :p

Seconded.

:confused:

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I originally quoted Rogue_Follower's post and posted "kriff yeah!" in response to it, but after hitting the post button, I find that it's come up as "**** yeah!" without the R_F quotation, and none of the attempts I've made to edit it are doing anything to change it.[face_thinking]

"Kriff" isn't on the list of blocked words now, is it?

15. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    No and I see it in your post now. That's odd. The boards themselves don't tend to censor themselves.

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    They'll censor h-o-m-o, and I think they'll censor a few other words, because I've had perfectly innocent posts get screwed up by what seemed to be a censoring system.

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Another thing that's strange is that "kriff" is five letters, and I ended up with only four asterisks in my post. I don't think I accidentally typed a four-letter-word and then posted it without knowing.[face_thinking]

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    [face_tired] Very odd. I'm not sure whether the auto-sensor won't let you edit your post afterward; its possible you typed "**** yeah!" on accident.

But kriff isn't being blocked, AFAIK. :p

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    At least its not a world war one game where the german Pilots call you Noob.

yeah, someone made that.

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Good, 'cause otherwise you'd have to edit out Frak and Frell and Bloah and so on and it would never end...

...And am I the only one who wished noob had been spelled with zeroes? How cheesily awesome would that have been?

21. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    You are the only one. o_O

22. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Pretty good issue, I thought. I sort of expected the 'noob' thing would bug me, but turns out it didn't. The whole thing had a very war movie feel to it, I thought, with the whole gritty, hard-edged grunts on the front line sort of atmosphere. It's always good to see stories with Imperial protagonists, and I'm looking forward to more 'Empire-as-good-guys' stuff coming out of Legacy. It was also neat to see our first female stormtrooper. Nice touch. Now we just need to see some of those non-human stormies mentioned in issue 0.

My only major criticism, if you can call it that, is that I'm bummed out that we have to wait for the conclusion of the "Broken" arc. I would have prefered to have this as a standalone after the arc had finished, but eh.

Still loving the Legacy concept and execution. Can't wait for more. I'm feeling so hyped up and energised about the EU right now, it's great. :)

23. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    first I thought this issue was just made to buy ostrander/duursema more time for their work. though I LOVED this Imperial issue with stormies and the weird mando stormie seems to have some hidden agenda against the sith. mandos will return, that is what I think. cool well done finish.

24. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Well, it says he'd been an Ex-Mando, so it could be that the Mandos allied with the Sith, what was why he left them. [face_thinking]

It'll be interesting to see if they further explore what Hondo's doing now after he's leaving the Empire. It'd be cool to see him meet with some other Mandos and joining them again (sure, that contradicts my above comment, but I was rather kidding^^).

25. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Unlikely, given that he's working for the Sith by extension as a Stormtrooper.

Hope we see him again, and I hope that he is indeed the first Mando to be introduced in Legacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.