main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #10: Trust Issues, part 2 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    That Cade's her kid? Oh she's very aware.

2. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    I think it's interesting that the twist billed as a "surprise bigger than the Death Star" was guessed by people the day the cover to #9 was released.

EDIT: Man, I'm bummed Torlin's dead.

3. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    He's a Force-sensitive, and the next arc picks up right where this one leaves off. Like, directly where it leaves off. So...I'm thinking we should wait and see.

Further, I'm impressed Morrigan was able to keep the whole Kol Skywalker affair/mothering Cade Skywalker thing from Nyna.

4. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    I love how well this spoilers-board & non-spoilers board idea is working. [face_laugh]

j/k

5. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    "Spoilers" are still defined here as any advance knowledge that has yet to be officially released by LFL. Until the folk in charge iron out the kinks, info about already-released comics should go here.

6. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Ok. But doesn't that defeat one of the whole points of the spoiler-board-split? The point about there not being spoilers for the 30-day window after the release of a new project?

Meh, i don't care either way; just find it funny :D

7. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    30 days makes sense for things like books and games, but not comic books. In 30 days, there's a whole other issue of the comic book. Novels and games don't get published that swiftly. Besides, unless we get a leaker from Dark Horse or Diamond Comics or any associated printer, we really don't ever get any spoilers about the comics before they show up at the stores. We can only 'spoil' those who have to wait ages (English readers outside North America) or those who buy from chain bookstores (1 week delay because it has to go through the chain's distribution). If someone's waiting for the trade paperback, I consider it their own fault. ;)

8. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well clearly the spoiler issue in reference to comics is pathetic, yes very pathetic. But nevermind eh?

Anyhow its interesting that Morrigan is Cade's mother. I was never quite sure, I in fact thought she would be a relative at least but she looked too young to be his mother. Did they explain that well in the issue? BTW how did the negotiations go between the the two representatives of Fel & the GA?

9. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Perhaps Morrigan has similar age-defying genes as Mara (Sacrifice Cover) seems to? Standard Imperial issue equipment for female agents: eternal youth.

The negotiations totally collapsed and in fact came to bloodshed. All parties survived, but the Fel Imperials are now perminently banned from The Wheel.

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Funny how even the ambassadors smuggle weapons onto the Wheel. Bet the guys who came up with the "No Weapons" policy are probably relying on the Imperial Mission's charity now.

Edit: Nevermind, Stazi apparently attacked Bovark with a butter knife.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    It's also funny how lax the Wheel authorities are on their searches, apparently.

12. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I view the "No Weapons" policy as more of a warning than a rule. If you get caught with one/caught using one, you've been warned and whatever the proprieters want to do with you is on your own head.

Obviously, though, the number of heavies brought to deal with the GA vs Fel situation wasn't enough to eject two IK and the Fel ambassadore out the airlock as they might have preferred.

13. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    They should've just had a remote activated airlock in every room like that. Things get rowdy, they just suck the filth out.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm pretty sure they had faith they'd leave after being scolded.

15. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Holy feces-throwing monkeys. Not only is Morrigan Cade's mom, but she's . . . his age? Whoah. Only Ostrander could actually pull something like that off. Imperial agents and suchlike are getting a tad old as Skywalker paramours, as well as the illegitimate child angle (been there, done Tenel Ka). I'd have preferred to see a "normal" person. However, she's non Force-sensitive and that's a huge bonus. Huge bonus. I do foresee some conflicted loyalties on her part coming up, though. I need more details on the arrangement, though. Does Cade know? How did an Imperial agent get knocked up by a Skywalker? And why did she leave? Always raising more questions than are answered, is this Legacy.

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    [/quote]
    She spells it all out for her red-haired beau when he asks the same question.
    Gotta keep you coming back for more!

17. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    :confused:

Enlighten me, as a certain redhead was enlightened.

18. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Hey, Matt, I told ya that Cade & Co. were long gone.

Booyah!

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Sure, there's the fact that playing mommy wasn't really her kind of lifestyle - as she seems to imply by her sarcastic tone when she says the word "mommy" - but it seems that the bigger reason is that she knows that, among the Jedi, she's not really going to be able to have a relationship with her son. What's more, I get the impression, based on what she says about Skywalkers, that she's sad to see her son become like Kol, or at least how she believes Kol has become: slave to his surname.

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Then why was she fooling around with Kol? Damn responsibility, it keeps getting in the way.

21. Kicker

Kicker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2007
    u thought it was a butter knife too? haha, wen I saw him pull it out of his wrist, I was laughing my ass all the way down the road, ahahhaha! duros, u gotta love um.

22. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Morrigan's age. Fourty-something. If 120 is the new 60 and 60 is the new 40 in Star Wars, then 40 must be the new 20? ;) o_O

(FYI--Cade is only about 20-21.)

23. DarthNuke0

DarthNuke0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Issue was pretty good. Nice little twist, something I didn't think Dark Horse could come on with. I do like the Alliance and Imperial situation. Although it was pretty obvious how this little meeting was going to turn out. Stuff like that just makes me want to see one side beat the hell out of the other so they can get it over with. In the end I hope the GA just finishes off the Empire for good this time. All the Empire wants to do is control the Galaxy. Well it's time to show them why that's a bad idea once and for all. If your going to rehash the same idea again, let someone truely BLEED this time around. This coming from a guy who loves the Empire, well before it went bad guy again. As the Remnant it was a cool concept of a lost Empire who seemly just wanted to be left alone on their little spot of the Galaxy. A fitting end I say.

But to sell comics, Empire must = bad. Though I must say the little Roan Fel thing changes the concept a little. Which a letter in the back commented on, but it's still the same concept with a small twist. Fel wants and Alliance, but at the same time does Fel have a problem with giving up his Empire rule of the Galaxy WHEN the sith are defeated(AGAIN). Will he just give the Alliance free reign to live like the Remnant lived? Just give them a small spot in the Galaxy?

I would like once and for all for this Galaxy to have at least some peace with this whole Legacy ideas runs it's course or none at all. Like I said in another thread let everyone in the Galaxy just beat the hell out of each other and in the end let their be no republic or Empire or any complete rule over anything. Let all the old alliances die away. That my friends is when you might have an actual good idea come from the dead horse.

I do hope that Legacy isn't one of those series that sticks to it's concept religiously. Which means I hope the Entire series won't deal with the Defeat of the Sith. Have the first 50(which is just a number for example) or so issues deal with this then go on to a new idea with the series that changes things up even more. The Shredder in the comics was defeated pretty early on in the TMNT series and he was the main bad guy. Then the Turtles dealt with a new era in their lives and a new enemy.

Always good to go up against the popular method in comics. Series like Fables live by this. Series like Batman on the other hand do not. I like Batman, but how many times does every villian have to die then come back?

24. DarthNuke0

DarthNuke0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Hmmmm, I thought you guys were told that's how it doesn't work? If I remember right you said that such things were only for few in the Galaxy when it came to the comics. While the novels used it for everyone in the galaxy. This way you can have a big continuity mess like LFL wants.

Now I see that your using the aging system after all in the the comics. Which is it going to be?

:)

25. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Whatever makes female characters look beautiful?[face_whistling]

Of course, it is not just the females. Sometimes SW seems to be a kind of Logan´s Run set in space.[face_plain] If people are not rather young, they still have to at least look like they would be.[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.