main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #14: Claws of the Dragon, part 1 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    XoXaan = Zoh-Zaahn. :)

2. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Eeek the author speaks! Any hints on the Yuuzhan Vong presence in relation? Is it possible to include a Kaleesh imperial knight in later issues?

(I remember you from Celebration IV, I drew a picture of Nei Rin BTW. There's a colored version I will post later)

3. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    Once again Jan and John you both make the most amazing stories.
    I thought it particularly similar to Alema Rar hunting Jacen in Tempest. I have to say that Queen Jool was not what I expected. I was thinking more along the lines of a female Jabba or Durga. Since we're on the topic of 'visual cues', Jan when you use pencil drawings instead of inked drawings I assume they are used to show emphasis. Is this the reason? As in the case with Wolf Sazen's eyes on the last page of issue #14.
    Yay! Another character from the Clone Wars returns, Chak. Of course now I'm dieing for issue #15. It'll be a great birthday gift, finding out the identity of the most unknown character since Darth Vader. What more could I ask for.....
    JN
    P.S. Jedi Rune stones are the coolest thing EVER!!!! And I thought the drunk Verpine was amusing as well.

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    For those who may have missed the latest news, here's two screenshots of Vader's secret protege:

[image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/SecretApprentice2.jpg]

[image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/SecretApprentice1.jpg]

I know. How cool is that?

5. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Bueller... Bueller....?

Anybody got an answer for me on the TIE pilots?

-The Rebel Gungan

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    My only real comment on the issue is that the opening crawl calls it explicitly the Galactic Empire. Hmm.

That, and it is wonderfully delicious to watch the Usurper slowly die. :)

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    How does Zaahn differ from Zahn? More of a "ain" than "on"?

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    One of them is an author, the other is his clone.

Obviously.

:p

9. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    More of 'on' than 'ain'--but soft like 'ohn'.

So-- would Zo Zon be clearer.

Glad you all are liking the Underworld and 'Jools'. She does break the normal Hutt mold a bit, doesn't she? That scene was a total blast to draw. I think because it shows Cade in a different way than we've seen him before.

10. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    Jan, if you're still there, I just want to ask something:

Cade says to himself that he '...called [the Jedi Temple] home'. Would that make Coruscant his homeworld?

--HW

11. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    Cade just means that he spent a lot of his childhood on Coruscant in the Jedi Temple there. He also spent a great deal of time on Ossus in the Jedi Academy there. He was not born on Ossus or Coruscant.

12. Bando_Gora1138

Bando_Gora1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Hmm...though I was originally against this theory the appearance of first K'Krukh and then Chak in this issue have me leaning toward Krayt being a character from the Republic comics.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jan, perhaps you can clarify- was it Cade that force shoves the Bothan Jedi away from Talon? Or Talon herself?

14. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005

Of course, Jan Duursema is clearly already the clone of Jan Dursema, whereabouts unknown! ;) :p

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And you wonder why it took her so long to return to Star Wars comics after Marvel #92- she was being replaced by the clone in the secret Hand of Stradley installation.

16. Moogi

Moogi Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2007
    Speaking of Marvel Star Wars, whatever became of the Nagai and the Tofs? Darth Nihil is a Nagai- I think- so that rules out the idea of the Vong wiping them out.

17. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Well considering he was a Nagai warlord before he became a Sith, I'd say there's a good possibility that the both of those species were alive and fighting each other, amongst other things....

18. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005

I won't tell if you don't. Your secret's safe with us, "Jan." ;)

19. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Oct 14, 2004
    Jan

I don't know if I have been secretly banned or something but can you address the issue with the TIE pilots and there nicknames/call signs on Page 3/4 of the comic?

Am I reading something wrong or is there in an error in either Issue #14 or Issue #0

-The Rebel Gungan

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Makes sense. The Jedi Order still worked closely with the Galactic Alliance government, so Kol (and by extension Cade) probably spent a good deal of time on Coruscant.

--Adm. Nick

21. Jan_Duursema

May 15, 2001
    I am sure you are not banned, Rebel Gungan so no worries there.

Pilot names for Skull Squadron--in order of appearance on the page (yeah, there was a name game mistake--pretty sure it was my fault they got messed up...)

Captain Gunn "Gunner" Yage
    Brodie "Cannon" Coburn
    Tev "Crasher" Rimon
    Jae "Storm" Akura

22. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Jan (since you seem to be the one around), is the organic aesthetic of the Sith (at least in their Lightsabers, Interrogation Droids, and C.O.L.D.'s [if those are Sith creations]) gonna be a plot point at any point, or is it largely gonna be a visual cue to not mix these Sith with old Sith?

Not asking for spoilers on the matter (as I'm sure you wouldn't reveal anyways [unless they were those Naxy-related 'spoilers' you love to share :p]), just wondering if it'll be yet another juicy tidbit to look forward to.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003

The dialogue implied that Talon did it, when Cade said something to the effect of:
    "If you killed him and wasted my time!"

But I have been wrong before.:p

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Right, which is why i was seeking clarification- it seems like Cade is reacting to sensing Talon's strike by both force shoving the Bothan away and igniting his saber in a single action, but that line of dialogue suggests it was Talon shoving, but it's not exactly certain it was her, as Cade may have been speaking in a manner meaning "i hope you didn't just waste my time by intending to kill the bothan during this engagement".

25. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Oct 14, 2004
    Ok, thanks, I reread that page like 30 times trying to figure out who was who and getting really confused. For some reason, little thing like that really get to me, like if I can't understand how the characters are moving through a scene. I remember the battle scene in Bloodlines with Aurra Sing and the revolutionaries being really confusing.

But I don't mean to nitpick, overall Great Issue, Great Series, Great Work, can't wait to find out who Krayt is and the Obi-Wan secret!

-The Rebel Gungan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.