main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #19: Claws of the Dragon, part 6 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by s65horsey, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWlegacy19.jpg]

STAR WARS: LEGACY #19 ? CLAWS OF THE DRAGON part 6 (of 6)
    JOHN OSTRANDER (W), JAN DUURSEMA (P), DAN PARSONS (I), BRAD ANDERSON (C), and TRAVIS CHAREST (Cover)
    On sale Dec 12
    FC, 40 pages
    $2.99

The galaxy-shaking storyline ?Claws of the Dragon? reaches its unbelievable conclusion as the Empire?s enemies and allies all make their move for one man?Cade Skywalker!

Cade stands face-to-face with the Emperor of the galaxy and leader of the Sith legions, Darth Krayt. Has the last Skywalker reached the point of no return on the path to darkness? Meanwhile, Deliah Blue and Jariah Syn execute a rescue plan for Cade that revolves around a single, significant word: ?Boom.?

Cade Skywalker versus Darth Krayt!

2. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Besides the story that Im sure its interestin i found out the art cover really different in a good way, it reminds me of the art of Arkham Asylum, so we can expect a dark story.

Boom!

3. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I think it'd be alot cooler if he did stay a Sith, as least for a while. I hope that J/J/R find a way to fit Sia into this issue. She's so hot, BOOM! Oh yeah, Charest needs to go on & finish that cover up!

Arkham Asylum's art & story were so good, loved that book. Loved that Joker!

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Emperor of the galaxy my exalted butt.

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Man... A'Sharad better spank Cade's druggie ass...

6. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I hate when they post it early, because then now I can hardly wait till December haha

7. The_Pantless_Wookiee

The_Pantless_Wookiee Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 18, 2007
    I hope that's not the cover, it's way too. . .cartoony. Other than that, I can't wait for this issue; or any issue of Legacy for that matter.

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Fixed.

9. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I find your lack of taste disturbing.

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Didn't Cade start this arc with a Green 'saber? Then #17 (apparently, although possibly figuratively) gives him a red 'saber. Now he's got a blue one. Interesting. Kol's 'saber, perhaps?

Oh, and Horsey, thanks a lot. Now I can't read Trip's original post without it coming accross as Rule 34-ish.

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm pretty sure the art above isn't the finished version, but just the rough. That's why it's so sketchy, and why it already has the tagline. :p

12. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    The thumbnail looks perfect though.

13. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It may just be a draft, but it a great piece of art none the less.

Boom? Has Kell survived all this time? :p

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Canon go boom?

15. melted_plasteel

melted_plasteel Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2007
    maybe he snatched up dad's saber from a'sharad's trophy case.

16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I always love the teaser summaries. Hm, boom, there are so many things they could blow up. Of course, even if Cade goes darkside, he's not going to just bow down to Krayt.

I'm hoping that's not the finished version, and if that is just a draft copy... Damn, the final version is going to look sweet.

Wonder who else is going to jump in on this party. They mention the Empire's enemies and allies, wonder if anybody from the Roan Fel faction will join in on the upcoming explosions.

Here's hoping this issue comes out this year, the conclusion of Legacy's second big arc... Oh, this is going to be good.

By the way, was that big "bigger than the revelation of Krayt's identity" revelation supposed to be in this issue or isssue five?

17. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    This can only mean the return of Wraith Squadron!

18. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006

19. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I would prefer "Face Off" to get dropped from the cover, but the rest of it looks awesome to me.

I'll probably sound a little bit nutty here, but if I didn't know better I could be convinced that Cade is actually facing off in lightsaber action against a young Krayt Dragon. A'Sharad just looks very primal.

I wonder what the nature of the fight will be. Here are some possibilities I can think of.

1. Cade fed up with Krayt and his Dark Side Garbage. Decides to embrace his Legacy. "I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    2. Cade listens to Krayt rave about the Sith for awhile. Krayt asks Cade to repeat after him. "Through Victory my chains will be broken." "Kark that. I don't need victory, I have no chains to be broken. I want you all to leave me alone." Cade has been offered a Gig with the Jedi and now with the Sith. Neither job appeals to him and he wants out.
    3. Cade likes the Sith a little too much. He considers joining but tells Krayt "Look Patisa, if you think I'm going to call you master you better lay off the Death Sticks. I'm the Skywalker here and you need me a hell of a lot more than I need you. I am the Master."
    4. Cade goes Dark Side but the Sith aren't in the picture as far as he's concerned. "C'mon you karking Sith Hounds, there is Death and I'll give it to you."
    5. Some plot involving Lord Nihl trying to grab Cade for himself. Obviously they get busted. Sith Temple momentarily in Disarray....Cade vs. Krayt.....Nihl vs. Talon...

20. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I know it probably isn't the finished version, but I really like the sketchy cover. I think it'd make an awesome finished cover!

21. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    'Boom.'

:D:D:D

--HW

22. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Why do I suddenly see Cade walking away from this fight minus a limb? :p ;)

23. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    I've waited for this for so long! Krayt and Cade duel! Somebody's gonna have their behind spanked! And I know it's gonna be Krayt's!

I love you Cade Skywalker!! [face_love]

24. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    I really kinda doubt it....handing Darth Krayt a major defeat this early in the story seems more than a little premature.

25. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.