main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    ...You have seen Return of the Jedi, right? He always looks dopey, but never more than when sporting the ROTJ toddler hair.

The real question here: Is it more or less flattering than the Gordon Gekko look?

2. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    "Greed...for lack of a better word, is the path to the dark side."

3. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    No less!

Dunc - lol

4. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    What worked 1st works best, no? The Rebellion started out terrorizing the legitimate goverment of the galaxy & pirating away Han Solo's drugs & credits that he was trying to pirate from the Hutts. Arrrh!

5. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    According to Wookieepedia, Cronal has a hand in at least three events that occur after this book: he performs alchemical experiments on the Trailians sometime after Endor, he kidnaps Mara Jade during Dark Empire, and he turns Irek into Lord Nyax sometime between Children of the Jedi and Rebel Stand. Presumably he was alive when doing all these things, so we'll have to wait and see how that squares with Mindor.

My hope is that Shadowspawn is a clone of Blackhole. Not only can the villain of the book then die at the end, but the real Blackhole, a decrepit old man, can survive to do his thing and Shadowspawn's name takes on a literal and, I think, very cool meaning.

6. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Shadowspawn:Blackhole::Anakin:plagueis?

:eek:

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Current sources (i.e. the Dark Forces II articles) seem to hint that Blackhole could create Force-strong creatures... you may be onto something here... [face_thinking]

8. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I'm normally not a fan of cloning as a plot device, but I really like this idea. We already know Cronal was active in the biological sciences.

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    So whether or not Shadowspawn turns out to be Cronal, he's retained elements from both Abel's original backstory and the revised one pegging him as Antha Prime? That's sweet! October can't get here fast enough!

TC

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

How's about we change his name to something less ridiculous? Every second book is filled with Johns, what's another? [face_thinking]

11. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    John Cronal? Actually, I would prefer Bob. None of them in Star Wars yet.

12. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bob_the_Anx [face_shame_on_you] :p

13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I've always wanted to see someone call Bob'ika Bob just to see what'd happen. :p

14. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Boba's been referred to as "Bobby" by certain fans for... well, awhile. :p

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    So that means... Palpatine told Shadowspawn a bunch of LIES about Blackhole? :p

16. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    :confused:

so i just read Wookie's entry for Shadowspawn/Coronal and i'm more confused than before

can someone explain it in simple terms?

17. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The way I think it goes is something like this:

They were originally going to be the same character then LFL decided they weren't going to be but someone messed up and ended up still using the same appearance for both. That caused people to question whether they were going to make them to same after all. Throw into the confusion Atha Prime who Shadowspawn was also meant to be but LFL decided not to be as well.

Fast forward to now and the book comes out and the blurb reveals Shadowspawn's history is the same as Blackhole's and even has elements of Atha Prime's. So, people are now assuming this means since Shadowspawn has the same history and appearance as Blackhole that they are finally deciding to make them the same character again after all.

Confused? Excellent. Lord Shadowspawn would be pleased. :p

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Or, in actual simple terms, because Zorrixor managed to confuse me as a Cronal fan...

Cronal = Blackhole (definitely) = Atha Prime (possibly) = Shadowspawn (possibly).

By virtue of them having similar histories to a degree.

Cronal/Blackhole = Prophet of the Dark Side, former Director of Imperial Intelligence
    Atha Prime = Exiled to Outer Rim at some point
    Shadowspawn = All the above features it seems

19. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    I thought it was Cronal who was exiled.

Adding to it, though, is that Prime is a genetics terrorist...

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm 90% sure Lord Cronal went by the title Blackhole.

Genetics terrorist? Sounds awfully like the Invincible blurb...

*strokes chin*

21. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    Yes, that's what I meant. Cronal/Blackhole was the one exiled, not Prime...I think.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Cronal remained with the Empire after Endor while the rest of the Prophets left, helping Iceheart found the Church of the Dark Side and then assumedly leaving her and assisting the Emperor by contacting elements such as Jerec, seemingly his fate after that point becoming unknown.

Atha Prime, I think, was supposedly exiled for growing clones for Grand Moff Trachta's attempted coup, and Abel wanted him to be responsible for the Battle of Skye, in the Clone Wars, which never happened as a retcon. I hope we get a Shadowspawn perspective...

Perhaps linking him to every darksider we've had left floating up there, preferably.

23. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    thx (1138 ;)) for the responses.

hopefully when the book is released much of the mystery will be solved.

24. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    It still seems Cronal/Blackhole and Shadowspawn are two seperate people. Cronal was around during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion while Shadowspawn was already dead, but I suppose anything is possible.

On a side note, according to Wookieepedia: "Only a handful knew Cronal's true form: a shrunken, withered, and frail old man." Was this added recently? I never remember him being a "frailed old man". Somebody at Wookieepedia is ruining my Cronal = Sith Lord White Eyes theory....grrrrrrr :mad:

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It sounds like Stover raided Abel Pena's notes, despite the fact that Abel claimed to have nothing to do with this novel. At any rate, it seems like it could become one massive retcon of obscure EU sources, if done right...

EDIT: KnightDawg, I believe Shadowspawn's fate was left ambiguous in the first sourcebook he was mentioned in. And Stover's never seemed eager to kill off any of his villains, judging by Traitor and Shatterpoint. So there's still a chance, maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.