main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy #31: Vector part 12

Discussion in 'Literature' started by whiskers, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmpireStrikes

TheEmpireStrikes Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2004
    Do I spy a Kaleesh stormtrooper?

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    =D= Agreed! We needed some good comic relief with all of the genocide and plague and just all out madness in Legacy recently. Especially during this particular epic battle between the good the bad and the just plain crazy, where a little bit of humour slows down the pace and makes us enjoy the story up until and including the eventual climax. Also, IMHO, this is just another example of why Cade owns every sith, using humour to make them angry, and then strike them when they're blinded by rage, silly silly! 8-}

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    That does look vaguely Kaleesh

Does Wyyrlok have an all alien contingent of stormies?:confused:

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Looks like Thrawn missed a few.

5. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Just the sight of the alien stormtroopers has got me sold on this. :D

The way Cade's getting at Darth Stryfe reminds me of how Spider-Man would poke fun at the villains, getting them all frustrated.

6. TheEmpireStrikes

Jun 11, 2004
    Moreover, the other alien stormtrooper looks vaguely Chistori.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  8. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Yet another Marvel-origin race! Cool!

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Kaleesh in trooper armor?

What would Grievous think?

10. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    That stormie looks like the same race as Gaar Suppoon.
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/45/Gaar.jpg]

11. TheEmpireStrikes

Jun 11, 2004
    Potential retcon there, then...

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Considering what the talisman does to human soldiers, aliens seem to be useful.

13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Meh, ok preview, still not that interested in the ongoing duel. Although Celeste looks really creepy possessed by Muur though. And interesting how Maladi and Shado can at least focus on fighting off rakghouls instead of each other. Nice to see Wyyrlokk is about to join the battle soon, though based on his comments, sounds like Krayt's going to be in trouble soon. Though yeah, odd that they used the name Relentless again. Are they just not that original at coming up with names? I think they used Imperious twice, for Veed's flagship and the new big Star Destroyer, although at least Imperious seems like a good "flagship" name. Although Relentless sounds cool too, though.

Wonder how messy the end of this brawl will be, but it'll be a nice way to end the year of great Legacy comics too.

14. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Is anyone else confused at the sight of yet another female Devaronian? (The alien Stormtrooper with the forehead dots for those unfamilar)

I thought it was an established fact that female Devaronians almost never leave their homeworld. But in Legacy alone we've got Darth Maladi, Kee, and now this background character. Has there been some signifigent change in Devaron's societal values since the last era, or can we chalk this up to the fact that Jan must simply love drawing female Devaronian's?

This isn't a complaint, BTW. I love the way female deva's look. So either way, I'm good. Just curious :D

15. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    I'd guess it's a case of Devaronian social evolution. No reason that it couldn't be increasingly common for them to leave their world as both Devaronian and galactic culture change.

16. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Liberated Devaronian women, I think. Maybe the wandering Dev menfolk decided to come home to roost, and well, if Villie is a prime example, maybe the females all just up and left. ;)

Or maybe it's just one of those urban myths. [face_thinking]

There are alien Troopers--and if there was ever a mission to bring them along on, this is it. (Legacy 0 had a bit about alien Troopers--so they've been planned for some time.) The other Troopers are indeed Kaleesh and Yinchorri. Good observations all around.

17. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yinchorri?

As much as I openly hate and despise enforced continuity....but weren't they genocided?

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    So were the Kaleesh (by Thrawn.)

They got better. :p

19. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    I wonder if any Sith will die. I got the feeling that one of them would, possibly Stryfe, until I saw the next issues cover. Now I am hoping that Maladi is safe.

20. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    The Jedi were subject to genocide too. However, genocide does not directly equate to the absolute obliteration of an entire group. Genocide is the attempt to absolutely obliterate an entire group. Because a species or group has been the subject of genocide does not mean that the genocide was 100% successful.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Even if Thrawn did genocide Kalee itself, the Kaleesh had colony worlds. Ditto the Yinchorri, no doubt. It suits Imperial policy, seemingly, to destroy the homeworlds of species and then push along the rest of the species into extinction in its own good time, to spread the fear.

Either way, a very intriguing preview.

Cade is going to beat the stuffing out of Stryfe, clearly.

"I am Death!"

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Looks like Cade has been brushing up on his Spider-Man collection. I approve. And Krayt's like the Rodney Dangerfield of Sith. "I've easily beaten more powerful Sith than you!" No respect.

23. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    No; since at least the Ultimate Alien Anthology it's been said that only their civilization was destroyed, which they started rebuilding after the Imperials left.

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    What gave you that idea?
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Thesmackdowncometh.jpg]

Its more like the calvary is about to arrive. Wyyrlock is BEYOND loyal to the cause. Mustafar, for the past two years (in just about every other line of his dialog) he swears himself to Krayt and his vision for the galaxy.

He wasted Andeddu and he's coming to bail out Krayt and co...
    While I'm at it: Ce la vie Celeste, RIP little Jedi.

**If Krayt dies, Wyyrlock is more than capable of finishing the deal and ruling the galaxy as head of the One Sith.

** = BIG if, btw.

If Krayt ever gets healed of the Vong seeds, I wonder will he look like this:

[image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/Silver_Maul.jpg]

25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    My question is what would Wyyrlok do if Krayt acted against the Code of One Sith? If, for instance, Krayt took the Muur Talisman and decided to subjugate the entire Galaxy to his will, but by turning them into mindless rakghouls in the process: would Wyyrlok stand by him?

Or would Wyyrlok stand by Krayt's own philosophy and judge him to have outgrown his usefulness? [face_thinking]

It would not be a betrayal. It would be an act of loyalty, and a verdict on Krayt's betrayal of himself. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.