main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts The Micro Series & Genndy Tartakovsky appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GGrievous, Sep 2, 2012.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Seeing that the old thread went down with the temp board, I have decided to restart the thread here in the permanent non IGN board.

Since the image is huge, you could see the great poster of the series here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:CloneWarsPoster.jpg

So, let's start this thread on good terms by starting a topic.

Edit: Also, now that the converted forum is back, we could see the original reviews of the episodes whenever the index page updates. Unless someone is brave enough to search through dozens of threads.

TiniTinyTony and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I haven't thought of this show in a long time, but your post reminded me of the origin of Anakin's scar from the series. Glad to see you're keeping it's memory alive.

3. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I personally favor the series and always willing to discuss about it. We had a good thread going in the temp forum.

4. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I have these dvds in my collection, I think you've motivated me to pull them out and watch them again. I did enjoy the way they were initially released, so you were always looking forward to the next installment.

5. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Grievous was bad-ass in it, I got chills at his reveal.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Nice, good to hear. :) I have both DVDs as well, and I like hearing the commentaries. Bridging the Saga: From Clone Wars to Revenge of the Sith with Lucas and Genndy is probably my favorite bts vid and brings back old memories. Good times, I guess.

I know there's recent opinions about him being a Gary Stu, but I still prefer that Grievous over what we have now.

7. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    I'd rather he be doing it than Ashoka. [face_dunno]

I didn't like the random pauses in lightsaber battles. Especially the Asajj/Anakin one where they just stop for 10 years as it rains.

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I would prefer just about anything over what we're getting from TCW, dare I say even the Denningverse.

But enough about disappointing things, I watched CW for the first time during the move, and it was excellent.

Paparazzo likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [face_not_talking] [​IMG]

Paparazzo likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This series was amazing. It was a bit of a let down when this series was first released since it was only 3 minutes each for the first 2 seasons. Watching them all together made it so worth it. This was the Clone Wars!

11. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Attempting to repeat my initial post on this thread in the temp boards; this series not only focused on the actual War but it also took continuity into account with its stories, unlike TCW much of the time. I did feel Force-users were a bit overpowered in CW but I'd rather see that than the Jedi hardly ever using the Force at all like with TCW. On the other hand, although I do prefer the Grievous in CW more debates about him in the temp boards have made me wonder if his earlier reputation was more propaganda than fact.

GGrievous likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh and because no discussion of the Micro Series is complete without him, I present Captain Fordo in all his glory.
    [​IMG]

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, Fordo. :cool:

While exaggeration might be something, I know there are some people that claim that CW overpowered the Jedi in a way the films never showed. Even so, they said "no one used Mace Windu's speed on Dantooine in the films." Methinks they didn't watch TPM. :p I like how the series showed the Jedi relying on the Force rather than their lightsaber for the most part.

14. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    This! Both of them [face_party]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Mace Windu destroying all of the droids on Dantooine was amazing. Grevious was a real threat. The commando's using hand signals was cool too.

16. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    The massive tank's hammer slamming down made me jump even though I could see it coming from miles away.

Windu had a mutated chin.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I know that I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that thing when it slammed down so I can't blame you.

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Still better. [face_coffee]

Just have to get that down on the first page. =p

GGrievous likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't forget, Togruta, everything's back to 25 PPP.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Kit Fisto on Mon Calamari >>>>>>> TCW's Mon Calamari battle.

21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I guess that group viewing thing didn't end up happening.. Ah well. Probably too complicated.

22. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    People who accuse CW Grievous of being a Gary Stu just aren't used to competently written and effective villains in a Star Wars product these days. In which case, I can see the confusion.

23. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Which is pretty sad sense it's annoying seeing a mustache twirling cad carrying villain in every episode of TCW who can't do anything without tripping of their shoelaces and when they view an actual threat they think it's overpowered

Zeta1127 and Paparazzo like this.
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The old series is GENIUS and I love it!

GGrievous likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasn't a big fan of the series, i prefer this series than that series