main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Rogue Jedi 2.0 - Kyp Durron story index and discussion thread - Challenge #1 is up, with a prize!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kyp_Durron_Index, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have begun with a new Kyp Durron story

Ceillean likes this.
  4. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Very cool, earlybird-obi-wan :D
    I haven't written Kyp in a while. I haven't written anything in a while. I should but...I don't know. There is no motivation, at the moment.
    Someone motivate me! :p

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I've always preferred the humorous side of Kyp as opposed to the serious dark side stuff. I have enjoyed writing him as a rogue in the romantic sense. Have I written much Kyp? No. But, what I have remains some of my favorites.

Durroness and Ceillean like this.
  6. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Guys, I'm having all the Kyp feels again. I dug out a fanfic that I never finished and I re-read it and have the itch to finish it now (and I'm close to the end! Like, really close. Why did I never finish this beast?) I don't care that Disney blew up our canon, I never really accepted most of it anyways, but... I can get all my other fandom needs (asoiaf, the walking dead, stormlight archive... etc.) on Tumblr, but the Kyp tag is almost empty over there, and I don't see that changing. Help?

Kahara likes this.
  7. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    OMG. A Kyp thread. A Kyp CHALLENGE??

So much to read, so much to do, so little time!

(Hi, everyone! I've been only sporadically around of late, but I'm trying to come out to play more!)

edit: just realized this is bumped from a year ago- oops. What happened, my Kyp lovers? Come back!

8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Kyp challenge may just be what this thread needs to Spark some action!

LexiLupin likes this.
  9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The Kyp lovers are slowly creeping out of their hiding places, it seems. :D
    I would love a new challenge. Something hero-y.
    Iverna New challenge, perhaps?

Edit: I even have a challenge suggestion: the bad ass hero challenge :D Fits Kyp to a t

LexiLupin likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! Yes, it does. He's so smooth like the best, best chocolate too [face_laugh]

11. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    So I was reading the forums using the way back machine, for 2007, and there were so many Kyp fics! Soooo many!

But it is really hard to read them because most pages are not archived. I have started so many epic awesome stories just to find that the rest of the story is gone once I get halfway through. I would love love love it if anyone wants to help rebuild this index by reposting some older stories that are truncated.

Anyone? Bueller?? Puleeese?

12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I think you should PM Iverna who used to manage this thread (unfortunately she hasn't been around in a while) and/or the mods.

Just for reference, some older Kyp threads (with links to the Wayback Machine as well since the threads suffer from truncationitis):
    Rogue Jedi: Kyp Durron Discussion & Story Index (2004-2008) – WBM link
    Rogue And Goddess: K/J In Fanfic (2004-2009) – WBM link
    The Kyp/Jaina Fanfic Index and Discussion (2003-2011) – WBM link

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It might be difficult to gather all the older Kyp stories, so I guess it's up to us to create new ones. :D
    I still have lots of stuff on my computer that I haven't even posted yet. But seeing that I'm a perfectionist when it comes to writing...urgh.
    I finish a chapter and read through it and all my mind says is: this sucks. You can do better. Which generally leads to me never finishing anything. It's awful.
    So I could use this thread to break the curse! :cool:

Fellow Kyp lovers, start posting your stories. :D

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceillean - I'm slightly biased when it comes to your Kyp stuff. I more or less think it's genius LOL =P~ He's such an edible and delightful scoundrel [face_laugh] And Liz - such a perfect life-mate!

Ceillean likes this.
  15. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    I would love to see some more Kyp stories here again. And I encourage anyone with a truncated story (Kyp or otherwise) to fix or re-post it so we can enjoy the vintage fanfic-ness. :D

Ewok Poet and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh goodness...there are so many [face_laugh]

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
  18. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, look, a reboot of the thingy I accidentally abandoned. Whoops.

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I wish I could get transcripts of all of Kyp's scenes on "Fate of the Jedi" so I don't have to slog through.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
  22. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The BBCode way: [url="http://boards.theforce.net/threads/daring-drabbles-with-kyp-durron-kyp-oc-others.50038438/"]Daring Drabbles With Kyp Durron[/url] (The quotation marks aren't strictly necessary, but they don't hurt and can help in the rare case of a URL containing a "]" character.)

The other way: Type the display text ("Daring Drabbles With Kyp Durron"), then highlight it and click the link icon on the formatting toolbar. Paste in the URL and hit Enter.