main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    I admire the sound of Jango's Westar 34s when he engages in combat with Obi-Wan.

2. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    I was always super disappointed that Obi Wan's lightsaber didn't sizzle in the rain like in the microseries. That would have been neat.

I liked how Obi Wan pats C3P0 on the shoulder to calm him down in Mustafar, it's a nice touch - the man is emotionally and physically beat to the hells and can still comfort a droid.

3. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

The view is amazing

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
  5. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    It would been neat to see his lightsaber sizzle.

6. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I like Palpatine's little smile right after he says "Learn to know the dark side of the Force, Anakin, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.":

[​IMG]

7. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm rather fond of these CG character reflections:

TPM: A sombre scene with Jar Jar.
    Ochre ear fins/back of body reflected in the chrome ornament -- quietly emphasizing Jar Jar's surreal flexibility and ultimate mutability (see AOTC).

[​IMG]

AOTC: Obi-Wan looks on with puzzlement in a dream-like cloning facility.
    Taun We's reflection literally clones the cloner -- her dark twin being pelted by rain.

[​IMG]

ROTS: Giving the Separatists their marching orders.
    Grievous' reflection is a nice, subtle, phosphorous-blue -- a ghostly flicker in this political landscape as he is soon to be.

[​IMG]

While sort of unintentional, I have chosen images where the main character whose reflection I've drawn attention to, recedes farther back into the screen, and the frames also become more densely populated by other people.

I also thought about dropping the AOTC image, simply because the reflections in the TPM and ROTS captures are much more subtle, and are sort of discreet rhymes/sneaky inversions of one another (Jar Jar's being a sort of muted red, Grievous' being a hazy grey-blue).

Also, Grievous both scheme-ily and explicitly sends the Separatists to the Mustafar system (the climax of ROTS: a hellish Naboo), while Jar Jar more softly sends Padme, frozen out of the Republic, back to Naboo, with a stealthy flash of inspiration (the climax of TPM).

Well, I guess I got back into my rhyming fetish. You could look upon Grievous as a psycho-cyber Jar Jar, while the tall, slender body of Taun We is somewhat anticipated by Jar Jar's stretched reflection in the lamp (not to mention Obi-Wan pulling a bit of a "what's this?" face toward Taun We; like he does with Jar Jar when he meets him in TPM).

Anyway, I think the reflections introduce a subtle photorealism and obviously work on symbolic levels, too. And all three characters, in my opinion -- Jar Jar, Taun We, and Grievous -- are beautifully designed, textured, lit, animated, and rendered.

Top marks for George and ILM!

8. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    This two moments! So hilarious! [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raquel, Tonyg, Senator Wan and 17 others like this.
  9. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    So many to list, however the first thing that flashed through my head was the Separatist leaders not being able to read between the lines...

If a Sith Lord told me he was sending his apprentice to take care of me... I would probably not be there when he arrived.

10. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I love how, in the first ten minutes of AOTC, 2 people both ignore another persons heartfelt greeting:

Yoda: To see you alive brings warm feeling to my heart.
    PADMÉ: Do you have any idea who was behind the attack?

Later...

Jar-Jar: Mesa busten wit happiness seein Yousa again, Annie.

ANAKIN: She didn't even recognise me, Jar-Jar. I thought about her every day since we parted... and she's forgotten me completely.

Both people brush of the others welcome and talk about themselves. They must be destined to be together!

11. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    My favorite little moment? Just one? You ask the impossible!

Opening shot of TPM. The look, the models, the detail. You know you are BACK.

3PO and R2 bickering on Geonosis.

Windu's "A Sith LORD?". Like discovering the President is a secret alien nazi or something.

12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
  13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The opera house scene, for several reasons. One, Ian McDiarmid is amazing in that scene. Two, the subtext of what he's saying (when he describes Plageuis's apprentice, he's clearly talking about himself). Three, it's some of Hayden's best acting in the PT. And finally, Anakin is such a clueless moron in that scene that it's hilarious.

14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well to be fair, Gunray and co were kind of idiots throughout those films. So them having one last moment of ineptitude is not all that surprising.

15. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I wonder what the 'plan' that Gunray mentions is? Is it just the move to Mustafar? And why, when Vader arrive, are all the heads of the Separatists working meticulously on the consoles? Why do they need to micro-manage? Is something else going on here?

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the novel - Sidious has ordered them to start shutting down the droid army.

Senator Wan and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Why?

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Because he wants the war to be over.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    But why do the Separatists go along with this?

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe because they've never been in the war for moral reasons in the first place - they only went to war because they believed that, in the long term, they would be rewarded by him for doing so. Now, the war is coming to an end.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    The dialogue in the scene when Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin enter to arrest the Chancellor/Darth Sidious.
    Mace Windu: In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor.
    Supreme Chancellor: Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?
    Mace Windu: The senate will decide your fate.
    Supreme Chancellor: [now speaking as Darth Sidious] I AM the senate!
    Mace Windu: Not yet.
    [the Chancellor/Darth Sidious rises slowly, and his lightsaber snaps to his hand from his sleeve]
    Supreme Chancellor: It's treason, then...
    [ignites his lightsaber and leaps over his desk to attack]

Mace Windu: [has Palpatine subdued] I'm going to put an end to this, once and for all!
    Anakin Skywalker: You can't. He must stand trial.
    Mace Windu: He has control of the senate and all the courts. He is too dangerous to be left alive!
    Supreme Chancellor: [exhausted and disfigured] But, I'm too weak. Don't kill me.
    Anakin Skywalker: That's not the Jedi way. He must live.
    [Windu ignores Anakin, still intending to kill Palpatine]
    Anakin Skywalker: I need him!
    [Windu raises his lightsaber]
    Anakin Skywalker: NO!

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000003/quotes

Senator Wan and Jo Lucas like this.
  22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    While this is a bit of a mood killer to the scene, it is the most hilarious thing in the film. Ian McDiarmid has an amazing range of facial expressions.

[​IMG]

23. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

You've compelled me to add this:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

24. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    2 scenes already mentioned above, Yoda taking out Palpatines 2 guards in ROTS, the opera scene in ROTS is beautiful, I love this scene between Anakin and Palpatine. From TPM, Qui Gons interactions with Watto too. In AOTCS I really like the swirling musical score they use for Kamino.

25. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The yellow on the various vehicles Anakin pilots throughout the trilogy. Since Anakin has less ownership over his life than Luke, it's fitting that Anakin's signature is more abstract than having a single ship in the manner of Luke and the x-wing.