main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    With a great victory in the end despite losses.

minnishe and ArtSchmo like this.
  2. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Queen Amidala: No, I BEG you to help us.

This part really gave an emotional jolt. For a Queen to suddenly fall on her knees, I felt this was quite the moment. Despite the fact that Padme revealed who she really was, that was the time she showed immense humility, shaking the foundation of the perceptions that the Gungans and the Naboo about each other. . And it took the highest office in the land to be the ironic example of this. Beautiful. Padme's (Natalie's) slight shake of the head while still eyes on Boss Nass, when he said " Yousa no thinken yousa greater then the Gungans?" was totally sincere.

[​IMG]

Only from the mind of GL.

MJ

3. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    I admire your consistent praise of George Lucas.

Collipso, Cryogenic and MarcJordan like this.
  4. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    It's not very progressive to lament things it's more enjoyable to see all the good stuff . For better or for worse (only in the eye of the beholder I guess), GL controlled basically this whole PT project. Hollywood if in control, would have cut lots of stuff out. LOL!

Anyway, another little thing I liked very much was when Anakin in TPM, jumps into the Naboo fighter, even though it was for safety reasons to hide out from the intensity going around him, the frenzy and the Naboo pilots all getting into their ship to face the droid control ship, I loved that Anakin had to fly out eventually and be out there defending the Naboo. The danger and excitement filling up the situation at hand:

[​IMG]

Not to be outdone, I think the above intensity is almost if not eerily similar is in ESB, the scene at the hangar at Hoth, when the Rebels are moving out while the Empire has attacked (the Star Destroyer) is approaching the planet.Here's Luke the Son jumping into the fighter to face the land attack of the AT-AT's. Danger and excitement equally perilous " I know what you mean:" says Luke to Dax who says he feels he could take on the whole empire himself:

[​IMG]

Same haircut! [face_dancing]

MJ

5. ArtSchmo

ArtSchmo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

6. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    Darth Trollranus. (parody of Darth Tyranus)

ArtSchmo likes this.
  7. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Anakin: Excuse me. Im the head of security my lady.
    Padme: Anakin this is my home I know it very well that is why we're here. I think it would be wise that you take advantage of my knowledge in this instance.

Anakin is not getting a break here, even though he's given a responsible job by the Jedi. This is a tense scene but at the same time showing both characters having a heart to heart chat so to speak, unfortunately in front of others! I really enjoyed this head to head despite the fact. That said gotta feel for Anakin getting pushed and pulled around but to he has to keep her protected.

[​IMG]

But hold on... did Padme (Anakin's future wife) say "use her knowledge"? How about we visit ROTS? Who else said this?

PALPATINE: Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the Force, Anakin, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death.

ANAKIN: What did you say?

PALPATINE: Use my knowledge, I beg you . . .

And this was Palpatine drawing Anakin to think of his wife Padme to save her life. And as we see Anakin later does all the evil actions as he said to "protect you" to Padme.

[​IMG]

MJ

8. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    Palpatine observing a duel between his current apprentice and a individual whom he seeks for that person to defeat the apprentice then usurp the title. (Tyranus vs Anakin) (Vader vs Luke)

mes520 and darklordoftech like this.
  9. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Two, although I haven't thought about it too much. Both are from TPM. The way Palpatine say to Anakin "We shall be watching your career with great interest." And the look that Maul gives Obi-Wan just before he jumps out of the pit.

Shaak Ti and MarcJordan like this.
  10. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    Obi-Wan above a pit defenseless who suddenly utilizes a weapon on the ground to defeat the foe. (Qui-Gon's lightsaber against Maul) (Grievous' s blaster against Grievous)

MarcJordan likes this.
  11. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Master Yoda! When Dooku collapses the ceiling over Yoda. Yoda's taking quick action holding up his hands.....to stop the big pieces of debris....Yoda then stares right at Dooku before throwing the slabs off. Fantastic!

[​IMG]

Stare him down Yoda! You're the man. [face_cowboy]

MJ

12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Things that will never allow me to see TPM the same:

Ray Park's inspiration for the face he makes when Darth Maul gets cut in half was having to go number two real bad and then finally going.

Ray Park makes a cameo as a Naboo Royal Guard. Came in on his day off, and during filming of the Padme escape sequence they just decided to dress him up and put him in the scene. You can see him very briefly in a couple of the sequences.

Just a couple of tidbits I picked up at SWCA during, you guessed it, Ray Park's panel.

13. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    The sting of music when Yoda is activating his lightsaber to duel Dooku. 3:53 to 3:59.

darklordoftech and mes520 like this.
  14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Why hasn't it been officially released yet!?

15. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    No idea.

16. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

This is one my favourite Yoda moments ever. While Anakin and Obi Wan are arguing (after Padme falls of the gunship) and about to reach the hangar wherein Dooku already arrived, the Clone commander offers Yoda great news "the droid army is in full retreat". But here's Yoda having several troubling things in his head. Amazing piece of CGI but more than that it really tells several stories. The look, facial expression, eye movements the strain on Yoda's face works in so many levels as far as I am concerned. The pic alone without the actual playback as the story continues to enfold doesn't do it justice. So I would suggest have a look again. It's a powerful moment.

MJ

17. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Wow, I hadn't noticed that before. Nice!

MarcJordan and Cryogenic like this.
  18. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    My pleasure. :D

MJ

mes520 likes this.
  19. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    The Form II: Makashi stance introduced in Episode II. It is so elegant yet powerful.

mes520 and MarcJordan like this.
  20. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    Anakin with two lightsabers.​
    [​IMG]

wobbits and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Pity that was only for 10 seconds, if that.

22. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    Yeah, it looked really cool. Plus I also liked his style.

23. Roca

Roca Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2015
    The intense little snarl of absolute loathing on Obi-Wan's face just before the ray shields open up and he engages Maul in TPM (after seeing Qui-Gon struck down). You can see the hatred and grief rolling off of him - such a disturbing change from his usual serene or even pleasant visage.
    And also? The way Qui-Gon very slightly, ever-so-gently reaches up to touch Obi-Wan's face as he lays dying in his arms, and then curls up his hand over Obi-Wan's. It kills me every time.
    [​IMG]

24. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004

Good catch! That scene with Anakin and Padme disagreeing over the security issues is a great one. Anakin looks like he uses great effort to restrain himself when she keeps disagreeing/over-ruling him, only just restraining his temper.

Cryogenic, minnishe and MarcJordan like this.
  25. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    I like the look Padme gives Anakin just after that as if to say "my home, my rules" [face_dancing]

Cryogenic likes this.