main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015

This is one of my favorite scenes in the entire saga. The culmination of Palpatine's master plan. Is it just me or can you actually hear flashes of the "demonic" voice he has after killing Mace? The Chancellor's Office set was really cool, IMO. There was a certain creepiness to it, with the statues, battle relief, and the large black urns (one of which, according to the EU, held the ashes of Darth Plagueis). Of course, John Williams' ethereal haunting score helps a lot. Palpatine's facial expressions reveal a lot about him. He thrives on anger and hatred, just look at his face when he says "It gives you focus, makes you stronger." This scene, along with the opera house house conversation, is just awesome. Pure gold. ROTS really was genius. If the other two prequels were just as good or relatively close, it would have been an amazing series of movies. I think this scene showcases some of the best acting Hayden did in the two movies he was in as well.

Tonyg, AniLukeRey, Jo Lucas and 5 others like this.
  2. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    The two lightsabers against a lightsaber duel. Only lasted six seconds. Oh, well.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    Every second slayed my entire existence tho :p

4. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    I find Anakin's attire in II the best in design and everything.

KSkywalker, cwustudent and mes520 like this.
  5. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    One I like is how Mas Amedda, who we've seen for three films now, gets out of dodge pretty quick once Yoda comes to confront Sidious. It's like he thinks "I have absolutely no desire to be here, and it would be very bad for me to stay." lol

6. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Padme "a simple handmaiden" cleaning R2. This really astounded me. In reality she's the Queen and the situation and the Galaxy's fate is intertwined with her in ways unimaginable but what is MOST interesting is....

[​IMG]

Her Son Luke cleaning the very same droid! But at the early stages seems to be just a simple farm boy. But the Galaxy's fate also intertwined with him, in ways likewise unimaginable.

[​IMG]

GL genius much? ^:)^

MJ

7. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    A mother and daughter's shared irritation about committees.
    I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee!
    I am not a committee!

8. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    There are some truly breathtaking visual and musical moments in the PT, especially in ROTS. The balcony after Anakin dreams about Padme, what beauty! The shot of the opera house from outside and inside. The ruminations scene. Pure art on a level matched, but not surpassed by any other directors. Lucas really is art house at his core.

9. darksideDINO

darksideDINO Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    The scene where Anakin shoots off into the distance on his speeder with Williams iconic score...[​IMG]
    Moments after this image...

10. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    There was something about the mauling that Padme got from the Nexus. She definitely been through one heck of a scare and probably scarred for life physically for sure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But wait....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No wonder....I knew there was something about it!

GL, you did it again! ^:)^

MJ

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    MarcJordan likes this.
  12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    nexu.

MarcJordan likes this.
  13. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Thanks and thank GL too, it's only fair. :p

Time for another awesome moment....atleast for me it is. Anakin hanging on to dear life....his mechanical hand working perfectly:D
    [​IMG]

He may have not realized it then but he put Luke into this predicament!!! :eek: And for all the trouble, eventually Luke himself gets a mechanical hand.

[​IMG]

GL, you mastermind you. :cool:

MJ

14. Camarasaur8

Camarasaur8 Jedi Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Anyone noticed how everyone's face is half in-shadow in ROTS?

Shaak Ti likes this.
  15. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    During the AOTC ground assault in Geonosis the "little" camera shake and zoom into the windshield of the Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery (SPHA) walkers.

[​IMG]

Come to think of it, in the ground assault at Hoth, there was camera shake and zoom of the Imperial walkers which was amazing. Loved it!

[​IMG]

Notice the windshields.

Prequel precursors are magnificent!

GL you're too smarty!

MJ

16. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    TPM:
    -The Gungans fighting the Battle Droids in the background while Jar Jar's antics were in the foreground. This was a very neat visual effect at the time since that kind of animation was new and there was so much happening on screen.
    -The Republic Guards having the same style of helmets as the Imperial Royal Guards.

AOTC:
    -The camera panning up instead of down at the beginning.
    -A young clone kicking down building blocks in the background while Obi-Wan was getting his tour on Kamino.

Revenge of the Sith:
    -The nods to E.T. when Yoda was leaving Kashyyyk.
    -The maternity droid's "ooh bah, ooh bah."

When I first read there would be a lightsaber duel in the rain, I anticipated the sounds of that. It's there, (and used later when Anakin decapitated Dooku) but not as prominent as I expected.

Bloncket likes this.
  17. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Probably the opera scene in ROTS. Anytime someone complains about Hayden or Natalie or Prequel acting, I throw this at them. Ian's best work in the Saga, by far.

18. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Mar 18, 2014
  19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I love the dirty look Yoda gives Palpatine in AotC.

20. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    This scene was so good and in an awkward moment but enticingly substantial and funny way. After Anakin complained bitterly about Obi Wan to Padme after "being felt held back and all Obi Wan's fault " he couldn't save his mother.

Here are our favorite droids (machines) R2 and C3PO wherein the latter gestures and says " .......from an Obi Wan Kenobi. Master Ani, does that name mean anything to you?" and just after the Shmi's burial.

[​IMG]

The middle Episode where Anakin infact has reached a "grey"(not fully) area in his experiences being a Jedi, C3PO is also grey. Anakin interestingly, later, no amazingly calls Obi Wan "like my father" !. Now why is this important? I think this has to be just sheer brilliant GL storytelling I mean it has to be...why? Let me tell you....

In ROTJ, Vader (Anakin) and Luke meet before the former hands him over to the Emperor, Luke mentions Anakin's name "....it is the name of your TRUE self, you've only forgotten", Vader (now fully immersed as "more machine than man " (Obi Wan's own words!) gestures with bitterness and irritation, "that name has no meaning to me now" !!!!
    [​IMG]

Wait...and later after all this follows that Vader dying Luke tells him that he has to save his father!

Vader when Anakin , as a son, couldn't save his Mother , but when he came back to being Anakin is "saved" by his Son.

GL's trope style astounds.

MJ

21. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Mar 18, 2014
    Keep em coming MJ!

MarcJordan likes this.
  22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    There's tons. Just...TONS for me...But I will keep my willpower and only pick ONE:

Anakin waking up from his dream, distressing at the bedside, and then walking onto the veranda, looking out at the beautiful cityscape.

It is one of the most "not-Star Wars feeling" scenes in the saga, which IMO is awesome; Not with a master, living "at home" sleeping with his wife like any normal person, and having a bad dream...And then we see/hear Anakin's mechanical arm, and Coruscant at night, and we're reminded: This is Star Wars. And after all Anakin's been thru, this is a bit of a turning point, setting off a series of events that gradually unravels the state of the republic and the fate of the galaxy.

If I had to narrow it down from a whole scene to just one thing in there? I guess: Anakin's mechanical arm. It represents (and foreshadows) so much.

Collipso, Tonyg, wobbits and 7 others like this.
  23. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    It was the time of a civilized age. Unfortunately the Jedi are caught up in a galaxy that is breaking down despite being under their watch. Yet this is the paradox, and is captured in an unprecedented cinematic style and experience, by a non-human and aged character of the time......

Master Yoda! I think below (and I'll get to it in a moment) likely to be my fav. little moment of AOTC and it's immensely satisfying for me to see GL make it all worthwhile for yours truly, and in spectacular fashion, encapsulating it in sophistication. Yoda fights Dooku breaking all conventions of aged characters. Yoda upon holding his own, at the last tells Dooku: "Fought well you have, my old Padawan" . He has taken the moment to commend his old apprentice!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just see how Yoda speaks. It is a marvel in CGI and ILM should be commended.

It mixes this sophisticated yet failed relationships between the Jedi themselves and this is shown in helplessness of all the efforts of Yoda to be the spiritual leader of the Jedi but it has deteriorated unable to keep things in order. He could not stop Dooku falling through the cracks. But has this moment to express his disappointment. And how.

GL is a cinematic Master.

MJ

24. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

For me, the most iconic scene in A New Hope is when Luke looks up into the skin a the twin suns. Although a lot of people criticise it (not least for it being CGI'd), I always liked the very end scene of the PT. For me it was probably the one time during the whole of the PT that I really felt like I was watching a SW movie and really evoked what had come before

25. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    It perfectly connects the PT to the OT. Sometimes, when watching the PT, it is hard to imagine that this is the same universe, but that final ending shot of ROTS flawlessly shows us that it is. It makes sense that the Republic era of the prequels is going to be very different from the Imperial era of the OT. I have a feeling the ST era is going to be just as different to the OT as the PT was, especially Episodes 8 and 9. Think of 7 as a "linking film" from the OT kind of like 3 was a "linking film" to the OT.