main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I prefer the movie version but the McQuarrie version is cool too, and I really like that the way they animate Vader in "Rebels" has a bit of the McQuarrie version added to it.

AshiusX and Admiral Volshe like this.
  2. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    interesting...haven't seen how Vader looks in Rebels yet (only saw the first few eps)

3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I looked it up, it's pretty cool. :D
    I think that style would have been awesome in the films.

Has anyone noticed there's a difference in Lord Vader's eyeholes in his mask? Is there a pattern to that? After all this looking at his helmet, I was bound to notice something :p

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

He looks pretty much the same except the cheeks are angled upwards instead of downward like ROTS. It gives him an angrier look.

5. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    ah, yeah, I just googled it too. interesting.

speaking of various versions of Vader's mask, I bet Admiral Volshe likes cubman's current avatar above:D

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  6. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed I do. It seems the Sith have a favorite team. And a wise choice it is. [face_mischief] :p

Pensivia likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Man, how cool was it to hear James Earl Jones voice Vader for a fairly extended period of time in Rebels. Man's still got it! "I want you to burn it." Holy kolker!

8. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Dang it, I need to see that!:p

9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Hello folks! Vader is, indeed, a fantastic character.

My favorite scene has to be when he's cutting down the separatists in Ep 3. I also like the lines he delivers in the books. As I recall, Nute objects that they were expecting a reward. He calmly asks, "Aren't I reward enough?" and ZIP ZAP. Pure ruthless!

I definitely like the final movie version of the helmet. As a matter of fact, I've seen some helmet pics where he seems to be scowling. I think the most frightening thing about the movie version is how passive he looks. You don't see any expression, no hatred or malice in that passive mask as he's reaching to your throat.

By the way, if you folks haven't seen the YouTube video of the pink Vader meeting Darth Vader on the Death Star, you should look it up. Very funny!

10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Welcome DarthIshyZ! :)

Cubman987

Jedi Knight Fett

Pensivia

PadawanEmily

Saga Explorer

Darth_Furio

JEDI-RISING

James T Kirk

SatineNaberrie

Cushing's Admirer

Skywalkin'

Darth Argel

Queen Apailana

Force Smuggler

Admiral Volshe

DarthIshyZ

11. Darth Argel

Darth Argel Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2015
    I definitely like the movie version

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Don't read this if you don't want to know minor spoilers for one of the upcoming movies...

..but it looks like Vader will be in Rogue One!!! Very excited about this, wasn't sure I'd ever see Darth Vader on the big screen again!!

13. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Was watching my TiVo version of Clone Wars (a second or third time, of course) and thought back to this thread. There's the "angry" Vader mask I don't like. Oh, well. Some folks like it. I like the passive one. More disturbing. Kind of like the German in Saving Private Ryan that kills that guy by slooooowwwwllllyyyy pushing the knife in while saying "Shh. Shh. Shh." Disturbing.

Darth Argel likes this.
  14. DarthNexys

DarthNexys Jedi Knight

Jul 3, 2015
    Greetings, and hail to Lord Darth Vader. My favorite Vader line from the movies is definitely, "All too easy."
    I also really like a couple from The Force Unleashed II; "I will destroy you a thousand times" (game), and "There is no justice, only power" (novel). "I will destroy you a thousand times" is something I say almost every day.
    [​IMG]
    I'm intrigued by the fact that they felt the need to alter Vader's mask for Star Wars Rebels. It seemed perfect from inception... like a shark...

They added a red tint to his eyes (which, yes, was there in A New Hope), and they contorted the face into this angry glower. The reddish eyes I could take or leave, but I don't really like the glower at all. I agree with those who have said that his visible indifference is more frightening than any snarl: he's blank, featureless, a mystery. You don't know if he's about to reward you or murder you.

They also added this weird little gap between the helmet and mask, most evident when he's in profile. There's nothing wrong with that, but I wanted to point it out. It's different.

I would think it all interesting, a suggestion that maybe Vader's appearance was fine-tuned throughout the decades of the Empire, and he went through slightly different "faces" over the years, if not for the fact that his Revenge of the Sith appearance is identical to the original trilogy's.

Design tweaks aside, his Rebels rampage was magnificent. Using Minister Tua as a sacrificial pawn, tossing would-be Jedi Ezra and Kanan around like the nonentities they are, lifting that flaming walker, taking out the Rebel fleet single-handedly, and of course, "The apprentice lives." Glorious, all of it. I'm very much looking forward to the inevitable confrontation between Ahsoka and Vader.

"There is no escape."

15. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Welcome DarthNexys! :)

Cubman987

Jedi Knight Fett

Pensivia

PadawanEmily

Saga Explorer

Darth_Furio

JEDI-RISING

James T Kirk

SatineNaberrie

Cushing's Admirer

Skywalkin'

Darth Argel

Queen Apailana

Force Smuggler

Admiral Volshe

DarthIshyZ

DarthNexys

cubman987 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  16. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Found this GIF, it's so simplistic but I love it.
    [​IMG]

17. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Hello all!

Saw the words "Darth Vader Fanclub" and had to let myself in. :D

As for favorite Vader line/scene:

Favorite line has always been "I find your lack of faith disturbing." favorite scene would have to be the "I am your father" reveal but since a lot of people will probably have that as their favorite, another one I love is when he chucks the Emperor away. :cool::cool:

18. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Hello and welcome TrustyTrooper!:)

Cubman987

Jedi Knight Fett

Pensivia

PadawanEmily

Saga Explorer

Darth_Furio

JEDI-RISING

James T Kirk

SatineNaberrie

Cushing's Admirer

Skywalkin'

Darth Argel

Queen Apailana

Force Smuggler

Admiral Volshe

DarthIshyZ

DarthNexys

TrustyTrooper

TrustyTrooper likes this.
  19. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Far and away the best character in Star Wars! (Well, I love Luke too....heck, they're both the best!) Favorite moment? Has to be the one when he's looking at Luke being tortured by the Emperor. Just the way he tilts his head and the way the camera captures it just shows sooooooo much emotion from a MASK! It blows me away! Favorite line is tough, he's got so many great ones. But I'll choose, "Just for once, let me look on you with my own eyes." :_|

20. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Two of my three Force Friday purchases (yeah, I had a very limited budget:p):

[​IMG]

and:

[​IMG]

La Calavera and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  21. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Welcome Jedi with a TARDIS! :)

Cubman987

Jedi Knight Fett

Pensivia

PadawanEmily

Saga Explorer

Darth_Furio

JEDI-RISING

James T Kirk

SatineNaberrie

Cushing's Admirer

Skywalkin'

Darth Argel

Queen Apailana

Force Smuggler

Admiral Volshe

DarthIshyZ

DarthNexys

TrustyTrooper
    Jedi with a TARDIS

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Count me in! So excited about all the new stuff featuring Vader and I thought there was no place to talk about it.

^:)^ Kieron Gillen & Paul Kemp, you're my heroes.

La Calavera and cubman987 like this.
  23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Bazinga'd is in the house.

cubman987 likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Favourite line? Favourite moment? That's so hard, there's so many great moments to chose from.

I'm gonna go with the classic father reveal and "Don't make me destroy you!". So menacing!

cubman987 likes this.
  25. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    Dudes! the malls in my city are impossible!
    no mercy to my wallet at all, they're displaying tons and tons of Star Wars Yet,last monday i went to
    cinema with my GF, sundelly when i saw i had already bought a lightsaber and a figure.