main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Announced today Disney will go ahead with Indy 5 with Ford again playing Indiana with Spielberg Directing.

Release is scheduled for 2019.

More to follow....

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    whoops , well only one of us can survive , who will it be ??

3. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    TechnoBuffalo

MOVIES / TV SHOWS
    New Indiana Jones announced by Disney! Starring Ford, Directed by Spielberg

BY JOEY DAVIDSON | MARCH 15, 2016

Indiana Jones
    Breaking news today as Disney has announced another Indiana Jones flick. The details are still coming in, but this one will star Harrison Ford and will be Directed by Steven Spielberg.

The film will hit theaters on July 19, 2019. We’re a few years away from this one.

The news comes from The Hollywood Reporter, and they grabbed a quote from Disney Chairman Alan Horn. Here’s what Horn said about one of cinema’s favorite heroes.

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019…It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

The last Indiana Jones (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) stands as the least liked in the series, though it released back in 2008. Perhaps Hollywood has a firmer grip on revitalizing the classics now. I personally didn’t mind that flick, though some folks absolutely hated it.

4. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    1. Please be better than The Crystal Skull
    2. Harrison's TFA deal included this :)

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I love Kingdom. HATE Temple of Doom.

Oh well, HYPED!!!

Gamiel and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    LKD;LFKASKDLFJ;ALKSJF;DLKADF

WHAT???

YES!!!!!!

please be good

7. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Still no word yet on Lucas' involvement. Hopefully he's in. Otherwise, I'm generally excited. It is after all my favorite film series. Crystal Skull of course has its detractors, an entire pop-cultural subset, in fact. But I for one adore that movie, along with the rest of the series; though Last Crusade still remains a slight personal fav'.

So, yeah. There it is. Indy 5. Happening. Long ways away, however. We'll see what changes from now till then.

8. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    As I said in the sidebar of m post in the sw thread meant to ponder what it means for episode ix' s date

FINALLY THE RIDICULOUS REBOOT RUMORS ARE OVER

9. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    No kidding. Recast Indiana Jones, my ass! *Ingram punches random butterfly*

Saga Explorer and DavidSword79 like this.
  10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Honestly, I'm not really sure what to think. I want to say I'm excited, but I think I'm more worried than anything else.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Jadefire1 like this.
  11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    If he's half as good here as he was in TFA (which he should be since he's always been more personally fond of the Indy character than of Han Solo), then this should be fun at least. Oh and with reports of him turning up in the upcoming Blade Runner sequel, he seems to be on a "revisit my iconic roles" kick recently.

12. Ingram_I

Sep 7, 2012
    One thing's for certain: the man's gonna get paid.

I mean, seriously, big picture here... Ford's entire box office career even before The Force Awakens was already a legacy in and of itself. Add to said SW entry of late with its, what it is now, $930 million domestic and $2 billion-plus worldwide? And you know Indy 5 will rake it in as well. By the time he's 80 they'll be printing money with his face on it.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I would actually love to have Ford's face on some form of printed American currency.

DavidSword79 likes this.
  14. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Also the man survived a prop malfunction-induced broken leg AND a plane crash, in the same year. He's hardcore, and he's married to Cat Grant from Supergirl to boot. ;)

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think that's the point that concerns me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to see Han Solo again (and maybe I'm a bit biased seeing as Han is my all-time favorite), but we also have Blade Runner and now Indy on top of that. It's almost getting to be too much. Personally, I would love to see Harrison in more original roles than simply taking a trip down memory lane. At least he has that new thriller that is set to start filming late Spring to break it up.

With that said, however, I'm going to try to remain optimistic about Indy. I just hope they don't go for some of the same pitfalls that plagued KotCS.

16. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    INDY FIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

I'm sick and wake up to Indy 5 confirmed. Holy ****

Well that got me past my tiredness quickly

17. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Hopefully they'll bring back Marion again as well. Oh and none of this "oh they broke up again offscreen" nonsense again.

18. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    Though I cannot help but find myself praying that it won't be Redux of the Lost Ark, though I'm pretty confident they won't do that and am not completely sure how you'd do that anyway but y'all know why I bring it up ;), I'm definitely game for more Indy!

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

20. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Raiders of the Last Kingdom of Doom

DavidSword79 and Darthman92 like this.
  21. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    so what would be the appropriate pulpy archaeological environment of the 1960s ?

22. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Hell yeah!

23. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    ouch !

24. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
  25. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    While I'm certainly up for another Indiana Jones adventure, I'm not sure how they'll pull this off with Harrison being so over the hill these days.