main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The Golden Yodas – The 2016 Fan Fiction Awards Ceremony | See you in 2017!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Congrats to everybody who was nominated and to those who won. =D= I am thrilled to be tied for Best Original Relationship in Saga. Who would have thought a droid and a zabrak/human hybrid could pull that off. :D Probably right about now Den is teasing I-Five and asking him, "By relationship...do they mean a consummated relationship? Hey, I'm just curious."[face_thinking]

divapilot, Chyntuck, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    As two tall figures whose clothing and behaviour look outdated even to him pass by, a seemingly primitive being from the very edge of the Wild Space glances at them with a pair of piercing green eyes. He nibbles on a blade of grass, wondering if he should wave to "Mastalook", whom he saw with a funny red-furred creature, seemingly angrier than his mate, who is...where is she, anyway? Weren't they supposed to come here together? That is what the rider of the space canoe - who does not know anybody named Peedee - said, after all!

Just then, a somewhat smaller three-fingered hand with freshly painted nails reaches out from behind him and takes away the grass blade.

"Get that out of of your mouth, honeydrop!"

"But the man over there..." Teebo points to another couple. "He just had more than you did the night you wanted to...the night you wanted to...never mind. K'vark, I don't think he can walk. He's going to fall down! That's far worse than a blade of grass."

"The night when I wanted to what?" Latara blows at her freshly done nails once again. "Oh, chak. I would definitely not have any of that funny berry juice again. You wake up with a headache and it's not worth it. Not at all. So, do you like what I have done with your nerooloo powder?"

Latara waves her hands in front of Teebo's face. He did wonder what happened with his nerooloo powder. She did mention orange nails looking good with the hair of the "aunaunser" - whatever that may mean. If nothing else, she did not take the shadowroot, her hands would be invisible by now!

"It's nice, I guess? I like the sound of orange, goes well with violet." Teebo gives her a buck-toothed smile. "But these beings here...you see...they all have the nature powers. Actually, the one with more facial fur than my Master, he doesn't." Teebo points to the older Human man dressed in outdated clothes and wonders how would his necklace looks on somebody with so.much.facial.fur."

Latara glances at the bearded man. Chak, he's got a lot of facial fur. And he is not giving that simple woman next to him a break. This is where she realises that all three present women with brown hair and ponytails look more or less the same to her.

"There is no accounting for taste." She crosses her arms. "He is wearing a blue hood with white squares. What would look so much better on him would be a white hood with blue squares!"

They two Ewoks try to mingle with the crowd, though they're not quite sure what "mingle" means. But a "giurnaleest" with a long tongue and eyes on stalks, who showed them how to accept the award properly told them that they need to mingle. He was there on day "una" with some other "giurnaleests". Teebo does not understand why the universe needs such a thing as a "giurnaleest". Latara herself ate a piece of "fleemsee", but she would never admit that, especially now that the red-furred individual approached her and asked her to do make her braid as pretty as her own.

There is a woman in plain grey garbs holding a baby. The Ewoks approach her. The baby seems to like furred individuals! But what's it with somber women in grey garbs?

"So, what hoods do you like tonight, honeydrop?" Latara asks Teebo another question he cannot quite answer. He's not a hoodmaker, after all!

"Hers!" He points his three fingers to the humble-looking woman wearing what appear to be white pieces of cloth and some strange foot-fur. "Nice head fur, too! Nice spear she has. Wondering if she can use one of those Mastalook can...you know, the star-spear! Green...blue..."

"Her friend is in the place of sickness, she said. BECAUSE he used a star-spear against somebody called 'K'vark Wren'..." Latara stiffens her little nose and pouts. "I guess that is why she could not wear anything better. I could have made a hood for her, you know?"

"She looks a bit like Mastalook." Teebo continues, his elbows on the railing. "It's in her eyes. She also looks like the one who's not wearing the grey garbs. I wonder if...maybe..."

Latara clearly has no time for this. A droo-heed comes to them and drags them onto whatever the main square with the firepit of this place is.

“I know it. We get at least a honourable mention every year.” He suddenly has an idea. “After we’re done here, we can stop by Goochy & Offspring and get some of the lesser-known accessories in the Leather Fashion collection. Maybe a super-sized bottle of the spreadable chocolate and –”

“Shhh!” Mara says, blushing, then opens the envelope.

“And the winner is: Katts Rzewanczkowski/female Revan and Stanislauff Rzewanczkowski in Just Ask Dad; or, Talking Things Through on Taris by Findswoman!"

Latara is surprised. That facial fur won an award.

"K'vark, what is a 'feendswoman'? It's weeeeeeird!" Teebo asserts.

“And the winner is: It's a tie! Teebo and Latara in Snowed In by Ewok Poet and Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Can't Look Away by Kahara!"

"Ewok Poet? So, you wrote a scroll about us?" Latara grabs Teebo's hand.

"I don't remember doing it." Teebo shrugs. "But we're to take this 'repulsormeek' and say what we were told to say." He tries to grab the repulsormic, but it runs away from him.

The blonde Human baby hand reaches from behind the courtain and grabs it. He takes it back and brings it to Latara.

He manages another buck-toothed smile while the audience is waiting, but beings in the front row seem to be genuinely repulsed. All of them, apart from the only other Ewok present, a wokling with sticky, matte fur. He thinks he's going to meet this unfortunate creature in the future, but he's not quite sure. The futures can't come together like that just because he wants them to.

"So, how does it make sounds loud?" he asks Latara.

"It's easy. You just have to sit on it!"

"Sit on it? Oh, no!"

"Chak!" The female Ewok winks. "You just put your behind right here." She sits on the repulsormic and ends up floating in the air, as the little device is somehow capable of sustaining her weight.

The announcer droo-heed shrugs and brings another repulsormic. The coming laureates don't seem to mind that the Ewoks are still onstage.

And then, the impossible happens. This is what Teebo had been warning everybody else about. The audience seemed to have realised it, too. There are six Mastalooks onstage. SIX. Four have mates. And one of them is NOT with the red-furred being! He is...with...it cannot be. He, Teebo, warned them all about this.

[live holostream]

UNA, DOOEY, DEE, GOS!

WESA INTERRUPTEN DAS BROADKASTEN. THERE APPEAREN BESA A MOOIE MOOOIE STRANGE BATTLE DALEE AT DA AWARDS. FOOSA MEN WHO APPEAREN BESA SAME BOYOS CHASEN BY FOOSA WOMEN ALL WHOSA SPAKE 'LOOK YOUSA CHEATEN WERMO, YOUSA SUPPOSEN BESA MOOLE'. UNA DA LOOKES ESCAPEN IN DOWOPEE. MESA MUI MUI CONFUSEN. MUI FUNNY OUTLANDER HAIR. MY FOUNDEN NEW PALOS. DOOEY DEM ALSO LOOKS - DISA LOOK-BOYOS COMEN WITHOUT A GIRLFRIEND, DEY COMEN WITH AN APRANTIC NAMES RAY.

ALL-N-YOUSE NUTSEN HAIR. ALL-N-YOUSE. HEP, HEP, HEP!

[holostream cuts as a grey and black-furred creature crashes another repulsormic with a stone axe]

Raissa Baiard

Doran rolls his eyes. "Baiard, don't start this again. I told you, no one cares whether we're involved or not."

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Findswoman

“Sorry, darlin’. I just feel like I’m bein’ Force-choked in this thing. Like the time we had to leave Hologram Fun World and you didn’t want to go and you—

“Dad, not now.”

Oh, Stannnnnnnnnn! LOL!

“So ya didn’t choke her after all?” He sounds bemused.

“No, of course not! Violence leads to the Dark Side, remember? She’s one of my best friends now. Look, there she is!” She waves to a woman in one of the front rows with intricately braided brown hair, also in formal Jedi robes, who waves back.

He seems genuinely disappointed here. But such is life, mr. daddy-dad!

Great, great stuff, everyone! I didn't read a couple of these, but I plan to work on that. :)

3. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Congrats to the nominees and winners for the character and relationship categories. [face_party] This was an amazing year and there were a lot of tough choices there!

AngelQueen, for a truly chilling alternate version of Padme that resonates with her canon personality. =D=

Jedi_Lover, for continuing the hilarious and never dull adventures of Talon and all of the wildlife he lives with -- even the vornskrs. :p

x_SwordoftheJedi_x, for an interesting and nuanced alternate to what happened with Jacen/Caedus in the books. :redsaber:

taramidala, for a Rey-as-Skywalker and her reactions to meeting a long-lost relative that evokes the feel of the movies so well. @};-

Ewok_Slayer, for the great Zabrak/droid love story of the century. :p (I still remember when you weren't sure about that plotline and it's both cool and pretty amusing to see it win here.)

ZaraValinor, for a relatable and interesting version of Rey and Luke as Jedi beginning the process of rebuilding. =D=

Congrats again as well to the rest who have already won one thing or another. Party like it's your hatching day [face_party] -- sorry, birthday. (muttering) Silly Earthling translation device...

And, of course, thank you so much to everyone who voted for Luke and Mara in Can't Look Away, and for Lydia and Elena in Notes for When You Are Older. I am just amazed and honored that those relationships won awards this year. Never could have imagined that this would happen when I started writing again a couple years ago.
    [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

This is why you should write even more. Please. :)

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Oh Luke... :oops:[face_laugh]

Congratulations Findswoman, Ewok Poet, Kahara, Ewok_Slayer, Raissa Baiard, JadeLotus, taramidala and ZaraValinor!
    =D=[face_coffee] (I figured a beverage instead of a flower today, it's a beverage of your choice! :) )

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, you know this is a top-notch community when the off-the-cuff awards acceptance skits are of the same high quality as the stories being awarded! Well done, all around. =D=

Ewok Poet, love your two fish-out-of-water Ewoks making sense of the very modern, non-silvan setting of the awards, from the "aunaunser droo-heed" to sitting on the repulsormic, to some interesting observations about Rey's resemblances (definitely one of the wackier character origin theories out there...!) to checking out the "hoods" being worn (fun way to play with that "dresses at the Oscars" thing). And then a cameo by none other than the inimitable Gungan giurnaleest Pollo Dorks! [face_laugh] Oh, how mooie confusing things are with all those Mastalook boyos running around, all with different companions! :eek: But so much fun at the same time! What is a "feeeendswoman," indeed—and yes, it's weeeeird, all right! :D

I never noticed that before, but wow, you're right! Hmm, more character origin/ancestry theories, anyone? [face_thinking]

Kahara, thanks once again for your wonderful testimonials to each of the winning writers. You're the salt of the earth, with a heart of gold, and your encouraging words are as much a model for this community as your writing is! @};-

Congratulations and well done to all the winners and nominees—what a wonderful bunch! =D=

7. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    K'Tai looks over at Obi-Wan who is fidgeting in his seat. He is dressed in formal Jedi robes and would look quite handsome if he weren't squirming. She can't decide if his case of the heebee-jeebies is because he's physically or socially uncomfortable. She puts her hand on his in an attempt to calm him. Instead he startles.

"What has gotten into you?"

Obi-Wan looks around the room for an escape. "Jedi don't seek glory. This," he gestures with his hand in a wide arc, "is most definitely seeking glory. Besides, Jedi don't do relationships."

K'Tai raised her eyebrow and smirked. "Right. All that attachment. Which is why you don't have any friends..."

"That's different."

K'Tai shakes her head and pats his arm. "Sure it is." She goes to move her hand from his arm, but he reached over and stops her.

"I didn't say that I disliked your hand on my arm, just that Jedi don't do relationships."

"You are going to get extra meditation if you aren't careful."

"I'll take my chances." Obi-Wan gives her hand a squeeze and turns back to the ceremony.
    -----------
    Congratulations to all of the winners!

8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    THE 2016 FAN FICTION AWARDS CEREMONY IS BROUGHT TO YOU TODAY BY REN’S DEN

ANNOUNCER: Thinking of relaxing in the cold and calculating realm with the Knights of Ren? Well, now you can. The Ren’s Den is your one-stop destination for terror, for drama, for soul-searching power trips. You name it, they’ll dish it out. Literally. The Ren’s Den specializes in wannabe Dark Side users; or those that would at least like to try their hand at the powers of the Dark Side. Your room is pitch black for your safety with a red lava lamp for its exquisite decorative soothing qualities. NOT!

So, come one, come all, to the Ren’s Den and experience the Dark Side like no other place in the galaxy. Book now and you’ll get one life and a possible afterlife with the non-refundable deposit of only 1999999999 credits!

[​IMG]

A golden droid enters the stage. A few in the audience shift uncomfortably as they recognize it as an HK-model assassin droid, and a couple bolt to the exit in fear.

“Introduction: I am HK-47. The meatbags that are to announce the winners in the Best Reviewer category are delayed, so I will entertain you until they arrive. Shall I start by maiming a few of those in the front row?”

Revan runs in from backstage. “HK, Ebon Hawk, now. You’re scaring the children.” HK-47 runs off without a word. “Sorry about that! For those of you who don't know, I am Revan, former Dark Lord of the Sith and Jedi Knight.” Revan looks around in confusion. “Wait. I’m not supposed to be alone up here. Where’s that kid?”

As if on cue, an astromech droid tweedles as it rolls onto the stage, followed by Anakin Solo. “Sorry I’m late! I figured it would be a better idea to program the nominees and winners into Fiver’s holoemitter, but he blew his motivator at the last moment! I had to replace it.”

Revan shakes his head. “Better late than never, I suppose. You people from the future have an elastic understanding of time. In my day, we always made sure we arrived before our appointments.” He winks at the audience. “See what I did there?”

Anakin rolls his eyes. “In my era, we’re beyond lousy puns. Fiver, are you ready?”

Fiver chirps cheerfully and activates his holoemitter. Revan and Anakin take turns reading out the results.

“The nominees for Best Reviewer in Before are:
    Ewok Poet: She leaves comments that are substantial, thoughtful and fun, and is very dedicated to this less-traveled era.​
    Findswoman: She is very consistent in giving in-depth, kind and encouraging reviews full of fascinating insights.​
    jcgoble3: He is always very thoughtful and honest in his reviews.​
    metophlus: He's an incredible proofreader who spots tiny details and shows readers what they're about to read.​
    Raissa Baiard: Kudos to this supportive and insightful reviewer for venturing into this generally lesser-known era.​
    Sith-I-5: He has a knack for seeking out and reviewing lesser-known stories, thus encouraging authors to come back and continue.​

And the winner is: Ewok Poet!

“The nominees for Best Reviewer in Saga are:
    Ewok Poet: She always gives thoughtful, detailed reviews, among the most in-depth on the boards. She draws fascinating connections to literature, other art forms, popular culture etc, and she very often guesses right about important story points.​
    Findswoman: She's always up-to-date with the stories she reads and provides respectful, thoughtful and diligent reviews. She's setting an example on how to be a great reviewer and she's as much of a loyal reader as can be!​
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart): She's upbeat, kind, and perceptive, often the first to respond, and helps make the environment here positive and engaging for writers of nearly every genre with her brief, encouraging and enthusiastic comments.​

And the winner is: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!

“The nominees for Best Reviewer in Beyond are:
    divapilot: A dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic reviewer. She is so thorough and kind, and always raises your confidence.​
    Gemma: Comments on a range of stories, and takes an interest in the characters and their relationships. She is quite active and cheers people on and on. When you see her avatar, you know you'll be seeing it again in the thread.​
    Irish_Jedi_Jade: Gives thoughtful and in-depth reviews. She is enthusiastic in discovering new L/M stories, and shows immense kindness in supporting their authors.​
    JadeLotus: Comments on a wide selection of stories, and always finds the details in a story that you hope a reader will see. She is enthusiatic, thoughtful and encouraging. Always interested to see what she has to say.​

And the winner is: It's a tie! divapilot and JadeLotus!

“The nominees for Best Reviewer in Sequel Trilogy are:
    divapilot: A thoughtful, observant, and insightful reviewer who reads beyond the surface of a story and draws fascinating conclusions. She is consistent and encouraging.​
    Ewok Poet: Her reviews are detailed and interesting and look way beneath the surface of whatever she's reviewing. She tends to come up with some really fascinating speculation as well as references to relevant things from other stories, films, music, historical events and personal experiences. That makes her comments a lot of fun!​
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart): Her unbound enthusiasm makes her a real cheerleader for authors. She reads a wide range and has reviewed most of the stories in this era. She has a talent for homing in on character interactions and the positive aspects of a story.​

And the winner is: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!

“We have one more category to announce,” Revan says after the applause dies down. “The Random Award. They didn’t have that before.”

“Or later,” Anakin says wryly. “Fiver, show us the nominees.”

“The nominees for the Random Award are:
    Frozen by divapilot – nominated for Best Diary Entry From Inside Carbonite by Sith-I-5​
    Frozen by divapilot – nominated for Best Stasis by Ewok Poet​
    Breakfast on Yavin IV by Jedi_Lover – nominated for Best Sleepwear by Annia Piet (for Luke Skywalker's X-wing pyjama trousers)​
    This entry of The Galactic Correspondent by Kahara – nominated for Punniest Character Name/Best Reference to a Central American Amphibian by Raissa Baiard (for Axel Ottle)​
    Was NOT Part of the Plan by Lady_Misty – nominated for Wackiest Character Origin Theory by Findswoman​

And the winner is: This entry of The Galactic Correspondent by Kahara – nominated for Punniest Character Name/Best Reference to a Central American Amphibian by Raissa Baiard!

Anakin and Revan bow to the audience and are about to leave the stage when Fiver erupts in a series of chirrups. “Oh my,” Anakin says. “We forgot to announce the Nomination & Voting Champions. You know, the people who win a week of colours and a title for sending the most nominations and votes.”

“Ah, yes,” Revan says. “They already had something like this before – I mean, last year,” he adds under Anakin’s angry glare.

Fiver activates his holoemitter again.

“The Nomination Champions are Ewok Poet and Kahara! They sent two nominations per category in every single category of every single era.”

“The Voting Champions are Anakin Solo Revanchist and Ewok Poet! Their names were drawn at random from the list of seven users who voted in every single category of every single era, plus the Random Award.”

Anakin and Revan bow once more (Fiver flashes his photoreceptors) and leave the stage. The audience begins to stand up when the holoscreen lights up again.

THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY STARKILLER TUXEDOS.

ANNOUNCER: Want to impress that special someone? Well, now you can dress up in style in the new Hux Tux. That’s right, you’ll be the envy of everyone in a galaxy far, far away. The Hux Tux comes in four different colors: Imperial Gray, Imperial Red, Moff Black, and now stylish Grand Admiral White.

The price for the Hux Tux is the incredibly low price of 199999999999999 credits and if you order now, you can buy the second one for double the price! What an incredible deal. So, order your Hux Tux now.

[​IMG]

ANNOUNCER: Presenting the Volunteer & Mod Awards are the 2015 winners for Best Original Relationship in Saga, Grand Admiral Thrawn and Ayesha Eskari.

The curtain rises again to a military march, revealing Grand Admiral Thrawn who is wearing – what else? – a dazzling white Hux Tux. He is followed by an olive-skinned woman in a stained sculptor’s apron laden with tools of every possible sort. She sees him tugging at his starched collar and whispers, “You shouldn’t have agreed to wear that. I freaked out when they showed me that horrible Goochy leather stuff.”

“Our writer did not leave me much choice, Ayoo’sha,” Thrawn says sternly. “Do you think that I, warlord of the Empire, servant of the Emperor, would choose to participate of my own volition in a process that involves” – he snorts – “nominations and votes?”

Ayesha nudges him forward and nods towards the audience, where people are becoming impatient. Thrawn bows his head with apparent resignation – a calculated move to highlight the blue-black hue of his hair – and opens the first envelope he is carrying.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlebeings. As indicated on page 6, paragraph 3 of your programmes, Ayesha Eskari and I are here to present the Volunteer Awards –”

“Can you be a bit more cheerful?” Ayesha whispers. “You sound like a circular out of an Imperial bureau.”

Thrawn forces a smile and extracts the card from the envelope he is carrying. “The nominees for –” He stops dead in his tracks and arches an elegant eyebrow. “No nominees. Only winners. Interesting. Very Imperial, if I say so myself.”

He contemplates the card for a moment until Ayesha nudges him again. He un-arches his eyebrow and continues.

“Let us begin then. Anakin Solo Revanchist wins the I Read All The Rules And Remember Them Award.” The eyebrow rises appreciatively as he looks at ASR, who remained standing in the back of the theatre after helping the evening’s guests find their seats. “An important skill you have there, young man. I will offer you a position with my fleet.”

“You don’t have a fleet anymore,” Ayesha interrupts. “Keep going.”

“Then we have divapilot, who wins the Veteran Volunteer Award. She has been a member of these boards since 2005 and it never occurred to her not to volunteer.” He looks up at the space cat sitting between Bree and Blue. “Ah, yes. I remember meeting you last year. However, I am still unclear as to the existence of your characters.”

“They came after our time,” Ayesha whispers. “Carry on.”

Findswoman wins the Vote Counting Withdrawal Syndrome Award. According to this document” – he holds up the card – “she described ‘checking the sock to see if new votes came in’ as a ‘taking a break from tedious RL work’.” His red eyes glitter ominously as he stares at the Gand in flowing pink robes sitting in the middle of the hall. “Now listen, young lady. It is time you understood that elections and voting –”

Ayesha grabs the card from his hand before he can finish his sentence. “Congratulations, Findswoman! Next volunteer. Kahara wins the Unbeatable Nomination And Vote Counting Whiz Kid Award.” She glances at the galoomp that is wedged uncomfortably in the space between the seats and the wall of the theatre. “It seems that you worked your way through a total of 398 nominations and votes without making a single mistake. I am sure that your overseer, as well as nominators and voters, are all very grateful.”

She ignores Thrawn’s disapproving eyebrow and continues. “Raissa Baiard wins the Mother Of The Golden Yoda Award for designing the pretty banners, badges and winner certificates.” She smiles warmly at Raissa Baiard the author, who is sitting next to her namesake OC. “The Mother of the Golden Yoda! This is quite a reputation that you will have to live up to.”

“Is there a valid reason why it should not have been a Golden Palpatine?” Thrawn asks grumpily.

“Because no one wants to be the mother of Palpatine, Thrawn. Moving on... RX_Sith wins the No-Nonsense, Let’s Get This Done Award.”

Thrawn’s eyes light up. “Another skill for which I have great appreciation. When I reconstitute my fleet –”

“You’ll have to forgive him,” Ayesha interrupts. “He’s having problems adjusting to the new reality. Congratulations, RX_Sith!” She glances at the card again. “And, lastly, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha wins the Mystery Volunteer Award for changing her user name halfway through the awards process. She was formerly known as Nyota’s Heart.” She looks up at WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, who is chatting and laughing with her Galactic Correspondent co-authors. “Hey, I know you! You beta-read me! Well, at least with your new name, I won’t confuse you with someone else.”

Thrawn grumbles something about WarmNyota_SweetAyesha always fawning over his mortal enemies, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade. Ayesha pokes an elbow in his ribs to silence him and smiles at the audience. “Are we done yet?” he asks.

“Not quite, Thrawn,” she says brightly. “We still have another envelope, the Mod Awards!”

An exasperated Thrawn plucks the envelope out of her hand, tears it open and reads very fast.

Briannakin and mavjade win:
    the Saintly Patience in Answering The Overseer’s Questions Award,
    the Don’t Worry, We’ve Got This Covered Award,
    the We’ll Pin Your Thread And Change The Banner Before You Know It Award,
    the Most Supportive Mods In The Galaxy Far Far Away Award.​

“Congratulations!” He turns to Ayesha. “Can we go now?”

“Just a minute.” She waits until the applause for the mods dies down and addresses the audience again. “Thank you for your attention, ladies and gentlebeings! We are glad to inform you that all the volunteers and mods survived the awards process, and we hope that they will volunteer again next year – though we can’t fault the mods for not wanting to do it themselves! Tomorrow’s final categories, Best New Author and Best Author, will be announced by the 2015 winners for Best Canon Relationship in Saga, Leia Organa and Han Solo!”

She takes Thrawn’s hand as they bow to the audience and leads him backstage. “Do you remember the time when the Emperor dissolved the Senate, Ayoo’sha?” he asks. “Those were the days. If he ever resurrects, I will recommend that he dissolves the people and elects another.”

Ren’s Den and Starkiller Tuxedos commercials written by RX_Sith
    Tuxedo icon by Matthew R. Miller for the Noun Project (CC-BY-3.0 US)
    Lava image by Hawaii Volcano Observatory, United States Geological Survey (public domain)
    Anakin and Revan skit written by Anakin Solo Revanchist & Chyntuck
    Thrawn and Ayesha skit written by Chyntuck

jcgoble3, Briannakin , Kahara and 8 others like this.
  9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Thank you for the best reviewer win, and the kind words that described it! I will try to live up to them.

So cute with Ayesha and Thrawn! Space cat approves.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_blush] Wow. Thanks muchly! I adore having the chance to enthuse [face_laugh] - conversely being at the edge of my seat or melting into a squishy gooey puddle. :D
    The other reviewers are a thrill to read for their insights and perceptions. :)

~~

The Random Award - so unique and novel. :cool:

Then the final series [face_rofl] and pterydactyl squeal of joyful blisses! My OTP! LOL [face_love] [face_dancing]

Kahara, Falcon and Chyntuck like this.
  11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Congratulations to all of today's winners! =D=

Chyntuck wins the Grand Overseer Award! =D= You have to recognize yourself too! [:D]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh this is such a fact. So well-organized and concise and encouraging.

^:)^ [face_love]

Kahara, Falcon and Chyntuck like this.
  13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh wow - I often feel my reviews are paltry and inadequate compared to the other nominees and winners, so thank you!

And congrats to all the wonderful reviewers, Randomers, and volunteers! =D=

14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Again congrats to all nominees and winners.

Thank you to whomever nominated me, but there was nothing "qualitative" in the accompanying statement, so I was never progressing past that stage; still, it helps me feel part of this community.

I think that was the best of the introductions, so far.

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Congrats to all the winners =D=

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  16. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Congratulations to the winners, and it also seems like a good moment to say a huge thank you to all the reviewers out there that make it feel worth posting stories on here, and also to all the volunteers and mods for the clearly huge amount of effort, diligence and creativity to make these awards happen *standing ovation!*

17. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    There should also be the Golden Sidiouses for the worst of fanfics, with the same categories as the Golden Yodas...

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Another stellar day here at the awards -- congratulations to the folks on stage and off who make coming to this site a pleasure. And now some heartfelt thoughts:

Thrawn’s eyes light up. [face_skull][face_laugh] Award for Ultra Outstanding Visual goes to this sentence!!

A Best Use Of Font Award to each awards and announcement post made easy to read by emboldening and colors.

The Shy Award goes to All Lurkers Who Are Greatly Appreciated. It's a little hard to award this one, but here's a broad dispersal anyway: [:D]^:)^:-B=D=[face_dancing][face_batting][face_love][face_mischief]:*[face_tee_hee]8-}[face_praying]@};-[face_shhh]

19. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Lol! As one of life's natural lurkers who has to literally force myself to interact on-line, I really appreciate this one!

jcgoble3, Kahara, pronker and 2 others like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    pronker - as one who adores peppering my reviews with emoticons LOL I appreciated that. [face_laugh]

Kahara, Chyntuck and pronker like this.
  21. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hee! I lurked for one solid year '05-'06 before dipping a toe into message board waters![face_blush]

22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I had the POWAH for two months. No awards for me lest it goes to my head!
    It doesn’t have to be about fanfic. There are loads of stuff in profic that fit the bill perfectly :p

Congrats to our wonderful reviewers, who keep us going with their comments and encouragement, and to the hilarious randomers (I liked that! ;))

Many thanks to everyone who nominated and voted, and congrats for the colours to our champions :)

And once again, many thanks to the volunteers [face_love] (without whom I would have gone nuts) and the mods [:D] (who said they wouldn't be involved but my PM convo with them is 6 pages long and counting!)

jcgoble3, mavjade , Kahara and 3 others like this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A full round of congratulations to all winners and nominees and many thanks to the mods, overseer, hosts and other volunteers responsible for bringing us this fun and entertaining awards ceremony.

*cue the dozen emoticons that should go here but that my tab won't let me insert and that i can't remember how to write*

Kahara, Chyntuck, Annia Piet and 3 others like this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats to all the winners^:)^=D=[face_dancing]

Kahara, Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    After seeing those animations in the ads I think Mr Chyntuck should get an honorary graphics award.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.