main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Jedi Enclave ~~Welcome New Followers of the Light!~~

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ConservativeJedi321, Dec 19, 2016.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

The Jedi Enclave (Welcome New Followers of the Light)

[​IMG]
    Welcome to all New Users who seek to study in the ways of the Force!

The Jedi are the Guardians of peace and Justice in the Galaxy

This thread is dedicated to the discussion, promotion, and study of the light side of the Force. If this topic interests you, sign up and take your first steps into a larger world.

What we Are
    The Guardians of Light are a Jedi group, located in the Expanded Universe Community. We are dedicated to the light. We have an intricate history, and a devoted leadership. We focus on following the Jedi code, and living up to their ideals. We take our roles as Jedi seriously, but we can still have fun with it.

History of the GOL
    Our “In Universe” history begins prior to the events of the Legacy comics. Our founders objected to the practice of vongforming planets which they found to be counter to the will of the Force. They also sought to preserve the order against the dark side, to save the Jedi from extinction they split from the main Jedi Order of the time. Fleeing to the unknown regions, they settled on a planet called Saridona Prime, and made a Temple of Light which they call home to this day. Membership has fluctuated over time, bordering into the abyss more than once. But we have always recovered, and with a looming Sith presence, we need your help now more than ever.

Training
    Anyone on the forums is allowed to join, provided they are not already a member of the Sith faction. If you are interested all you need to do is state your intention to join, and you will be added to our roster, and be granted the rank of initiate in both this thread, and our main thread in the EUC. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM a Master (Mitth_Fisto, or Adalia-Durron), or me (ConservativeJedi321), and we will gladly work to accommodate you. All current members of the GOL maintain the same rank in the enclave as they do in the main thread.

You May find our Main thread here, and our Wiki Here

Rules
    1. Co-membership between the forum's Jedi and Sith Factions is strictly forbidden
    2. You May not post within The Knights of Darkness (Star Wars Communities), or Sith Empire (EU communities) threads without express permission.
    3. Respect your fellow Jedi, show deference to the Masters (And Mods), and follow the forums policies.
    4. This is not an RPG, if you wish to get on the front lines feel free to join our official RPG, Legacy of the Guardians.
    5. Stay on topic. This is a fan club for the light side, and Jedi only, not a general social club. Discussion is allowed, but please try to keep it within the bounds of the topic at hand.
    6. These are the rules specific to this thread alone, more details for the expectations of our order may be found in our main thread in the EUC.
    The Guardians of Light:

Grand Master-retired:

CPL_Macja: Josch Decinchi – Male Erphae Sentinel Watchman.--Retired.

The Order:

The Council:

Adalia-Durron: Adalia Tehanis – Female Akrianian Sentinel Peacekeeper
    Mitth_Fisto: Hochner Trevalus – Male Kubaz Guardian Instructor
    ConservativeJedi321: Semajj Nosrep – Male Ongree Consular
    Rebecca_Daniels: Liuna Iotasi - Female Mirialan Sentinel
    Bardan_Jusik: Beskaryc Taab – Male Mandalorian (Bounty Hunter) -- Honorary member only. Represents the interests of the RPG as Game Master and accorded Council privileges as Manager of the thread. Friend of the Order, can observe and participate in Council discussions, but has no vote on GoL issues, cannot assign tasks or award Force Points.

The Guardians of Light:

Grand Master-retired:

CPL_Macja: Josch Decinchi – Male Erphae Sentinel Watchman.--Retired. Though the rank of Grandmaster has been honorably retired, CPL_Macja (Josch Decinchi) is still accorded the respect and honorific of Grand Master due to his hard work and dedication in bringing the Guardians of Light back from the brink of the abyss.

Masters:

Adalia-Durron: Adalia Tehanis – Female Akrianian Sentinel Peacekeeper
    Mitth_Fisto: Hochner Trevalus – Male Kubaz Guardian Instructor
    Ananta Chetan: Ananta Chetan - Male Human Consular
    ConservativeJedi321: Semajj Nosrep – Male Ongree Consular
    Rebecca_Daniels: Liuna Iotasi - Female Mirialan Sentinel

Knights:

Tim Battershell: In Memoriam -- One with the Force
    galactic-vagabond422: Rak Avarray - Male Human Sentinel-- 123 Force Points
    The Vanguard:
    Koji Vansyphy -Male Lorrdian Guardian --195 Force Points
    Sarge:
    Peregrine Bonaventure, Male Human Guardian -- 215 Force Points
    Anedon:
    Titus Fenton, Human Male Consular -- 173 Force Points
    Jedi Master Kenobiwan:
    Irishi Kenobiwan, Human Female Guardian-- 140 Force Points
    TheSilentInfluence:
    Mandalorian female Consular -- 120 Force Points
    Iteote:
    Azurite Iteote , Zabrak/mikkian hybrid male, Healer --116 Force Points
    Kyber Acyk:
    Manalorian male Sentinel -- 168 Force Points
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha:
    Vanora Cinali, Togruta female -- 145 Force Points
    Tython Awakening:
    Tython, Human male Consular -- 175 Force Points
    Kev-Mas_Colcha:
    Kev-Mas Colcha III, Thyrsian/Echani male hybrid, Jedi Shadow -- 139 Force Points
    Khalia Octa -- 109 Force Points
    BookExogorth:
    Edo Vilsa, Miraluka Female, Sentinel --174 Force Points (On assignment)

Padawans:

teamhansolo -- 49 Force Points (Master: Jedi Master Kenobiwan)
    thisisme1138 -- 65 Force Points (Master: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha)
    SkywalkerShine -- 56 Force Points (Master: Anedon )
    Justin Gensel -- 51 Force Points (Master: Kev-Mas_Colcha)
    Tari Narvina -- 31 Force Points (Master: Kyber Acyk)
    jedi_Ashley -- 30 Force Points (Master: Khalia Octa )
    Emperor Ferus -- 48 Force Points (Masters: Adalia-Durron, Ananta Chetan, Sarge)
    Sadie Erso -- 25 Force Points (Master ConservativeJedi321)
    ZV-83 -- 32 Force Points (Master Anedon )
    Kato Sai -- 33 Force Points (Master The Vanguard)

Initiates:

MrMarius -- 4 Force Points
    Force of Light --
    14 Force Points
    Jimbing -- 15 Force Points
    MrJ3ST3R -- 14 Force Points

Friends of the Order:

Bardan_Jusik: Beskaryc Taab – Male Mandalorian (Bounty Hunter) -- Participant in the GoL RPG and game master of GoL RPF events. Manager/Head of Security of this thread. (Basically responsible for updating the roster in the opening post)
    Coffee_Ninja: Kasumi- Female Human (Jedi Master) -- Participant in the GoL RPG
    Rainbow Knight Star: Celice Tunaqua – Female Mon Calamari (Grand Master of New Jedi Trials)
    Corellian_Outrider: Outrider of the Corellian Order and Official Artist of the Guardian of Light
    JediCebara -- 26 Force Points

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2021
  2. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    *pours himself a mug of inaugural Jedi Chai* [face_coffee]

:p

3. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    *Flips switch, activating plumbing*
    *Courtyard meditation fountain springs to life*

There, the final touch is complete.:D
    Now lets hope this enclave has a better history then the one our forbearers tried to set up on Dantooine.:p

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Dantooine. It may of failed as a Jedi Temple but as a bug cultivation zone it has excelled to my delight =P~

Also, Conservative, 2 points ;)

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Looks great! Have lots of fun and good luck in finding some good Padawans! :D

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I appreciate it Master Trevalus. And am glad you found a proper use for that ancient enclave.:p

And I thank you Skiara for your well wishes. I'm sure new pupils will find there way here in no time now.[face_waiting]

7. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

A few Holiday guests arrive. :p

8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Point well said Master. Perhaps we ought to move some of those excess decorations you pointed out in the main thread and shift them here to create a better balance.:p

9. Force of Light

Force of Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    Do you mind if I join? I've always preferred the light side of the force (as you can see by my username).:)

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Welcome Force of Light, there is always room amongst the Jedi for new recruits. I sense the force is strong in you, the Masters will be by shortly to offer their welcome as well I'm sure.:D

And Perhaps Bardan_Jusik might add you to both rosters as he is their gatekeeper.:p

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Always glad to add a member to the rosters. Welcome to the Guardians of Light Force of Light

12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    If you like Force of Light, you may hang around the main thread(And this one as well), and get to know some of the fellow apprentices.

Before you are assigned to a Master there is a general rule you have to be active in the thread for about two weeks, and during that time some Knights and Masters may assign tasks for you so you may grow in your understanding of the light, or at least until you get 25 force points.

We Jedi are a welcoming folk, but with it the Life day season I can not speak for how often some will be around. I have no doubt the Masters will be here when their schedule permits to begin the first phase of your training.:)

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  13. Force of Light

Jan 5, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome (and the tips), but I may not be active until after the holiday (due to the fact that I'm mostly on public computers, except for Mondays, when I'm at my parents' place for at least one decent home cooked meal a week). I'll be sure to check out the main thread when I have a chance.:)

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Very well. That's no problem at all, we shall accommodate your schedule and I'm sure Life day will take the time of many of our Jedi who will be reassigned to Kashyyyk to celebrate.:p

We look forward to continuing your training after the Holiday.:)

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  15. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    A pleasure to have your luminous presence amongst us. :ben:

What within you resonates with following the Jedi Path?

Force of Light

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    *Sits next to fountain and begins a tranquil meditation*

17. Force of Light

Jan 5, 2016
    I would say that I always try to see the good in people, even if they're not necessarily a nice person. I don't believe that anyone is born bad, just suffered some circumstance that led them down that path. If someone doesn't like you, for example, it doesn't mean that it has anything to do with you. Perhaps they see something in you that they don't like about themselves, but just aren't aware of it.

I'm hoping everyone had a good holiday. My little hiatus gave me some time to think about my answer.:)

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Nice answer Force of Light.:)

19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Well done Force of Light
    Award yourself 4 Force Points. You may also include in your signature your rank of Initiate and affiliation to the Guardians of Light if you wish.
    The period of initiation is also a time for us to get to know you better, and you us. Please share one of your first or earliest SW memories from your younger days. For example, such as the first film you saw, how it affected your life, inspired you creatively or in any other way, etc. or anything else that comes to mind.​
    As a way to provide a little community building as well as to give our padawans a window to get involved and start to become active in the Jedi Enclave, would they please also share a related anecdote to the above question. You may be eligible for a few FP's based on the authenticity of your replies. ;)
    To answer my own question...In 1983, the small town where I grew up in the States opened its first video rental store. In those days virtually no one even owned a VCR in the beginning but instead would rent them for the night along with the films. I remember seeing TESB on the shelf and was fully captivated by the movie poster image imprinted on its cover. After the parents agreed to rent it, I watched it as many times as I could before we had to return it the following day. Like countless other children I was immediately inspired to try to recreate the various scenes by any means necessary, and since we didn't own any of the toys, started by making action figures and ships out of anything I could find around the house and in the garage. And well here I am, 30+ years later, still at it. :p

20. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Count me in! And a very well thought out answer Force of Light

For myself, I remember my aunt and uncle had a booth at comicon in the 90s selling action figures. I had to be no older than 6 or 7 when I got my first piece of Star Wars memorabilia. It was a T-47 Airspeeder from ESB. I remember playing with that thing more than anything else, aside from my hot wheels tracks which takes a close 2nd place. Then a couple years later I got a scout trooper (w/ speeder) for Christmas. I just remember putting so much time and imagination into those things. The movies got better for me as I got older. I still remember being allowed to watch my first midnight premier of TPM. I stayed up and didn't fall asleep one bit! I'm 27 now and don't know how I missed so many years of interacting with forum family! Regardless, it's good to be here, and among the light siders :)

TAG: Force of Light Ananta Chetan Pearlsaber

21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    As for me, I was a 97 baby (19 now) and the first movie I saw in theaters was episode I (No not its original release:p, I saw the 3D version a when it came out a few years ago.) First new film I saw in theaters was VII. My earliest memories of star wars are clouded. Mayhaps by the dark side.[face_thinking]

I wasn't raised in a hardcore star wars family, my dad watches it, but not in a committed way, so I didn't have any one single moment that brought me to the franchise. I remember seeing episode VI at a friends house when I was really little. I specifically recall seeing the droids walking in the desert, and the aliens crowding Jabbas palace. (I think they kinda creeped me out at the time.[face_blush]) Regardless I didn't stay long. And only saw the first few minutes.

According to my parents it was my Aunt who got be into the series seriously. She showed me episode IV (according to them) and I was hooked. Curiously I have no memory of it. I don't know what I did next either, as before I knew it I had seen all six episodes. And gotten a couple action figures as well. I saw TCW movie in 2008 (Ok perhaps I lied before about the first movies I saw, but in my mind this doesn't really count. [face_laugh]) I never missed an episode.

I began really going off the deep end in my teens, by action figure collection exploded, and I got dozens of comics, as well as every movie on dvd.

And that's really my life story.

Ananta Chetan, galactic-vagabond422, Force of Light

22. Force of Light

Jan 5, 2016
    I was too young when the original got released to theaters in '77 (I was only 4 or 5 at the time, and my parents don't enjoy the same types of movies that I do, except for my stepfather, but he wasn't married to my mom back then), so I didn't get into Star Wars until The Phantom Menace got released to theaters in '99 (which would have made me 26 or 27 at the time, since I was born in '72). I don't know what triggered my interest in Star Wars, perhaps just curiousity, or the fact that I've been into some sci-fi movies in the past (Independence Day, Jurassic Park, etc.) I was so into it that I spent the money my mom gave me for groceries when she and my stepfather went on holidays (they first got together the year I graduated high school, which was back in '91), and had to go to my grandmother's to get my meals (never did that again! I'm not sure if I went to TPM every day or every week, but I went a little overboard with it). Now that I'm nearing my mid-forties and have my own apartment, the apartment expenses come first (rent, bills, groceries, etc) and everything else second.

I've been into Star Wars on and off ever since, but always seem to get back into it when a new movie comes out. I just recently bought the entire saga on Blu-ray (got about $150.00 worth of Walmart gift cards for Christmas, so it was a good way to use them all up) and it was nice to see TPM again after all these years (I remember having it and the original trilogy on VHS tape when I first got into Star Wars. Technology has come a long way since then). Unlike when I first got back into Star Wars after a sixteen year hiatus (and when I first discovered this site, not sure how, I'm afraid), I'm keeping all of my Star Wars stuff, since it's too expensive to have to replace it all the time. A few other Star Wars related stuff I got for Christmas are Catalyst and a Star Wars crochet kit for the original trilogy (thinking of making a bunch of Leia ones and selling them on eBay as a bit of a tribute).

23. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Glad to see the Jedi have a presence here at last. I wish you all luck in your recruitment. ;)

24. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I love the age gaps that we all share, because it doesn't matter - the force is with us all!

25. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Speaking of which...I also was born in '72, so decided to glance at Force of Light's profile page only to discover that we were only born two days apart. I won't throw out any theories of being twins or separated at birth, probably too soon for that. :p