main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Shado Varmiri: Fan Club of the various Force Sects in the Galaxy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Elu, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *dusts the area* :p

HanSolo29 and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, you already know what it is I'm waiting for.... 8-}

3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    At the current rate. I am hoping by this weekend. ;)

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  6. achanes

achanes Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    Hello fans of the wider Force. :)
    The Jal Shey are my favorite! I also like the Dathomiri cults. I may actually join this in the future!
    Unfortunately reading the first post I realized I don't know much of anything about the Blackguard. I have only heard of them.
    Is there a good place I can read about them that isn't Wookiepedia? It looks like they may only be in the Galaxies card game which seems it would be difficult to locate.

Sinrebirth and Dioskouros like this.
  7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    We'll be here whenever you wish to join, would love to have you, achanes. :D

Regarding the Blackguard, I believe there is some mention of them in the Book of Sith, though otherwise the Galaxies Card Game is indeed the main place to learn of them. Wookieepedia is really the most in depth look at them, which is unfortunate. I admit, that's how I came across them and was immediately intrigued. Sadly, nothing further expanded upon yet.

The Jal Shey are fascinating, that's a good pick for favorite. Their applications of diplomacy are top notch! And everyone loves them a little bit of Dathomiri. ;)

achanes likes this.
  8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I hate double posting and I endeavor to make this the last time I do it in this thread. But important note for all those in the RPG.

It has begun! :)

For any who think they may be interested in this group or really want to see what we're all about, the tale of the Shado Varmiri in the RPF may be a good way to see it for yourself. :) achanes Kaleesh-Cyborg Kev-Mas_Colcha [face_whistling]

9. achanes

achanes Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    Thank you for your help and the recommendation Darth_Elu ! A couple of things to check out then. I will have to find the Book of Sith somewhere just for the sake of completeness.
    The game looks fun too so I will follow that when I have time I think.

Sinrebirth , Mikaboshi and Darth_Elu like this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    =D==D=^:)^

Darth_Elu

Amazing Opening Post! Brilliant even. Absolutely love the Battle of Firrerre! I was there I tell ya!! ( well, I definitely felt as if I was there while reading it! ) :D

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I can't wait to get home from work today to do some reading. :D [face_dancing]

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hurry up!! :p

Mikaboshi likes this.
  13. Dioskouros

Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2017
    Can't begin to express how Awed I am. What an Adventure begins. So many characters, locations; what Vision
    MASSIVELY EXCITED here [face_hypnotized]=P~[face_party]

"The Force fights with us"

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005

I'm sorely tempted to use some vaca and go home now. :p

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Perhaps you're not feeling so well and need to get home early. *koff koff* LOL!! :p

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Perhaps, yes, perhaps. [face_thinking]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *cracks fingers*

I'll get a reply up by tomorrow methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I know this feeling all too well. :p

Awaiting eagerly for all your replies. :D [face_dancing]

Shall have another topic to discuss in here shortly, as soon as I figure out which I wish to do so. ;)

19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Looking forward to topics. Any thoughts on a more formal system of training? Could be an interesting way to increase activity in the thread.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The Blackguard also appeared in Star Wars Galaxies as enemies on Mustafar.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Darth_Elu likes this.
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Never did play Galaxies, though I had wanted to myself. And Mikaboshi, what are you thinking?

22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    It's my favorite game of all time. I really really miss it... Was far better than SWTOR ever was, even in the more unpopular later stages. I loved how pretty much everything in the game was player run. There were always a bunch of events on the servers all the time that were all run by the players in that particular server community that got spotlighted by the devs, the economy was entirely player run (there were practically no NPC vendors that you could use credits on, most everything in the game that you could buy was a vendor created by a player that they stuck in their housing). The RP in the game was also fantastic. I was on a RP server and a part of a super serious Role Play guild based on the Imperial Dark Side Adepts and the quality of the RP I experienced was probably the highest quality experience out of any role playing I've ever done. It set the bar really high for what I expect out of an RP and developed my writing skills a ton.

Dioskouros, Darth_Elu and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    MMO RP groups are fun to interact with, I must admit. Though sometimes it can be notoriously difficult to find them at times due to the other players forcing them to hide underground as it were.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, that's the way my guild was, but that's what made it good. It was an elite group that didn't just allow anyone to join. The people who were let in were all talented role players who had interesting and believable characters that followed canon as strictly as they could. The adventures with these people was very immersive because the guild required its members to have a very intricate knowledge of canon in the Star Wars universe and to meet a certain standard of writing skill.

I do remember how difficult it was to get a hold of someone in order to join though, and I had to make some revisions to my character so he was more interesting and believable before they let me in but oh boy was it worth it, and if they had let me in with my character how he originally was I wouldn't have had as fun of an experience. Coincidentally, it was here where my current version of Kev-Mas started to really get fleshed out. Like, it's where I came up with the whole sith amulet mindslave of Palpatine thing.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Group discussion topic at last for those interested in joining in!

Despite their potential connections to the Sith, how do you think the Knights of Ren will be represented? What would you like to see? What do you not want to see? (No spoilers please!)

Also, Kev-Mas_Colcha Will return to our duel shortly. :)

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.