main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    After seeing TLJ, I have been left confused. The movie was jaw-dropping and precisely the refreshment Star Wars needed: though, I am aware of the divide this has caused. My main concerns are with going forward: where does the Star Wars narrative head next? What have we to look forward to?

2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    The next board evidently (it's called "IX and Beyond") ... but yeah. Other than psycho Kylo, I have really very little investment in the characters after this last film. Which iI find really sad for me.

3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    That's a good question. I loved TLJ, but JJ has a helluva task on his hands. He has to go from where they are, to the end in 2-2 1/2 hours of screen time. HUGE task.

4. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    The film left me feeling like there will be a significant time jump, with perhaps the Rebels regrouping and Rey gathering the new Jedi to aid in the fight against the FO.

I'm guessing they will find some way to write Leia out during the time jump.

5. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    I think we'll see some kind of time jump. The Resistance is being called the Rebellion at the end, which suggests that the First Order has won and rules the galaxy. Maybe Rey will have to train her own apprentice now, so she can beat Kylo and his Knights of Ren.

whostheBossk and dekaneas like this.
  6. Darth Ewok

Darth Ewok Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2016
    The interest is gone. Skywalker saga? No. Implied storylines? So they can completely disregard them again? Reylo? Lmao oh boy...

Jo Lucas, jofos, Pete Ren and 17 others like this.
  7. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    The reaction from a lot of people will be we don't care anymore. Zero interest in the series going forward, no matter the era. Making Luke Skywalker a nothing loser ends my interest in and fandom of Star Wars.

Jo Lucas, jofos, Pete Ren and 20 others like this.
  8. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Has to be a time jump. Its almost like after Revenge of the Sith again. New empire and a now rebellion in shambles

9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think you’re right. I can possibly see Jedi Rey, Finn and others battling what’s left of the First Order. Chewbacca, R2 and C-3PO remain against Kylo but that’s it. Maybe appearance from Force Ghost Luke too.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This thread is supposed to be for specific, on-topic discussion of where people see the storyline going in Ep IX after TLJ. It’s not for those types of posts.

11. Ahsoka Blaster

Ahsoka Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2017
    Maybe it's time for Mandalore to lend a hand. What do you think?

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm not opposed to that.

13. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    If this was how it was going to end up before the end of the trilogy, they may as well have had the New Republic destroyed in the first place.

Sitara and kalzeth like this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    WHAT NOW?
    The answer is clear! Move on to the IX forum and build up as much as possible headcanon, apocalyptic negativity and awkward theories in the next two years to be surprised afterwards that some will like the final outcome and some not.
    See you in the IX forum!!!! :D

15. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    My biggest problem with TLJ when I came out was, "Is there enough left for me to care about 9?" I feel like they took so much potential (reys parentage, snoke etc) and just pissed it all away in the most unsatisfying terms possible.

ALL they have left is Kylo Bens story of redemption planned for 9. And while I do like that and find it interesting, I feel like they've basically placed EVERY bet on this - because they've thrown the other best potential story lines away - and im concerned that that wasnt the smartest move.

The Episodes are meant to be the Skywalker saga, and theres only 1 left?

Varouneire, Yora and Sable de luz like this.
  16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I'm going to go to IMDB & push a button called loved it to get my groove back !,

There will be a time jump between EP8 & 9 probably 3 years now this relates to 2 issues the death of Carrie Fisher & the strength of Kylo Ren so :

1. In the 3 years since EP8 Princess Leia has been killed ( off screen ) and now there is a statue at the resistance base ,

2. The 3 year gap gives Kylo Ren plenty of time to hone is Dark Side skills & become one of the most power Dark Side users of all time ,

If Carrie Fisher had not sadly passed away I think EP9 may have followed on straight after EP8 thus giving us the first entire trilogy with no time jump......

17. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Rey will confront Kylo and start the new Jedi. No idea how they are going to deal with Carrie’s passing though.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  18. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015
    Well, about the FO, the Supremacy was destroyed and that was basically the command center of the FO, so they are kind of in shambles as well. Thats what makes the potential for ep 9 soo intriguing

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The ending was so brilliantly open.

I am expecting a lengthy time jump, and a war between a shattered Resistance and battered First Order dragging on for several years. Shall be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Maybe they'll do their own version of a TCW series to explain this cluster**** properly?

1) Battlefront 2 has a dlc set near the end of TFA which does a better job explaining this!
    2) Have it set with them explaining what's happening TLJ without involving the main cast in a way that alleviates the almighty ****storm TLJ might result in!
    3) will someone explain to me what the former directors of the Han Solo did that was worse than TLJ?!
    4) Rey has noone to teach her, Luke certainly didn't finish training her and using up all his force energy means no force ghost!
    That ability isn't automatic, it takes preparation none of which was addressed, I'm really hoping what's been revealed is complete bs because there is no way back from this level of idiocy.

So going forward?
    I'm hoping what's been revealed is complete horse **** because it sounds that awful.

Oh and EA, nicely done with Battlefront 2 even with those problems you did a far better job than the movie apparently!

Darth Lurker, kalzeth and nightangel like this.
  21. Maylander

Maylander Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    Rey wins. Again.

Jo Lucas, AusStig, Blobofat and 7 others like this.
  22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think this movie is the End of the Skywalker saga.
    I think Episode 9 will jump forwards some years.

Rey is training stable hands using the Jedi For Dummies Books.
    The Resistance is gaining strength again.
    Kylo is stark raving mad.
    Leia gets a "So sad she died last year" mention.

It's a pretty open book for JJ to play with.

23. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    The fanbase is going to go to war against each other over Rey's parents and Luke and Snoke's deaths

24. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Oh bloody hell, not another “She has lost the will to live” cop-out again.

25. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    What now?

For the first time in my life, I honestly don't care, I'm not excited for 9 at all