main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2018 Winter Word Race: TEAM EDITION - First Mini-game up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    #Teamblasetreegoats4ever

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Alright! I know it isn't quite midnight PST, but I have good reasons for posting a bit early.

Everyone ready?

First off! I'd like to thank Mav for volunteering to join me as game-host (I guess this really is becoming kinda like a mini-fanfic-olympics!). The teams are kinda on the smaller side so I figured one extra person would really be a huge advantage so I wanted teams to be as even as possible since I did really want to do mini games*.

Team A

@brodiew
    @Chyntuck
    @Mira_Jade
    @Mistress_Renata
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Team B

@Ewok Poet
    @Findswoman
    @Pandora
    @Sith-I-5
    @Raissa Baiard

Now! Feel free to organize group conversations, give me team names once you've agreed on them, and get writing!

*Note on the mini games: there will probably be 3 and the first will start after we have the Awards moved onto the next step - you'll notice I did try to break up awards volunteers because I know they might not be super productive the first weekend.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I started a conversation with my fellow teammates by virtue of can't wait-itis [face_laugh] and being up at the crack of dawn.
    Working on suggestions for names. :cool: Chyntuck came up with a very unique one. :)

4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I think we might be on our way to combining proposed names. :p In fact, the sillier, the better.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sooo...material written for the Fanon Thread does not count?

And, when do we start?

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, not this time around.

And you can start now, as per my post above.

Findswoman likes this.
  7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Necroscopic Blase Tree Goats?

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Now I'm curious as to what the team names will be! Should we have a mini-mini game for best team name?

So far I have 1179 words up for grabs!

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to be working on this month, part of me wants to finish my half diary, which is tempting me because it is totally feasible to just get it done and off my plate, but I also have a short story inspired by my New Year's Eve adventures involving best friends and out-houses in sub-zero temperatures in progress. Neither is my best work, but I'm having stupid amounts of fun, so I don't care. And you people should have a nice incentive for mini-games.

What is everyone else working on (or do you not want to reveal your plans to the other team)?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Sith-I-5, Kahara, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Got the Ysanne / Yavinelf OTP origins story that I have been working on offline since 2015; hopefully this will propel me towards completion.

Edit: Also got a Doctor Who story that is nearing completion.

Other than that, standard fare: RP posts, and updates for the earlier OTP challenge, and my ongoing NSWFF project. Maybe an attempt at the current OTP challenge.

Also, I will take a look at the mini games.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I think we've settled on a team name. Now we need to agree on our tagline :p

My plan for the first half of the month is to finish up six short fics I have in the works, either in-progress on the boards or half-drafted offline. I'm hope that getting those out of the way will help the muse re-focus on my three on-going long fics for the last two weeks of February, but she's been very temperamental lately. If it doesn't work, I have a bunch of concepts for one-shots that I could start working on.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo, got a name for the team. A combination of Chyn's suggestion, my wanting to include a name alluding to 5 team members and sweet things [face_mischief] -- and not being procrastinators but actually
    "The Persistent Pentasweets: Word count matters not." [face_dancing]

I'm working on 2 half-marathon diaries and also on the OTP challenge entry and a ficlet collection with a seasons in a relationship theme. :cool: I am writing an NSW viggie /ficlet series that is like a diary but not officially part of the DDC ;) I'm part of an RP fanclub; the entries/tasks will be included in the word count.

12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Got nuthin' fir day one.

Findswoman likes this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I am pleased to present The Goats from U.N.C.L.E. Namely, us. :D

For my own part, I'll probably be working on various short stories, some standalone and some for the Lasan Series. There are a few individual ideas I've had kicking around in my head that I just need to sit down and write, and I have a number of non-deadline challenge prompts outstanding (things like Memorable Melodies, Chart Hits, One-Hit Wonders) that I'd like to make a dent in if I can.

I had a very busy day yesterday and wasn't able to get any writing in, but I'm hoping I can make that up during the weekend, at least a bit. Seems like both teams are off to a good start in general, though, and may that continue! :)

Sith-I-5, Kahara, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Mother Goat is pleased that we're still in her cult, after almost three years. :D She will lead us and She will guide us to the light! :D

So, fan posts don't count. How about the footnotes? I didn't write any this year and I need to add A LOT of them.

15. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Mother Goat or the Moose Muse or whoever granted me an exceptionally productive day yesterday--692 words! And 200 of them were on the scene that's been giving me fits for I don't know how long! Hooray for turning off the inner critic and just writing! [face_party]

Kahara, Chyntuck, Sith-I-5 and 4 others like this.
  16. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Between yesterday and today, I managed 2683 words for Team Pentasweets. GO PENTASWEETS!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Booyah jinkies! This race is helping with everyone's productiveness. =D=
    I got 667 words done and posted today for Pentasweets. :)

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    General rule for this race: if it is going in a story (minus comment replies) or RP thread, then count it.

Thank you for your team names. I will post them along with WC updates in the OP!

And the judges have decided the winner of the mini-mini game! Its the The Persistent Pentasweets: Word count matters not.

They win 1179 words. Don't worry Goats (mind if I call you Goats?) there should be plenty more words to win.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Wait, we had a game? I didn't even catch that. So much for being wide awake... [face_rofl]

And wait, words can be won?

Okay, I'm useless. :p

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    See the OP.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    D'oh! I should probably bang myself on the head and go to sleep. :p

23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    So far I'm at 0, unless writing out checks counts. I have hopes for the weekend...

Chyntuck, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have some, will count in the morning or whenever. :)

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Only if the cheques are made out to me :p

So, I was going to write out the posts for the mini-games, but then my muse kinda exploded, so you might not get instructions, but at least there will be rewards.

Chyntuck, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.