main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT [Saga-PT] Master Grover teaches Perspective

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith-I-5, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Master Grover Teaches Perspective

Plot Bunny raised, twice apparently, by @Binder-lover

Starring: Grandmaster Grover (from the Muppets, here because Frank Oz voiced him and Yoda).
    Co-Starring: Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker.
    And Introducing: Count Dooku.
    Research: Youtube vids - Grover - Far and Away, the end fight of Attack of the Clones, Agadoo - Black Lace. No copyright infringement is intended.

It's all fun and games, until someone drops a heavy ferrocrete column on a pair of your jedi.

"Want to play some Squash?" Count Dooku sneered with glee as the support fell towards his earlier opponents.

"Whoa!" Grover stretched out a hand, decelerating then stopping the horizontal column just before it had a chance to crush the wounded pair, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, where they lay on the floor of the hangar.

Dooku took the opportunity to scarper up the ramp of his nut-brown twin-prowed star yacht, the....St. Vitus Dance.

Not as young as he used to be, the diminutive blue-furred biped took the strain as he lifted the column away from his jedi and moved it a safe distance, whilst a dozen metres away and inside the ship, Count Dooku was breathing hard from his own exertions from fighting the three jedi, and barely listening as his pilot droid told him to set the seat tray in the upward position.

He must have done as he was told, for the St. Vitus Dance lifted off the deck, its landing struts retracting into the hull, and the ship sailed smoothly out into the cooling desert light, getting while the going was good.

Left behind, Grover turned to Obi Wan and Anakin, the former with arm and thigh cut with cauterised slashes, and the latter missing two-thirds of his right arm.

"Both of you missed my lesson on perspectives, didn't you?" Grover glowered as he regarded his captive audience. "I remember you laughing and chuckling after Supreme Chancellor Palpatine despatched you to deal with that trade dispute. Well, you are not going anywhere now, are you!"

The Jedi Grandmaster stretched a hand where you could barely discern individual digits, towards the oval hole through which Dooku had fled, "Farrrrrr."

He applied Force Pull without looking, but tracking the vessel's proximity through, well, his mind.

There was an audible whine as the ship's repulsor's fought against a pull that its sensors could not detect, the volume rising as slowly but surely the ship was brought back to the hangar, till its bulk was close enough to block off some of the light streaming in.

"Nearrrr." Grover explained.

Anakin's incredulity over-rode the pain in his shorn arm, which was going some. "WTF?"

"Anakin, language!" Kenobi reproved, furrowing eyebrows as he gazed over the top of Anakin's wild afro at Dooku's erstwhile escape yacht.

"Oh, you don't understand." Hand to his brow in consternation at their ignorance, Grover took a breather, the ship shooting away like the last bolt out of a busted blaster, almost invisible in a few seconds!

"Farrrr."

He applied Force Brakes, feeling through the Force, the impact of Dooku's head clouting something as the ship stopped suddenly, and the blue being rolled forearm over forearm as he reeled the ship back in, looking like the teenage Kylo Ren of another story getting his cape back.

"Please, master." Anakin pleaded. "We need a medivac."

"You'll be fine, there's another movie yet." Proving that he did not need the rolling arm business to retrieve the ship, Grandmaster Grover used his mind to haul it backwards, whilst changing up his arm movements a bit. "A Ga Doo Doo Doo, push banana, shake da tree....Near!"

The yacht tore off as he released it again, "Farrrrr." The thing kept going, nosing towards the sky, and disappearing into the clouds. "Do you understand?" He enquired of the two knights. "Cos I can bring it back?"

"No no, we're fine!" Obi Wan exclaimed.

"Very interesting lesson, Master." Anakin added.

THE END

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Kahara, ZV-83, Binder-lover and 6 others like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Grover?! That was exactly who I imagined as soon as I read the name. ;) Oh my. Next we'll have Kermit and Miss Piggy from the Muppets. 8-} =D=

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Credit for the choice of protagonist, should go to @Binder-lover as she donated the plot bunny, and has waited seven long years for someone to take the reins.

4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I remember that form when I was little. Cute story.

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    [face_rofl]

This is hilarious!!

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I saw the title and I was thinking that can't be the Grover I'm thinking it is. And yep! It totally was!!
    I loved him growing up, The Monster at the End of this Book was one of my favorites books.

I loved this with Grover in place of Yoda! He was still Gover, but a Jedi Master still!

Hilarious! =D=

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yep, my reaction was the same as @mavjade 's: "surely it can't be the Grover." And yet that's exactly who it was! [face_laugh] What a fun mashup of characters and fandoms, and what an eminently unforgettable lesson on perspective—the way it harks back to the cute little Sesame Street vocabulary and opposites lessons of a certain era was just priceless. Delightful stuff, and thanks for sharing! =D=

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [​IMG]

And this story. Thank you!

If I ever have the time I try to paint something. But at present new ideas come forth slowly. The past months have been filled with too much deaths and illness for me. But a story like yours can have a healing effect.

There are actually folk on this planet who meet on field to laugh out loud together.

Your unique way of story telling does the same.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Such an outpouring of nostalgic love for The Grover.

I have never seen the like.

Thank you to everyone who read this, and left feedback.

@AzureAngel2 - did you do that painting especially for this? Great job.

10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Here comes the person who saw some of the show at the age of 1-3 and doesn't remember anything other than the bird. Still, that didn't stop me from enjoying the story. You have taken this plot bunny and ran with it and it turned out awesome. :)

Totes didn't expect this. LMAO! [face_rofl]

Anakin, seriously, you're not Mace Windu. GO WASH YOUR MOUTH WITH SOAP!

It.is.beautiful. *wipes a tear*

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I am really pleased to see how much you appreciated this little thing.

Especially as you only remember Big Bird.

Thank you for reading and reviewing, @Ewok Poet

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    No, I have that painting on my DA account since a couple of years. But it seemed to fit in here, don´t you think? :D

13. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I just found out about this.

All I can say is 'WOW" XD Thank you so much for finally filling it!

AzureAngel2 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    You can't imagine how happy I am to have you see that your seven year wish has been fulfilled.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    AzureAngel2 and Binder-lover like this.
  15. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    Fun fact, R2-D2 and C-3PO were on Sesame Street, and Mark Hamill as Luke was on the Muppet Show. (R2 fell in love with a fire hydrant.)

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  16. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Very funny. I'm in my forties, so I haven't seen Grover since... Uh, yesterday... [face_blush]

Still, a funny piece. I liked at the end how both Jedi quickly saw the 'lesson' that needed learning. The part of just say 'Yes, Master' to whatever Grover says so you can go to a hospital. :p

17. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Ooookaaay. Now I have to read the rest of this.... [face_laugh]

And it keeps getting better.

Heh. I haven't seen Sesame Street in years (and was technically too old for it when it premiered, not that I cared), but this was just fun and worth the read. Muppets. Star Wars. What's not to love?

Plus, hey, sometimes we really do need a lesson on (literal and figurative) perspective. :D

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Glad you enjoyed this, @Seldes_Katne , and many thanks for leaving feedback.