main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD [April Fools]Important Announcement Regarding Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Citizens of the JFC Fanfic boards

Due to recent cease and desist letters from Disney, the JFC can no longer have Star Wars fanfiction as it infringes on new copywrite laws. We have 30 days to remove all Star Wars related fanfic. Because we know how much time and effort goes into each story, we will leave the story sub-forum as a reply-only forum for the next 29 days so anyone can finish any story they may have ongoing and anyone can save - though copy and paste - any story they wish.

But may your muses fear not! The Mods are here for you. We will be converting SW fanfic into WW fanfic, That’s right! The West Wing fanfic is here to stay. You’re favourite NBC-political-show-based fanfic will now take over Fanfic Resource and has it’s own sub-forum HERE.

As a bonus to the writers who can embrace this change, we are offering an award of 72 hours of colours to the writer who can write and post the best story on the new sub-forum before 00:00 April 2nd, PST.

We will also be looking for users to host resource threads such as:

-“The Future-Fic Index - what happened after Tomorrow?
    -“Tying Ties: keeping steamy scenes TOS friendly”
    -“What Ever Happened to Mandy and Who Really Cares?”
    -"A Q AND A WITH MARION COTESWORTH HAYE"
    -"Who Dis? An inside look at Season 6 and 7's White House Randoms"
    -"The Doug Westin Haters' Sanctuary"
    -"The Toby Ziegler Pie Appreciation Thread: A Place to Recommend All Your Favorites"
    -"Bartlet's Brains: Random Fun Facts Resource for Writers"
    -"That one Time My Bicycle Crashed Into a Tree: Stories You're Ashamed Of"

Finally, please give a warm welcome to @heels1785, your newest fanfic moderator. As an avid West Wing fan, he decided to join our team for this shift in direction.

We hope to see what brilliant fics you have in store for us.

Any and all complaints should be directed to our new Press Secretary, @dp4m

Sincerely,

Prime Minister Briannakin
    President mavjade
    Secretary of State Mira_Jade
    Vice President heels1785

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ALL TOGETHER, NOW!

[​IMG]

Hi everyone. She's Marion Cotesworth-Haye. I'm heels. I like the Yankees, Star Wars, Goldfish (the crackers), and of course, The West Wing.

Thank you, Bri, Mav, and Mira, for allowing me to join your great community - understand that I may not be a familiar face to many of you, but I hope to meet many of you as we go through this transition together. While I was caught off guard, shocked really (as I'm sure many of you are) when we were notified of the C&D, we are truly lucky to have a committed and creative group of staff members that put together the contingency plan.

Onward and upward!

P.S. - as Bri mentioned, please send as many questions and/or comments as humanly possible to our outstanding Press Secretary, @dp4m. Or just shoot him a PM to tell him how your day is going! He is a real inspiration, equal parts CJ Cregg and Zack Snyder. :)

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    LOL, suuuuure. ;) Good one.

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Findswoman likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hi Ewok Poet! A familiar face! Hope you are doing well, and ready for this exciting new chapter in FF.

Cheers.

NobodyIX, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    YES. I am writing this from a great location and I also want to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs in your government, but ONLY if there are a hammer and a sickle on our coat of arms. AND ON TP.

P.S. Darth Donna Moss is GOAT.

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    First thing I did, was see if this had been posted on April 1st, but because it had been posted "Yesterday", I was completely taken in till I saw that the the West Wing fic had to be in before "April 2nd".

I then confirmed today's date.on my phone.

[face_frustrated] :cool:

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I’m sorry but I cannot do this. In the name and sacred memory of Johnny Damon, Jason Varitek and Big Papi himself, I can’t accept a mod who is a Yankees fan. There are just some lines a girl can’t cross.

8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Preach, Sister!!! :redsaber:

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  10. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    *looking at the calendar*
    *thinking about screaming: "Nooooooo!!!" (Did I get the correct number of o's?)
    *looking back at calendar and resist the urge to scream*
    [face_rofl]

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Our Press Secretary @dp4m is also a Yankees fan.

I can't believe I didn't think about that when we asked heels if he wanted to join us, now I'm an outnumbered Red Sox fan. :_|

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Findswoman likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Poet, stop that, you don't want to remind me of ahem, certain elected officials [face_laugh] [:D] [:D]

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Yikes! I go away from the boards for 48 hours and this happens? Okay then. I'll write TWW fanfic instead... for today, at least.

I don't have the foggiest what this Yankees vs Red Sox controversy is about, but if @divapilot, @Mistress_Renata and @mavjade are all on the same side, I'm with them. (I just hope that this only involves the Yankees and Rex Sox. If it's a multilateral conflict all bets are off.)
    Why the plural? :p

Briannakin , mavjade and Tarsier like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    O_O

18. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Raise the banner of the Bloody Sock! Cowboy up and crank up the volume on Sweet Caroline! wootwoot

Chyntuck, mavjade and divapilot like this.
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'll just be over here in my sad little Jays corner. '93 was the best year ever, that's all I'm saying.

20. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Actually, the real question is, who do Bartlet & Santos root for? Since we're officially TWW now, and I guess we should try to keep the thread on track... ;)

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    Both root for the little guy and champion the underdogs so they are Pittsburgh Pirates fans.

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There's no chance that President Bartlet is not a Red Sox fan. Santos is an Astros fan.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Jed would have been the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, formerly Ravens, the AA affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays - so Bri, he'd be with you. Santos would have been a Texas Rangers guy, I'm sure. Probably attended a few games with West Wing Dubya.

Fan Fiction and baseball seem to go quite well together!

Edit - oh yeah, Astros, not Rangers. Good call, Press Secretary. Now go do The Jackal.

Chyntuck and Briannakin like this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Nah, Bartlet preferred women's softball.

heels1785 , Chyntuck and mavjade like this.
  25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Good call Prime Minister Bri! He did love women's softball.

We also know that Josh is a Mets fan, Toby is a Yankees fan. Leo would be a Cubs fan because he's from Chicago, though I don't see him being a big baseball fan.

Lionel Tribbey was clearly a cricket fan. Anyone here know anything about cricket, because I certainly don't!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.