main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD [April Fools]Important Announcement Regarding Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Okay, it kind of went too far, gimme back my fic posting by midnight. [face_devil] Next time, base it around MY most obscure interest, for example. :p

Wet Blanket.mp3

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Findswoman likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    this isn't a joke. It's the reason why Mav nor I have been around much, we've been dealing with lawyers. You people are so lucky we fought for 30 final days.

divapilot likes this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I wouldn't call The West Wing obscure, especially for TV. In its highest ranking seasons it had 17 million viewers on average (and this was before DVR) and in its lowest it had 8 million. Shows would kill to have that kind of viewership today. And even now, it's had a huge resurgence of new fans, and old fans going back to it (a big part of the reason we chose it).

I don't know the numbers because they don't release them, but the podcast The West Wing Weekly is popular enough that they've gotten a ton of stars, writers, real life politicians to discuss it (many of which credit TWW for going into politics), and are about to be on a sold out (albet short) tour that isn't just in the U.S.

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Uh, cucumber sandwiches? And the games last for a few days aaand...something about Google? That's all I got. [face_dunno]

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I want cucumbers on top of my Eurocrem SandWitch, while I observe the Sun of the Beach.

Dirty Sexy Money is GOAT. Donald is my BAE. Strudel is my religion and I lost it to a maze of pipes and a series or tubes.

I want that cheese day that @Thorn058 talked about. Cheese and I shall make Eine kleine Nachtmusik. Please.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    What. The. Kriff.

Seriously?!

If this is actually true, I am so ticked off. I mean, seriously, I literally want to scream right now. It's not fair! This is kriffing nerfcrap! Curse you, Darth Disney, and damn you to all nine Correllian Hells! If I wasn't so kriffing fond of Marvel superheroes and Star Wars and your kriffing princesses, I would vow never to watch another Disney movie ever again! That's how mad I am! :mad:[face_beatup]

Seriously, Disney, do not kriff with us Warsies! We will write you so much hate mail, you will wish you never bought Lucasfilm! We will pick up our pens and verbally go all Kylo Ren on your arse! :kylo::kylosaber:

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I think this is an excellent opportunity for us all to stretch our writing muscles and dig deep into our reserves of creativity in order to honor this move. If not Star Wars, this is certainly the fandom to support! :D

So, my first act of Sercretary of State will be to rename the NSWFF forum the NWWFF forum. That certainly rolls off the tongue. ;) [face_mischief]

mavjade and Briannakin like this.
  8. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    (Okay, okay -- you got me. Can next time be something that doesn't give me a heart attack? Too plausible.)

Do those corporate poopyheads have any idea how long it's going to take to introduce a plausible reason for filling the White House with extraterrestrials and robots? DO THEY?

9. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    ((*slow clap* well done - possibly the best April Fools' prank that I have ever seen, but next time can you choose something that does not cause anxiety? I was freaking out and panicking quite badly.))

10. NobodyIX

NobodyIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2018
    Question: Can extremely subtle 'references' to Star Wars appear in our new West Wing fics? [face_whistling]

11. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Sneaky, folks. Very sneaky. [face_tee_hee]

(I was a bit nervous, at first, but I belatedly remembered what day it was. [face_blush])

12. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    that's not true, that's impossible!

NobodyIX likes this.
  13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    As long as they are subtle, I think that would be okay.

I've had some not so subtle references, so I guess I'm going to have to curb that aspect.

NobodyIX likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    As long as you guys continue with the high quality content I’ll be sure to read it. :p

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    As many of you figured out it was April Fools day! There is no C&D from Disney, they know where their money comes from. ;)
    Things are now back to normal in fanfic.

The year all of MS got together and announced we were moving forum hosts on April Fools Day, which was true, and then the joke ended up being on us because we didn't actually move for over a year is pretty hard to top!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.