main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Best of Both...Mash-up Fics Discussion/Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderfully mod approved, @};- I present ...
    The Best of Both - mash-up fic time!

It can be a drabble, a one-shot, a short story, or an epic. :cool:

* Take any combination of characters from Legends & New Disney canon and blend them together in a marvelous fashion.

* Give popular favorites like Mara Jade and Kyp Durron and Corran Horn tweaked back stories ... have them participate in altered adventures with variations of the Empire/First Order.

* H/L can have more kids, different kids, whatever.

* Better yet, yay, feel free to indulge the chocolate mousse muse and give your favorite characters happy endings.

From time to time, we'll have discussions and compare and contrast new and old. ;)

Please comply with the TOS and post a link to your fic in this thread.

Happy writing!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jinkies! This already has a loose list of mini-challenges written up for [face_laugh] and best of all, no deadlines and they can be mixed and/or blended once we get more than one going. But first, thanks to the amazing and wonderful heart-canon that is "Teenage Rebellion" ^:)^ I submit:
    How would the Rebels be involved in stopping the Empire or First Order? Write a fic involving their activities.
    [face_love]
    [face_party]

4. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Can we contribute existing stories to the index? :D

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, particularly the chapters that fit the criteria, unless the whole fic does. :cool:

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing]
    Discussion questions based upon : How the Rebels would be involved in stopping the First Order/Empire, after the decisive victory at Endor?

* Which ones are most likely to have survived all the way to Endor & later? Ignore what was in Season 4 :p - implied or otherwise.

* Would they be involved in helping one world rebuild: i.e., the world they settled on, but concentrating more on having a "normal" family life? "I'm done with grand full-scale involvements". [face_thinking] Or would they WANT to be in the "thick of things"? E.G., Zeb and Sabine. ;)

* If they got drawn back into the action, what would be the appeal/personal touch that would convince them to? @};-

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Ewok Poet, Kahara and Raissa Baiard like this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Can you re-open your Star Peace thread, please?

I have a story that will eventually go in there, and the subject of that thread was a great idea.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] Fantabulous!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Hmm...well, if you don't have to account for Luke being the only Jedi in the OT, I don't see why they all couldn't survive :D I'm pretty much ignoring the events of Season 4 for the Marzra-verse, since it was created midway through Season 3 and I haven't found any good way to retcon Season 4 into it :p, but even if you wanted to fit everything in, just change the timing of Ezra and Sabine's arrival so that Kanan lives....and that could have a big effect on what happens in the finale or afterwards.

I think Ezra would put his effort into restoring Lothal, because that's where his heart and home are, and that was his goal throughout Season 4. Kanan, who never really wanted to be involved in full military operations, would probably be happy to step back and concentrate on rebuilding the Jedi order. Hera...oh gosh, it would probably be very tough for her to finally step back, but I think that if she and Kanan had a child at that point, she might feel that since her goal of defeating the Empire had been achieved, she was finally justified in easing back a bit. I can see her taking a smaller role. Zeb and Sabine--it's harder for me to decide whether these two would still be in the midst of the action. My feeling is that if Season 4 had ended differently, Sabine might return to Mandalore to fight whatever Imperial influence was still left there and help unite the clans. I like to think that Zeb would be searching for any surviving Lasat and and probably kicking some slaver shebs and shutting down any remaining Imperial work camps in the process. Chopper, of course, goes wherever Hera goes.

Now this is a tough one for me because my plans for the Marzra-verse are more or less Star Peace;) but Kanan and Ezra could probably be drawn back into the action if there was a need for the Jedi to become involved--a new Dark Sider for instance. Hera would probably feel compelled to return to the fight if she felt there was a serious threat to freedom in the Galaxy. As said, I can see Zeb fighting against slavery and oppression. Sabine definitely would react to a threat to Mandalore, but I think she'd also want to support her friends if any of them were involved in the action. She and Zeb would be all kinds of awesome as a dynamic duo busting slavers and work camps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.