main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did you discover the Jedi Council?

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jul 3, 2018.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I will! Right after I'm done reading the latest TF.N Spy Report!

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think it was through some other fan site, possibly either Wookieepedia or the New Jedi Order Encyclopedia. I started getting into following starwars.com around 2005, and then not long after that found my way to some other online SW fansites.

I think it was in 2007 I stumbled into this place, and I was content lurking for quite a while until I decided "**** it, i wanna post too". I made about a dozen posts over the next two years until I just kinda ramped up my posting as I got more comfortable here. Now I'm like a mod or something.

pronker likes this.
  3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I had read TFN before but never knew a forum existed on it. Was searching for box office predictions and information leading up to TFA and came across the forums. I was a lurker for alittle over a year then finally decided to join after RO came out.

pronker likes this.
  4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I lurked on the board for years as a reader-especially in the lit section. So much that I knew the names of the moderators and the various discussions-I didn't have an account I just would I read discussions. I was just in middle school-reading Star Wars Lit discussions on my iPhone. I wanted to participate for years but I did not join until relatively recently.

I got an account back in 2016 and it was a wonderful decision I made. In a few months time it will have been two years since I joined.

pronker likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I signed up for an old e-mail list called Skywalking, which FernWithy/Jedi Galadriel ran, and was looking for fanfic right after TPM was released. I found this place and lurked for a year and a half before joining.

mavjade and pronker like this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I found this place when "Attack of the Clones" came out, I found myself to be immediately confused that not everyone loved the film. Thus began about 6 years of heavily defending the prequels, writing massive fanfic novels, making friends all over the globe, and hard core discussing collectibles w/ other obsessed collectors. I now mostly just hang in the collectibles boards, the prequels exhausted me from film banter, but I still come here every day because I love my favorite GFFA and the masses of merchandise that keeps getting produced for it.

cathiecat and pronker like this.
  7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I don't remember how I found TFN or the JC anymore, though I remember I was still in my junior year of high school at the time. That was in the spring of 1999. I registered a few different names over the next couple years and mostly lurked (though I did a bit of scattered posting). Eventually, I decided to join in more actively and registered my longtime username.

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I found this place originally at some point after Episode I came out....I pretty much visited every Star Wars site possible at the time on a daily basis looking for news and rumors. I'm certain I created an account around 2000 or 2001 but can't remember what the username or email would have been....I'm pretty sure I only made a handful of posts, probably telling people to visit my angelfire site or talking about how awesome Limp Bizkit was. Anyways, going to college and working full time kept me pretty busy after Episode II so I probably didn't visit the boards for several years but did lurk quite a bit during The Clone Wars series and I know a few times tried to figure out what my old username was. I had some other sites I posted on go away and with Rebels and TFA on the horizon I finally created this account and started posting here on a regular basis.....and a few years later here I am a mod.

9. siha

siha Jedi Master star 2

Feb 28, 2013
    Someone invited me here from a Star Wars themed Neopets Guild to read her fanfic. I continued to read her and other fanfics for several months and even collaborated on one that went unfinished (I’m no good at writing fanfic). Then I discovered the JCC and have posted there pretty much exclusively ever since. I don’t post much anymore, but I’m married to the head admin, so I’m still relevant.

10. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I started lurking on different message boards whenever the AOTC script leaked (I think I was like nine years old), but nobody would let me register until I was 13. So because I’m an honorable person, I waited until mid-2004 to join under the alias of DVDooku to demand an explanation for why a pacifist Jedi brutally killed instead of incapacitating a bounty hunter with direct ties to the Republic and the Separatists.

Then I didn’t like the name anymore.

MrZAP, pronker and tom like this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I posted on another messageboard -- Jedinet I think it was -- mostly in their EU forums. @Jedi Ben posted there -- he's possibly technically the person on the JC I've known the longest, I guess. Anyway, the folks at that board kept badmouthing the JC and saying it was a terrible place so I decided to visit and see what all the fuss was about.

They were right about it being terrible, but the Lit forums were FAR more active than the other place (multiple threads being updated multiple times throughout the day? Wild). So I joined in 2000 to chat about the NJO books.

12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    George Lucas told me about this place and suggested I post as soon as he sold LFL to Disney.

After lurking on the forums for an extend period, like two years, I deceided to become an active member of the forums. Afterwhich, everything went downhill in my life.

13. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Honestly? I'm not 100% sure how I found the website. That said, I think it had something to do with fanfiction, as I found a series of post-NJO AU fanfics (which lead me to AU ending for NJO preceding it). That was around Jan/Feb 2006, and I registered in March when I had caught up and wanted to comment on it.

So yeah, while I seen all of the PT and read all of NJO by that point, I got here when a fair amount of that had died down, I think.

But I was just in time for DNT and LotF. That was... fun. :p

TheRedBlade likes this.
  14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    1999 or so on the olde UBB boards I found TFN for spoilers, then found the forums. Then I found Fan Force.

I spent a lot of time in the EP 2/3 spoilers allowed sections, and was the initial Chapter Rep for Denver, Colorado -- the Rocky Mountain Fan Force.

I'm still active in the 501st, and participate in RMFF events as often as life allows. And I'm still friends IRL with many of the people from those early days

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  15. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I was looking for a place to post my fan art, and found this. WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY better. :)

pronker likes this.
  16. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    i've join this forum twice,first time in i think 2007 or 8 and then again just before TFA came out and have been here sense.I'm in here on in off again of cause :p
    this place is strong medicine.

pronker likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Supershadow told me about it. He seemed like a knowledgeable and upstanding dude and he was best friends with George Lucas so I thought what the hell.

Seriously though I don't really remember. I know I was on JediNet forums a lot too and I probably found it that way.

18. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I was probably looking for good SW fanfic back in 2004 and found some fantastic stories at TF.N. Either through there, or having somehow stumbled upon a board called "The Dark Lord's Council" around the same time, directed me to these boards.

19. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It was summer of 1998, I was a bored 19 year old with an internet connection and I kept going to this Star Wars page that had a lot of spoilers and news about Episode I. They kept teasing something about "The Jedi Council" which I kept an eye out for only to be yanked away from home for two days for a family gathering. I got home, signed in, went to discuss Dark Forces and figured I'd have forgotten about this place in two weeks.

So much for that...

20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    We got our first computer back in 1998 the week before Christmas and I signed up on forums with all the hype around potential new Star Wars coming out. I mainly posted in what would become FanForce and in the Community forum. I didn't like my username (JAWAHUNTER) so I changed to this account once I met a few people from the forums in real life.

Obey Wann and pronker like this.
  21. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    I Knew about Jedi council Forums about 2 years ago when i was serching on the internet i serch a answer that was star wars related about order 66 survvivors and one of the sites i saw was Jedi council froums i was reading different threads until 2017 april 15 i officealiy join and it is great meeting so many different star wars fans who love star wars as much as i do

pronker likes this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    My Afghan captors made me join. I still haven’t broken.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I literally googled "star wars forum".
    I felt like chatting on the subject.

I looked at a few forums.
    Some were dead, some were too negative.
    This was the baby bear.
    It felt like it had energy and enthusiasm.

DaddlerTheDalek and pronker like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I had just stumbled out of a wampa’s cave and was laying down in the snow. My former mentor appeared to me in a vision and said, “You will go to theforce.net. There you will post on the Jedi Council Forums.”

Or, alternatively, I don’t remember how I came across them. I was posting on the boards at starwars.com (which got taken down later) first, and I started lurking here for a while before stopping there and registering here.

Then very soon after the sale to Disney and the creation of the New Films forums, I became a New Films mod and did that for five years before retiring earlier this year.

25. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Firstly, I love it here and feel at home look forward to the future here :).

I wanted to find a star wars forums filled with Nerds like me so we can geek it out over Star Wars and boy this place has it all.