main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Season 7!? #TheCloneWarsSaved

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    The Thread That Was Promised!

Hallowed Be Thy Filoni ^:)^

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  4. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem.

TCW made its swan song with that fortune cookie. How fitting it was.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I never thought I’d see the day.... What arcs do you guys want to see most? Personably I would be happy with fully animated crystal crisis/bad batch and the siege of Mandalore as well.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Eh we knew it was only a matter of time.
    [​IMG]

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I have watched that trailer an unhealthy amount of times already.

8. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Oh my god I haven't even thought of the fortune cookies! I can't wait to see what quotes they choose. I bet 1 or 2 are gonna be a little snippy over the initial cancellation haha.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni you did it! I never thought you could, but you did it!

10. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    There was a poll thread for that - for me, no surprise - the final three arcs with Ahsoka. Anything else I'll happily take as a bonus but that was the emotional core and through-line that gave the series progression.

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I just hope this eventually gets a Blu-ray release. No way I'm paying a subscription.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd really like to see the episodes set in the Sith shrine under the Jedi Temple. And of course the Siege of Mandalore but that's a given. :D

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I really want the bounty hunter arc. That’s what I want the most.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is going to be so much hype. I wonder if we'll get the partially completed episodes that were released. released in all their glory as well. The animation in the trailer really looks awesome. Those flowing robes.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I heard all of the new episodes will focus on Meebur Gascon. :p

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I thought it was a fitting enough tribute with the clone voiceovers and the badass single shot of the helmets, but then dat tagline. :D And then I be like Kermit as the rest appeared.
    [​IMG]

17. aimop95

aimop95 Jedi Knight

Dec 31, 2014
    How to completely shatter someone's faith in humanity.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We’d watch it. You know that.

19. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Siege of Mandalore is what we saw in the trailer I believe. The Sith Shrine episodes are definitely my second most wanted and I don't really care what they do for the rest. If it was up to me, Son of Dathomir and the Yoda/Kashyyyk arc would be the others assuming there's enough space for them.

Just no episodes like Rex/R2 or Ahsoka in Coruscant unless they're willing to completely finish the series.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Please let be a twelve episode Jar Jar and Gascon buddy trip arc! [face_praying]

21. TheCloneWarsForever

Apr 24, 2018
    Y'know, it occurs me they might not choose to produce their original arcs exactly.

Those stories were written for an audience that no idea what the post-ROTS future held for characters like Ahsoka, Rex, Maul and Ventress (or if they had a future.)

If the sale to Disney hadn't occurred and SOM had come around naturally, all of the pre-episode tension would have been about who survives, who dies (Ahsoka going up against Maul, fhs.)

But now because of Rebels, we know all those answers going in - the audience context has changed completely. We've even seen Ahsoka and Maul go at it (and it was overshadowed completely by Ahsoka and Vader in the same episode [face_laugh].)

And Filoni generally likes to tell stories that are surprising and satisfying for the people watching them at that time, not just to fill in gaps.

So I wonder if we're on the wrong track entirely thinking about the arcs we already know about. They may want to throw in entirely new curveballs to make things more surprising and suspenseful (you know, like introducing a Padawan for Anakin in the first place...)

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I wonder what other animated stuff comes next, this is awesome news. The more star wars the better.

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    BRIGADIER GENERAL Meebur Gascon. :clone:

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope he became a moff. :p

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Utapau!