main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Representing the Underrepresented: A Special Mod-Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , May 19, 2018.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am full of relieve now. For I already had answered all the authors of this challenge in so far.

Now I hope it is okay that I wrote more than one fic about Vader and his trouble with texts. But lately I had much reason for fear & anger.

Writing helped to process my feelings in the Vader one-shoots and in writing Orson Krennic in my own special way. Brave and ever kind @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha must be totally overworked by now from all this short-notice beta-editing.

And so "A new hope" has been followed by "Under pressure", "There might be dragons" and "Every child is special". I am still working on the next Vader one-shot. Somehow one fic always leads me to the next in line: "Hallo darkness, my old friend".

Then there is still the matter of Barin Samye and his restricted growth, as fully mentioned in the fic "Evermore".

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I'm considering signing up to read and review, too, since I have already reviewed (or plan to review) several of the stories already anyway. One thing that would help me make up my mind would be knowing about how many stories we can expect to be in the final list; even just a very rough estimate would help. (That is part of why I asked about the list of stories so far; thanks for providing that, @Briannakin. :) ) I know @Ewok Poet and @Raissa Baiard have plans for contributions; anyone else? (Not trying to turn the pressure up on anyone, just curious to know so that I'll have a better idea of how to budget my time.

And as to the reviewing portion of the challenge: I take it that the reviews count even if they're posted before the August 1 story deadline? As in, the reviews I have written on stories in this challenge so far would already count? Thanks for confirming. :)

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes.

However, given the lack of enthusiasm for this challenge, and my own current health, Mav and I do still reserve the choice to cancel this review challenge come August 1st

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks for the response, @Briannakin. Hope you're doing all right and taking good care. @};-

I'll go ahead and volunteer for the reading/reviewing portion, though of course I completely respect whichever decision you and @mavjade come to on August 1.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Sign me up for the read/review challenge, too, pending your decision. Take good care, @Briannakin [:D]

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I need inspiration to be to be inspired for this. Someone, please just tell me to shut up and do it. [face_praying] [face_nail_biting]

7. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Find pen & paper and dive into it! [face_shame_on_you]

*obedient *

8. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Sending inspirational vibes your way: Ohhhhhhhhhhmmmmm......

If that doesn’t work: Do it :emperor:

Hoping I can finish a chapter of Spectre Seven for the challenge.

9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes! Just jump right in. Damn the (proton) torpedoes, full speed ahead! :D

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Got her done! [face_dancing]

The Foundling explores OC Lens Eli's feeling on adoption and the birth parents he never knew.

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, I am writing something, but it probably won't be ready for the deadline.

AzureAngel2 and Raissa Baiard like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Want me to cheer for you? :)

You can cheer for me - I have 189 words on the collective guilt story and 368 on the psychosis story (decided not to do BPD, but outright "insanity" and yes, I read a lot about it and fact-checked with people who experienced it).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    And who are you responding to?

Edit: 324 words added. Going a bit easier, now that I have decided to streamline this thing.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Ummm...you? Your post was above mine.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh.

You can cheer if you want, hip hip, etcetera.

Edit: 138 words added.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    This Hollow thing is about a Middlesex County; are you sure it is the name of the one next to where you grew up?

Wikipedia, both on a map of named West Virginia counties, and tabled list of same, do not feature a Middlesex. New Jersey, Virginia, Connecticut, and Massachusetts all have one.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm sure that's it, but it's about McDowell County, West Virginia, not Middlesex. Though funny enough, I've lived in Middlesex County in Massachusetts.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Stupid question: does August 01st count or not? I need.to know how much brute force I will.need today.

Послато са SM-J510FN уз помоћ Тапатока

Sith-I-5 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    The OP says "Before" so, no. However, I run on PST and am generally a fairly lazy person, so you'll probably have much of August 1 anyways before I post the final reading list.

Also, I want to take this opportunity to beggggg for participants. So far, we have 4 confirmed (@Ewok Poet , @Kahara , @Findswoman and @Raissa Baiard ). If your name isn't on the list and want to participate, please let me know. We will be going through with the 'competitive' portion of this challenge, but it's always more fun to have more people!

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah, McDowell. Probable mis-communication with whomever designed the fancy graphic, as that literally says in big letters:

There are 156 users who departed Middlesex County

and

Pop. of Middlesex

Soooo...

Fine, I'll be a reviewer.

I'm on the home run of the story portion.

Okay-dokey, ...You Can Hire The A-Team

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I shouldn't be posting right after waking up - sorry.

I guess I'll better get crunchin', then... :eek:

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  22. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Mira_Jade , Ewok Poet, Kahara and 4 others like this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Mine isn't going to be on the must read list for the challenge, but I wanted to write something for it anyway.

Knowing Who You Are - is a West Wing story with all OCs, the main character is bisexual.

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Here goes...for what it's worth.

This is a story about collective guilt. I often hear that "my people caused the WWI" and...don't let me started on the 1990s. I mean, I was a child, nothing that happened was my doing, OR my family's doing, yet I got bullied on the internet for years. So were my Geonosian OCs. They also have personality disorders, because I'm Ewok Poet and I have a personality disorder in partial remission myself, duh.

Here's Respawn.

This one is about drug-induced psychosis AND the way people behave when their life is in immediate danger and they're in closed space. I have not experienced the earlier, but I have seen it in my first cousin, who was in a permanent state of it from May to September 2016 when he passed away. I experienced the latter during the 1999 NATO bombardment and, well, we write what we know more often than not, don't we?

Cinders.

Just for the record, the second one was posted 4-5 minutes before the deadline and this post edited with basic info one minute before it. The further edits are just clarifications and formatting.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The start of the kindergarten year is not as stressful as I thought. And since I reviewed most stories already, please put me on the list as well.