main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saga A Montage of Melty Moments! [Spoonfuls of Mush]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 3, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WNSA Disclaimer: Borrowing shamelessly.
    Characters: All my favorite Characters from Rebels onward. :D Totally will be a mash-up of characters, because Legends ones will be there too. [face_love]
    AN: For the Spoonfuls of Mush ongoing challenge as part of Monday Mush Mania.

~~~

Surprise (Talon/Shada)

Shada was not surprised when Talon promoted her to take Mara Jade's position. She had been trained by Mara when Mara was about ready to leave Karrde's organization. Shada had a knack for working in crises and was quick-witted with words and action. No, what surprised her was that Talon was interested in her, personally.

It seemed that everyone knew this, or had surmised it, before she realized it. It was a pleasant surprise.

Present (Han/Leia)

Leia loved and was equally frustrated by the fact that Han lived in the present. He neither wallowed in the past nor brooded over the future. As someone who had more than her share of burdens to bear, this was a lesson she was a long time in learning. But she learned it, eventually. She embraced the joys of the moment, because you never knew when you would lose someone or something precious.

Together (Luke/Mara)

Something they both enjoyed was sparring. Verbally and otherwise. As blue and green eyes and vibrant lightsabers of similar hues met, sparks flew between them and it wasn't just from the physical duel.

No... Luke was all too willing to admit, the sparks had been there, at least on his side, since very early days!

"What are you gawking at, Farmboy?" Mara quipped, her lips quirking up in a knowing smirk.

"Not a thing, Jade." He rejoined unconvincingly, and she laughed, and the spar continued.

Occasion (The Wild Karrde Crew)

Mara was touched when the crew held a farewell/best of luck party for her when she officially took her leave. She had always thought of her crewmates as coworkers and staunch allies. She had barely dared hope they were friends, but it touched her deeply to find that they actually were. Karrde had always been a somewhat father figure for Mara, better than Palpatine had ever been!

Ghent ... he had followed her in early weeks and months of her employ with mooka-pup eyes, which she had sternly and persistently discouraged with thorny prickly professionalism. But gradually over time, they had bonded over an unexpected shared experience of being "the odd one" in the group.

Because (Luke, introspection)

Luke had craved adventure when he was stuck on Tatooine. He wanted to be out amongst the stars, and no doubt! He did not want to be stuck moisture farming forever, not that it wasn't an honest living, but it was not for him. But once he tasted adventure, he realized it wasn't all sweetness and light. Hard things came along with it. But something that never changed even with the hard choices and outcomes was the main reason he took on the hardest missions: he wanted to make a difference.

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this is going to be the sweetest, happiest thread on the board! That is a fact!! I'm stoked that you're taking up this challenge; I already have such a smile on my face from reading these. [face_love][face_love]

So, to begin:

Surprise - Shada is wonderfully qualified to take Mara's position in any case, but what's is so wonderfully sweet is the chance at love it did give these two. A wonderful surprise, indeed! :D

Present - That was a wonderful bit of characterization, and yet another reason why Han/Leia are so suited for each other! [face_love]

Together - Mmmhmm, that was some top quality Luke/Mara sparks there. I absolutely adore their repartee, and this was a beautiful glimpse at that! [face_mischief]

Occasion - Aw! I love Mara's gradually realizing that she has a support system. And I particularly liked the bit with Ghent. Ghent! What a dear. It was so refreshing to see so many EU faces here. Juuust as it should be. [face_love]

Because - This was a great look at Luke's evolution as a hero. No, it certainly wasn't all sweetness and light - quite the opposite, in fact, but he forged on ahead anyway and certainly made a difference in spite of the obstacles in his path. What a beautiful piece of characterization and introspection!

These were all lovely, and I can't wait to see what comes next. [face_love]

[:D]=D=

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, how wonderful to see you taking these up too, Ny—the Mush Spoonfuls project and the prompts were pretty much made for you! :D Shada is a new character to me, but I love that Mara's successor on the Wild Karrde is going to find love in this new situation of hers, just as Mara does in her own new situation. Both "Present" and "Together" were so in character for their respective pairs; I love that you interpreted "Present" as "now, in the present" and tied it in to Leia's characteristic tendencies; she too sometimes is prone to bouts of "never her mind on where she is, what she is doing," to paraphrase Yoda, but her relationship with Han definitely has helped her learn to "smell the roses" a bit more. And that's some spot-on L/M banter in "Together"—it never struck me before that they have lightsabers that are the color of the other's eyes, and how emblematic that is of their "opposites attract" dynamic, but this drabble totally made me realize that! I too enjoyed seeing the nerdy, mooka-eyed Ghent make an appearance in "Occasion," and it's a testament to how good-hearted Mara really is that she took a moment to celebrate her friendship with him. And "Because"—I don't think I've seen a more concise, more spot-on summary of Luke's journey all throughout the Saga, and it really captures that sense of hope and idealism that in a way never really leaves him. (It even kind of comes back out at the end of TLJ, in an odd way, just a little.)

Great work with these, and very much in the spirit of MMM—do keep them coming! =D=

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You deal out spoons of mush, love and happiness like Mary Poppins, Ny. Well done!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the happy moments with Luke and Mara and the Talon crew

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Time for another delightful indulgent batch of mush!

~~~

Warm -- Luke with Mara

It wasn't colder than Hoth, but it was close. A world of snowfields and glaciers ... Luke thought he would never be warm again.

He was there to meet a contact on a Jedi mission, so the last thing he expected to do was run into Mara Jade.

Luke felt warm, all over, just looking into those jade eyes of hers.
    Eyes the color of her name ...

"Something wrong, Skywalker?" Mara asked.

"Not a thing." He replied hastily.

Things were better than they'd been a handful of minutes ago ...

Fuzzy -- Jaina & Anakin

Jaina was not one for fuzzy toys, like plushy tookas or mookas. She liked being elbow-deep in the innards of the Falcon with her Dad and younger brother. If it was mechanical, they could tweak it and make it run FASTER!!!

So as a teen, if her classmates wanted to entice Jaina for some after-class relaxation, all they had to do was ask her to come and check out their X/Y/A-wing.

Anakin was the same way.

Tahiri was the only one who could get him to think of something non-tech.

Sweet -- Bail/Breha

Bail never thought there would ever be a sweeter sight than Breha holding baby Leia. After so many miscarriages, he and she had despaired of having their own youngling.

As heart-breaking as that realization was, it was way better than losing his wife would have been!

Though Leia had come to them under very strange and complicated circumstances, he loved her no less than if she had been his biological daughter.

When Breha caught him doing "Peek-a-boo" with Leia, she laughed & said: "Now isn't that just sweet!"

Cute -- Han introspection

No, Han did not think Ewoks were cute, not the real things, nor the near-to-life size one Wes Janson used as a prank!

Please!

So when he met an actual Ewok slicer, Han realized the galaxy had just gotten a LOT stranger!

The only weirder thing would have been a Jedi Gungan!

Snuggle -- Kyp/Sevrina (my OC for an RPG)

Kyp Durron dashed to the quarters of Knight Sevrina Bendal when she returned from her latest mission with Knight Kirana Ti.

She was injured after a run-in with pirates. He hadn't realized how much the Noorian had come to mean to him until he had received the notice/update of her injury.

She was recovering, taking it easy, watching a holo-vid of a purely and unabashedly sentimental tone and content.

She beamed upon seeing him and invited him to join her on her couch for a viewing. There were snacks of sliders and fizz-ale. He sat next to her, just to keep her company, of course.

For her part, Sevrina was delighted to snuggle with the delectable Master Durron!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And I am delighted to have read about so much warmth, fuzziness, sweetness, cuteness & snuggle from various angles & persons. EU legends and canon ones. Thank you!

8. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Decided to explore here more and came across this!! You're such a talented writer, especially when it comes to this fuzzy stuff :) And I absolutely love reading about the EU characters, you portray them so well! =D==D=[face_love]:cool:

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Another adorable batch, and a wonderful assortment of characters and relationship types, from romance to close-to-romance to parent-baby (aww, little Leia!) to new friends (as I am guessing the Ewok slicer will become to Han). And it was an especial treat to meet your OC Sevrina! I love Kyp’s drop-everything concern her when he learns of her injury; his presence will bring some much-needed joy and warmth to her recovery. Wonderful, as always, to see you continuing with these—they really are right up your alley! =D=

10. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Aww!! [face_love][face_love][face_love] These are so adorable, and quite worthy of the name Melty Moments ;) I love your portrayal of the characters and the dialogue!!! Gotta say the Mara + Luke ones may have been my favorite... :cool::cool:

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These continue to be such a treat! :D

Warm: Oh, much better indeed! The poor man is smitten - but rightly so. [face_mischief][face_love]

Fuzzy: That's our girl! Build it bigger and faster. :p But what's truly great about Jaina's love of machinery is how much it bonds her to her father and her little brother. And like Anakin figured out slightly earlier than her, there's always someone who can help divert that focus and attention! [face_mischief][face_whistling]

Sweet: My heart completely twisted in the best of ways reading this. Just so beautiful!!

Cute: [face_laugh] Don't give the universe ideas now, Han! :p

Snuggle: Sevrina!! I have looked forward to meeting her for a while now, and now that we have I can't wait to see more of her! What a beautifully warm and toasty drabble. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all for the great reviews. @};- I'm having way too much fun with these!
    AN: This set of spoonfuls is interconnected with one pairing and timeframe. :)

~~~~~~~~!!!

Attentive -- Leia/Han [soon after the Battle of Yavin]

Leia was not paying attention to anything General Riekkann was saying, at least not entirely. She was thinking about Han and when he would return.

After a brief trip to Ord Mantell for supplies, she had secretly hoped he would stick around, but at the first chance, he had dashed off again, to her unending frustration!

Leia shook herself out of her reverie. Pay attention, Leia! She scolded herself.

Mon Mothma cast a glance at Leia in puzzlement, noticing the latter's unusual distractedness.

Baffled

Han strolled into the base again, with an air of "here I am."
    He was completely baffled by Leia's cold greeting. (He'll just vanish again, so why get all excited, Leia told herself sternly.)
    What'd he expect, after all? It wasn't like she owed him anything...right?
    He only knew that it did bother him.

"So, anything exciting happen while I was gone?" He asked.

"Define exciting." Leia retorted. "No, just the regular grind. In between hair-raising action, I am afraid running the Rebellion consists of a whole lot of necessary details and data-filing."

Cautious

Han approached getting "all caught up" in the Rebl cause with a heavy dose of caution. He didn't want to commit to anything or anyone, thank you.

That way led to nothing but a huge headache for all concerned.

He certainly did not probe the motive or the "who" that had captured his loyalty so completely.

Nope, best not go there.

Hopeful

There were times when Han caught Leia looking at him, and it sparked a surge of hopefulness.

Hope related to what, he did not even want to admit.

As for Leia, the longer Han stuck around, the deeper her hope grew that he was finally starting to care about something besides himself ... something, or someone?

Where had that come from?

Curious

Luke watched the interplay between his friends, Leia and Han, with a strong sense of curiosity. They snarked and bantered, but sometimes, no, somewhat more often than sometimes, he caught a flare of something bright and sizzly in the air between them.

Luke was just getting used to tuning into the Force, into its ebbs and currents.

It felt like, whenever Leia and Han were in the same room, dare he say that the Force ...hummed?

++++

[face_laugh] [face_mischief]

It does that a lot with OTPs. [face_shhh]

[face_love]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I have been waiting for this update very attentive. Now I am completely baffled. Very cautious I read word for word. Hopeful and curious I wait for the next. :D

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    this makes my day, reading all the fun with the characters as they were during the saga and beyond
    More Mara-snark please and of course Han and Leia

15. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Very nice snippets. Great reading. Lynda V.

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this was just a wonderful look at the penultimate Star Wars couple - at such a pivotal point in their relationship! [face_love]

Yep, there's no telling what's distracting Leia at all. :p [face_mischief] I love that Leia is self-aware enough to know that she's distracted, but she has so much will and fire that she's going to fight her attraction every step of the way. (Especially after losing so much - she's not going to add Han to that list if she gets in too deep, only for him not to stick around.) They do have a bit of moon and tides thing going on here - especially with Han fighting his attraction in the same yet opposite way. These poor, unfortunately clueless idiots. They'll figure it out. Just as Luke - to some extent, and the Force already has! I loved the 'sizzle' in the air that Luke can sense. The Force certainly knows what and why it wants - and I love the idea of it playing unwitting matchmaker. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that last drabble, and this entire set as a whole.

Beautiful work, my friend! As always. [face_love]=D=[:D]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy :D ... a mixed bag again. :cool:

"Watch"

Wedge Antilles was looking through old logs of his days commanding Rogue and then Wraith Squadrons.

A more zany but competent bunch he had never known since.

Wes & Hobbie had definitely left their mark on both squadrons. The pranking ... better watch out for those 2, and keep on high alert.

Wedge was glad that all that had happened at Adumar hadn't intimidated Iella and made her think Wedge was also unfortunately 1 duracrete block short of a load.

"Listen"

Mara Jade liked to soak up the quiet of night watch on the Wild Karrde. She heard the near-silent whir of background hyperdrive motivators & the continually updating hum of the navcomputer. There was a drawback to the quiet though: her mind could go places she didn't want it to.

Past missions as the Hand of the Emperor, not so much...

Where her mind wandered almost without her conscious effort was to the laughing blue eyes of a certain Jedi ... his gentle compassion and trust of her when she had literally done nothing to earn it...

Karrde noticed her preoccupation and asked what was behind it.

"Nothing." Mara retorted sharply. Better keep it that way, too.

"Learn"

Tahiri learned quickly to steer clear of Jacen Solo who was more than willing to show her his latest "pet" project, literally, a live bit of Yavin 4 wildlife.

No thanks!

She also found out pretty fast that Anakin was the easier one to get along with. He didn't argue with the instructors or raise so many unanswerable philosophical questions.

When Tenel Ka joined their group of friends, Tahiri's interest was aroused. It looked like Jacen had a new ... fascination.

She pointed this out to Anakin who smiled.

"She's the only one who puts up with his particular brand of humor."

"Feel"

It was almost like silk, the way the starlines flowed past the cockpit viewpanel. It was hypnotic and mesmerizing. The patterns of colors and intricate swirls was beautiful.

Hyperspace was not just a navigational convenience, Luke thought, but something marvelous.

"Believe"

Han was ready to believe in something besides the next lucky sabacc hand or quick bluff to get out of a sticky situation.

He was ready to believe that there was someone out there who cared about him.

Leia ...

What was even more startling was he was ready to believe that they were meant to be together, and he was determined to make her happy. He was ready to not just take, but to give.

+++

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love all of them with the snarky and witty remarks

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Don't mind me, just happily basking in these Legends goodies. What a perfect treat to start the morning with! [face_love]

Watch: Oh, what fun a fun reminder of the . . . shenanigans the Rogue and Wraith squadrons are capable of. :p Wedge certainly has his hands full - but of course Iella loves him for it anyway. [face_love]

Listen: What a wonderful piece of Mara introspection! - especially that last line. So spot on accurate! That was certainly our lady in a nutshell. =D=

Learn: There's a shoe for every foot, that's for certain - or not, in Tahiri's case. :p I love Tahiri's observations - and the outside view of Tenel Ka and Jacen! [face_love]

Feel: Oh, Luke! [face_love] There's such a wide eyed wonderful and fascination for the galaxy that's such an intrinsic part of his character - or, at least, that's the way I've always viewed him. Disney may disagree. ;) This little snippet was a perfect way to capture and express that. So beautiful! [face_love]

Believe: I couldn't help a big ol' sappy grin for this one. What a beautiful realization for Han to reach! I loved every word of it. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great job continuing these, and I love seeing so much Han/Leia represented here; they really are the quintessential SW couple, and you understand them and their motivations so well. :han: :leia: Plus, I totally recognize that telltale hum in the Force that Luke is picking up on from them! [face_love] I loved seeing the various Legends couples and friends here too: Wedge remembering past missions and old buddies, Mara's wistful memory of that one blue-eyed Jedi, Tahiri and Anakin and Jacen and Tenel Ka gravitating each toward their perfect complements, and even Luke contemplating the beauty of hyperspace as it swirls by—a place where the Force works in a very special way. Keep the sweet spoonfuls coming; they're always a treat, especially from one of our foremost mush specialists! =D= =D=

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am grateful that the legends are alive in your mushy goodies, leading us all to a galaxy far, far away before the universe was turned upside down by the Mouse! ;)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Breathe" Han/Leia after Endor

The action was so fast-paced that Han barely had time to breathe. Taking care of the shield generator, having the Ewoks as allies, quite the unique experience! But what made it all the more surreal was Leia's revelations about Vader and Luke. Suddenly, the friend he had thought could/might be a romantic rival turned out to be a literal relation to Leia and a heart-brother to himself.

It was a lot to take in.

"Sigh" Anakin Solo/Tahiri

"What are you looking at?" Tahiri demanded as she tucked her saber away. Its blade was as green as her eyes.

"Nothing. You want to go for a swim?" He asked.

"Sure!"

When she met him at the lakeside, wearing a 2-piece swim suit in a light blue color, she caught him looking again and sighed. Why couldn't he admit it if he found her pretty?

"Gasp" Hera/Kanan

Kanan gasped as the Ghost lurched. Chopper, was he tinkering or fixing the stabilizer? Did he/it know what he/it was doing? Kanan wasn't used to droids with so much personality. He also wasn't used to a partner who was so ... exotic. Hera's coloring was so exquisite and her voice so melodic.

He had to force himself to stay focused and not be distracted.

"Pant" Kirana & Kyp

Their sparring matches were always fierce. Neither gave ground easily. Kirana finally capitulated and gasped as she settled on the repulsor seats surrounding the sparring salle reserved for spectators.

"That was quite the match." She said.

Her apprentice, Sevrina Bendal, came in at that moment and gawked at Kyp openly. He was wearing an outfit which made it easy to move in a spar & which not coincidentally showed off his fine physique.

Kirana chuckled at Sevrina's open admiration. "I think you've captured my apprentice's attention, Master Durron."

Kyp grinned while Sevrina blushed.

"Exhale" Mara and Mirax

Mirax had asked Mara to help with a consignment of valuable medical supplies. Mirax was stopping by Yavin IV to see her husband, Corran and asked Mara if she wanted to come along.

"Now whyever would I want to do that?" Mara said with an air of mystification.

Mirax laughed. "To see Luke, of course."

Mara gave Mirax a look as if to say: You must be out of your mind, but she agreed anyway.

When Luke and Corran greeted the ladies as they emerged from the Pulsar Skate it was as if the Force itself exhaled as Luke and Mara locked gazes.
    +++++

[face_laugh] [face_love]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Now I have the song "Breath" from Midge Ure in my mind. Especially the lines:

Breathe some soul in me
    Breathe your gift of love to me
    Breathe life to lay 'fore me
    Breathe to make me breathe

Your fic is so perfectlyHan and Leia. @};-[face_love]

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Another sweet set! [face_love] As always, great job matching the prompt words with the characters. Han really does have a lot to process right after Endor, on so many levels—the unexpected allies, the winning of the war against all odds, and of course what he now knows about Luke and Leia that is a huge load off his heart and a huge gift, too. Anakin and Tahiri are adorable—she's definitely got his adoring glances figured out! ;) And Kanan's love for Hera sometimes takes him as much by surprise as a gasping lurch from the Ghost itself during battle—yes, he sometimes has to "focus," as he himself so often tells his own apprentice to do, but he'll find that Hera herself becomes part of his focus. [face_love] What a cute hint of future attraction between Kyp and Sevrina in "Pant"—what is it about intense physical activity that has that effect? ;) And very sweet to see friends Mara and Mirax heading to Yavin to see their men—I am sure the Force made a beautiful sound in that moment when they stepped off the ship. @};- Thanks for sharing more lovely moments with us, and keep them coming! =D=

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I always have such a smile on my face after reading your drabbles, and these were no exception. It's especially lovely to see our Legends favourites shining here, too. It's like things never changed! [face_love]

Breathe - That really is the word to sum this one up! That's a whirlwind of a few days for Han, and a lot to take in. But, in the end, it's just like he's known all along. [face_love]

Gasp - Poor Kanan! His world is turning on every front. But that's okay - it already seems like he's learning to like the changes. [face_tee_hee]

Pant - Oooh, I already CANT WAIT for your diary next year! There are already such sparks between Kyp and Sevrina. And Kirana Ti, too? Sign me up! :D

Exhale - Mara and Mirax!! Now there's a Legends dream team if there ever was one. I love the teasing and affection in their friendship. And, of course, their coming back to their fellas. The Force has a lot to sing about there!

Wonderful work, as always, my friend! =D= =D=