main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - The First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM) Day 5!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Which "Disney Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2019.
  1. Episode VII - The Force Awakens

14.3%
  2. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

25.7%
  3. ROGUE One: A Star Wars Story

45.7%
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

2.9%
  5. The Pillar of Storge: A Pillar of Storge Story

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this is how it's done

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Ah, @Dagobahsystem, sorry I missed you off (What is it with usernames starting with D?).

Indeed, I was leaving you for the sequel, of course, that's right. ;)

3. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Yeah, I know Dhalia Dcta, Dedi Dnight Dett, dubman987, deels1785, Drime_Dedi, d_heffley, Dalency Dane, D99, Deagoat.....

4. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    In my defense, I was temporarily under the influence of the Cult of Kali.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Every time I hear George talk about what Disney/LFL did to him I get disappointed.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yes, giving him the billions of dollars he asked for is indeed a tragic tale. I wish him peace.

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Mornings![face_coffee]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah I don't understand this Lucas is a "victim" thing...he didn't want to make Star Wars anymore and he chose to sell it for more money than I can even conceive of having. And he still gets to be involved a bit too while avoiding all the criticism over every little detail of the new movies

9. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    I don't know, I can conceive of having quite a bit.

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SM-G935A mit Tapatalk

10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The rumor is Kylo is going to tell Rey of The Tragedy of George Lucas the Creator in Ep. IX.

11. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    lol ;)

12. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I know right, I am currently working my way through Fourier series and Fourier transforms, and that is 112 pages :_| Thankfully I did it in my second year, so it is not completely new. Although, I have forgotten how to do most of it. :p

darkspine10 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  13. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    I'm in no mood for work. What about you guys?

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Nope

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I never want to do work, but here I am at college

Valency Jane and s_heffley like this.
  16. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Actually, I am. For once.

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I mean the only reason he gave up Star Wars was because of the bullying he got. And Bob Iger himself said his 7-9 treatment was great, but Disney tossed GL overboard the first chance they got despite GL wanting to collaborate. So ya, I'd say he's a victim. Maybe not the biggest victim ever (as you said he got a few billion for it) but he does fit the definition.

18. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    That's because he's not.

Star Wars is.

19. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    I wouldn't call him a victim, but I do dislike that they seemingly threw him away in regards to the story, because while I understand that "he got 4 billion dollars", imo he should still be able to be involved in the story he created.

And yeah, Star Wars feels like a standard factory product now.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Lucas sold his property. He chose to sell it, chose who to sell it to, and chose who would run it within that company. They were under no obligation to ask GL for his thoughts or input on anything after that. He knowingly gave them that right.

I don’t know if the one and only reason he sold the property was the trauma of a percentage of the fanbase not liking the prequels. I recall reading that he was relieved to not have to endure the criticism, but he’d largely stepped away from filmmaking after Red Tails, at least for a while. If he was selling only due to reactions to the PT, hard to see why he waited ten years.

That’s all from me on this. Hope everyone’s having a good one.

21. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    What kind of pirated copies of the OT and PT do you have that weren't made in a factory?

22. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    That's not what I meant. While George Lucas obviously made Star Wars with getting money in mind, but it was definitely a sort of "passion project" for him, he wanted people to see his vision, while imo it seems that 99% of the thought process of everything in regards to Star Wars now is "$$$$$$$$$$".

23. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I don't know about that. Consider you're working on the next Star Wars movie. Are you gonna pour your heart and soul into it, or are you gonna just say, "Screw it, we're gonna get money no matter what." By doing that you'll miss a super opportunity. There's gotta be some amount of passion that goes into it. The problem is it's different from what Lucas would have it be, so apparently that means it's passionless and greedy.

24. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Dang everybody is extra salty about Greg Lukis and Didney today

Like, I don't get how it's that upsetting either way

25. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018

Um no, I clearly never said anything about it being "passionless and greedy" just because it's different from Lucas. Heck, as far as I know, they didn't even have a freaking story for the ST planned out beforehand, they didn't even really have a "plan". Instead of having one coherent vision, and hired a director or directors to make that vision come to life. Instead, they seemingly just hired people and said "ok make a movie" and JJ and Rian seem to have different visions, and I also don't really like that we've had 4 films in 3 years. But saying that I hate anything that's not George Lucas is just putting words in my mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.