main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Sure, but that wouldn't exactly be ignoring it. If he really ignored it, he might end up contradicting it.
    But yeah, if that's what you mean by ignoring, then I agree; It's very possible, even likely, that there won't be much (if any) talk about that, since EpIX will be about the next step in the story.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    How do the dice continue to appear after Luke dies? Any strength he had has gone as he just manages to sit on the rock...peacefully passing into the netherworld of the Force.

3. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    The same reason Kylo Ren and Rey linked up one last time before Rey shut the door in his face. Luke (who is now more powerful than we can possibly imagine) made it so...to drive his final lesson to Kylo Ren...."I'll always be with you."

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The dice died along time ago on Kessell and were appearing to Kylo as a Force Ghost.

5. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Where is the evidence Luke did that?

Why doesn't Luke connect Leia and Kylo?

The distance is the most likely reason, Kylo doesn't appear at the Falcon door nor does Rey appear in the hangar control centre. Their telepathic connection wasn't anything not seen in the OT, Leia saw Luke hanging from the weather vane beneath Cloud City just as Kylo sees Rey shutting the door on him.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  6. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    *doesn't think Luke is responsible for Rey's Force connection with Kylo*

7. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    The fact the dice (which Kylo was holding) disappears around the same time the vision ends....and Luke is now one with the force and more powerful than Kylo could possibly imagine

Because Kylo promised to destroy Rey....and here she is slipping beyond his grasp, and making it clear she's rejecting the path he offered her.

Also....Kylo is Not Vader, he's not motivated or affected by familia love....not enough to change his path. Thus....showing him Leia would do no good.

8. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm pretty sure Rey and Kylo is just like Luke and Leia at the end of TESB not projection/force Skype. Snoke is gone and they're both on the same planet not too far from each other.

Django Fett likes this.
  9. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    The Force Ghost of a little green sylop has been haunting Lando for years. I wonder if he'll be visited by it in IX.

10. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Not quite. it showed there is still a spark of feeling for his mother, otherwise he would've blown her to bits in his TIE. Leia is the key, she always has been just like Shmi was key to Anakin taking his first steps on his downward spiral.

Who does Kylo hold dear to him? Rey? His mother? His grandfather?

Who does Kylo hate? His uncle, his father and Snoke. His feelings for his mother have yet to be truly explored.

TadoFett and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  11. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    That was before the throne room scene, after that point he tries to kill the entire resistance....which his mother is apart of, and he knows it. He hesitated when it came to his mother...once...just like he hesitated with his father....however, in the end his desire trumped familial connection.

I think Kylo realized, as Snoke taunts Rey, on some level that his mentors rant and chewing out earlier in the film was designed to make him question himself so that Rey would sense that brief conflict and be suckered into Snoke's clutches. That's why he decides to kill the past, to remove the things he feels are impeding his path to power.

Like I said, so far we've gotten no indication that his fall into darkness was motivated by attachment, like Anakin, and even though he might hesitate when it came to his parents...in most cases that hesitation was eventual followed up by an attempt to kill them (Han on SKB, Leia on Crait)

12. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    Before Carrie's passing I believe the relationship between Ben/Leia would have been a major plot point aimed at helping to conclude things in ep 9. I still feel JJ is trying to work that in somehow so I will not be surprised to see them interact in an important way.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    For all we know his troops had orders not to kill Leia.

14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    That would have been key information for Johnson to include. Since it wasn't, I can't think that it's true. Kylo was down on Crait very angry and intent on ending the Resistance. Rey asks Kylo to stop the canons that are firing on the Resistance transports and he doesn't do it. For all he knew one of those canon blasts could have blown his mother to smithereens.

As for Episode 9, I think JJ will use footage somehow to have Leia and Kylo talking to one another telepathically using ADR and shots of Carrie as Leia just standing around or with her eyes closed. I think Kylo may also have a dream of some kind that includes Leia in it. So that may be our two instances of interaction between mother and son, Force talking and a dream.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  15. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    By the time we get to Supreme Leader Kylo stage he is in a moment of clarity, he's not raging, he's thinking clearly even if he's not entirely truthful. Does he realise that his mother is vulnerable, does he believe his mother won't be killed or does it not even enter his head because he's so focused on Rey and getting her to stand by him?

By the time Kylo gets to Crait he's just so enraged, he's livid and lost all comprehension of reality. He orders his troops to give no mercy, he wants them all dead but he's not facing his mother himself!!!

A face to face with his mother is something totally different, could Kylo drive his lightsaber blade through Leia's heart as he'd done to Han?

Rodie and Birkendoc like this.
  16. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    "Kill the past, it's the only way to become what you were destined to be"

And then he tells Rey to stop holding onto things like her family and friends....if he's telling Rey to do that...then he's most likely already done that in his own mind. Whatever feelings he has for his mother...they won't stop him from doing what he must to achieve his destiny...just like with Han.

Yes, because he's done it once before, because his current attitude is all about killing the past, because he ordered Rey shot down, and because he's already accepted his mother has to die when he allowed the FO to fire on the Resistance.

17. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Thanks God Luke can come back as a force ghost unlike Han Solo......

18. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Rey finding Luke's force with his back towards her: Master Skywalker!
    Ghost Luke: Go Away!
    Rey: Wow, he hasn't changed one bit.

rorow1 likes this.
  19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Rey finds the cut off hand of Luke and gives it to him
    Luke FG throws it away

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Millennium Falcon’s been a force ghost since we first saw it on Tatooine. Luke, Han and Obi-Wan died in space when they left Tatooine in ANH, because the force ghost Falcon couldn’t materialize a pressurized cabin or a healthy oxygen/ nitrogen/ CO2 mix. Everything after that has been an asphyxiation-induced dream. The truth is that they died, the galaxy went to hell, and everyone went mad. George Lucas’ Star Wars is a lie. David Lynch’s Star Wars is real.

Darth Nikean and Siphonophore like this.
  21. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Ok follow me here I think JJ will follow the act 3 structure of George's prequel trilogy.What does this mean?George had what 3 or 4 story arcs going at the same time in act 3 of all 3 prequel movies.Let's use Revenge of the Sith as an example we had Order 66,Obiwan vs Anakin,Yoda vs Emperor what will be the structure for 9 in act 3?Space battle(mother of all battles),Kylo vs Rey,and what?The Knights?Luke?something else is going to happen like Yoda vs the Emperor.What are peoples thoughts on what the 3 or 4 things will be?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Darth Nikean likes this.
  22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    And David Lynch's real Star Wars is actually a virtual simulation inside of David Cronenberg's Star Wars, involving Christopher Nolan's Star Wars taking it to the next level, in which it's actually Peter Bonerz' Star Wars, where Force Ghost Luke wake up and he's Bob Newhart. Bob wakes from his dream, and Ebenezer Scrooge says: "You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!”
    The scene will incorporate Sir Alec Guinness as the spirit of Jacob Marley, and Dave Chappelle as the spirit of Bob Marley. The two then go into a new rendition of "We are Marley and Marley..... OOOoooooo" from The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    It's strange that both of Luke's OT lightsabers were handled very oddly in the ST. His blue saber, once thought lost, turns up unexpectedly with a new character without explanation. His green saber is vanished and never seen without any explanation either--even though we have flashbacks and lots of TLJ dialog from Luke about the past.

Why not keep it simpler and have Luke's green saber be the "Excaliber" saber in the ST, Maz giving that one to Rey (no younglings murder or dark side baggage and it's easier to explain that Luke cast it aside and Maz picked it up, etc).

I'm fine with a devastated Luke casting his lightsaber aside after his Jedi school is destroyed but we never see that, what would have been a powerful, defining moment to see on screen, so instead we are only left to guess what happened to that lightsaber and what it means that Luke doesn't use it. *Even in Force Projection form Luke refuses to use his green lightsaber!

Hopefully we get an answer to one of these things in 9 or a future book or comic.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  24. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    "No quarter, no prisoners."

Rodie likes this.
  25. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Fair enough, I had forgotten about that line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.