main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks. :) No biggie if it's veto'd, of course. I'd just feel much more comfortable.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Question has been asked.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It seems to be an option again

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I updated the permissions for Regular Users yesterday to allow it again after discussion in our mod forum. I'm pretty sure it was the upgrade that removed it. We were on such an old version of Xenforo (and the add-on that allows the function) that people had probably requested that the option be controlled by user permissions and the developer changed it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Is there any chance that the edit time limit can be increased to 12h or 24h? I can understand the need of a time limit to prevent abuse, but I think giving a day to fix some typos or mistakes can be handy and is not that big of a time period to give to the users. Sometimes a person only notices such things much later.

Ghost likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I doubt we will do that. However, if you have mistakes or double post you can use the Report function to report it. All of the mods can see what's in the queue.

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Or, proofread your posts so that you don't have typos. ;)

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    "Sometimes a person only notices such things much later."

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like our extended outage was caused by a problem with the host, which may or may not be resolved as the alert on the host's status page has not been marked as 'resolved' yet. Our sister site Rebelscum was similarly affected.

Edit - Issue is now 'resolved' on the status page.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  10. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Everything should be resolved, if you notice anything not working drop me a note.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks Grahame!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I've been able to post in regular threads, but not in conversations. Others seem to be able to post in them. I.E., as recently as yesterday a new reply appeared in 2 of them but this a.m., I got "a server error has occurred. Please try again later" message. Thx.

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm experiencing difficulty in changing my avatar. Is anyone else having this problem?

14. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    If I click on "watched threads" says I have none,go to threads I know were on watch and it will say in top right "watched thread"

V-2 likes this.
  15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Can't post in a conversation thread (my PT trivia answer thread with Guidman), due to a 'server error'. This has persisted over the last 3 hours.

Also can't see any of my watched threads. The page numbers display at the top, but none of the thread titles are visible.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Now that you others mention it, my watched threads don't appear either. I bookmark that so I can click on them. Yesterday they appeared and there were two I hadn't clicked on but this morning they'd disappeared.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, my PMs are messed up, as well... makes me wonder how private they actually are.

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    +1
    I just realised how much I rely on the watched threads function.

V-2 and Master_Rebado like this.
  19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I am having PM trouble, too. I keep getting a notification saying that someone has sent me a new private message, but oddly, when I try to click to it, it, it just shows me a "page 8" of our conversation with nothing on it. It's done the same on both my iPhone and my laptop. I also tried to post in the said conversation to let the person know what was happening, in case that would somehow make the new message appear (!), but I too got the "server error" message when I tried to do that. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have. @};-

ThisIsMe1138 likes this.
  20. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    +1
    Watched threads and conversations are messed up.

Findswoman and V-2 like this.
  21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah, the site says I'm not watching any threads, but I am (or was) watching a few dozen.
    That is, when I click through to all watched threads, rather than just 'active' watched threads (https://boards.theforce.net/watched/threads/all) it says, "You are not watching any threads."

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Findswoman likes this.
  22. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    In some of my PMs I can't see any messages and if I try to post it says, "server error occurred, please try again later", but for other PM's I'm not having a problem...

Edit: Ah, yeah, my watched threads are messed up too

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Findswoman likes this.
  23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, just noticed the same thing on my end, because I just received a PM from someone else (an all-new one, not a response to a preexisting PM thread), and that one worked fine. And ditto on the watched threads.

24. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    My problem seems to be with PMs that were replied to before this started, but that I haven't read yet. Ones that haven't been opened/replied to work fine... is your the same?

Findswoman likes this.
  25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, that one that I could open just came in this morning, and by way of experiment I just tried to open different PM thread from before this started (one without any new messages in it), and it had the problem.