main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS: RESCORED (music)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by RebelMusicScum, May 14, 2018.

1. RebelMusicScum

RebelMusicScum Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2018
    So I've done a few compositions over the past several years designed around a variety of Star Wars content, which I've posted on my YT channel. I've noticed there's been a massive influx of SW fan content being posted lately and so I figure this is as good a time as any to jump on the band wagon and join the community. Feedback is welcome. Links below:

STAR WARS DESTROYER

SPEEDER BIKE CHASE (ROTJ)

STAR WARS LIBERATION

2. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    And Here's a villain theme I've been working on :

3. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    And I had also done some work on the first half of SW Destroyer:

4. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    By the way, if anyone likes the piece I wrote for Destroyer, I enabled downloads on my soundcloud:

I know it's got problems, some of them fundamental, but I know there are other issues that I can't see right now because of how close I've been to it since I started. I've worked on incorporating a more interesting chord sequence and some variations over the past few months, but given that the only thing left would be to finish scoring the rest of the film, if it doesn't do anything for anyone, I figure it might be time to start over with a new subject.

I've been toying with a melody for Lost Patrol over the past few days, but if there are any suggestions for other SW content to be re-scored, well, this hobby is what's keeping me sane lately. I think I'm about ready to start on a new creative endeavor and would welcome suggestions or feedback, including (in fact, especially) negative feedback. I just want to get better, even if that means unlearning what I have learned, stretching out with my feelings and taking some steps into a larger world.

*Don't worry about offending me, I've worked retail for five years, I can take it. It's just been a very long time since I have meaningfully interacted with a creative community and I'm just so...very...extremely...bored. Tosche Station is out of power converters and the T-16 is down for repairs; that's where I'm at folks.

5. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Here's the primary melody I've been working on for Lost Patrol (solo trumpet line):

6. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Oh and I did a little arrangement of Yoda's theme a long time ago:

7. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Work in Progress themes:

8. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    And textural development:

9. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Rough Preview for Dark Resurgence :

10. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Dark Resurgence Rebel Theme Preview:

11. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Rough Draft of opening monologue cue for The Dark Resurgence using the chord progression of the Rebel Theme I've been working on.

12. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Progress? Barely usable, but hopefully.......kinda Star Wars-y:

13. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Progress has been slow, but I've still been working on the Re-Score for THE DARK RESURGENCE. Here I have a partial (and somewhat rough) sketch for a cue that would lead into the end credits:

Since both Vycus's theme and the Rebel theme are in D minor, transitioning and blending seem to be working okay, and since the rebel theme briefly drifts into Bb major, there's a path for getting to and from the John Williams stuff. Pay the bassoon crap at the end no mind. It's just a place holder for transitioning to a concert suite version of the rebel theme.

I don't know how long this will take (with work and other things ramping up suddenly). I was originally hoping to have everything squared away in a few weeks, but I'm probably going to need to give myself an extension here. Good thing it's a hobby, lol.

Make sure to visit Mike the Marine's channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBnCiK_9eF96-fyN1zEPCQ )/ He recently did a commentary track for DR which should be of interest to anyone who follows the fan film scene. I corresponded with him briefly and he gave his blessing for me to go ahead with this rescore. I'll give him a proper shout out and thanks when I'm done (whenever that is)

14. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    More development on my sketch for Dark Resurgence:

15. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    : Rough, dirty sketch (work in progress) of the Rebel theme for Dark Resurgence

16. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Been trying to develop textures and extrapolate melodies from the primary motives (For Dark Resurgence) Here:

17. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Which version of this introductory cue do you prefer for DARK RESURGENCE (not including what is mixed with the narration since that's part of the original footage)?

18. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    Done a lot of work on Dark Resurgence. Here's where I am on the opening:

19. RebelMusicScum

May 13, 2018
    More opening development from a few weeks ago. I got stuck, bad. I'm not totally out of it yet, but I've put myself in an ugly position. D minor......or G minor. :mad: