main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Apr 26, 2018.

1. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I hope they still pay Lucasfilm the going rate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I am really hoping that when we start to get information on all these new ships we are seeing we get more than just Incom, CEC, Sorosuub, and what not.

I want them to dig deep into Legends for some manufacturers for the ships. Give us Hoersch-Kessel Drive and Ubrikkian and CorelliSpace and such.

3. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    What's with the universal low-energy reaction to this show?

There's barely any news or retweets about it. Episode discussion on here and Reddit are in the double digits.

I know Rebels declined to current 300k-400k levels around Season 4 but we're at the premiere episodes.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    very likely poor marketing and the air time.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    No, I think that it is just where general Star Wars interest is at the moment, relatively low.

V-2 likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Lol. Any chance you can get, eh?

DarthHass and Darth_Voider like this.
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    What? [face_dunno]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Any chance you get to state with certainty that “general interest” in Star Wars is low, you take it. Seems to me. Limited conversation about a cartoon on one of the least populated forums of one Star Wars messageboard does not translate to low general interest. It translates to low niche interest.

DarthHass and Darth_Voider like this.
  9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Still haven't watched the first episode, but unlike a certain movie that I don't want to mention i'm still interested in this!

Just not as interested as the last season of Star Wars Rebels or the Second season of the Freemakers series!

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We had The Triple Dark on Disney XD this morning. So far I'm a bit underwhelmed. The only character I've really warmed to is Yeager, probably because he is older. I just find Neeku annoying. I'll watch a couple more episodes and see if things get better.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

Would that movie happen to be Episode 9?

12. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    So where are the most populated Star Wars message boards these days?

13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Another site I am on...not a specific SW one but a lot of fans.....they are saying they are done altogether with SW because of their feelings about TFA and TLJ.

14. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    That sucks. I think it’s their loss in my opinion.

I personally think this show is flying under the radar because it’s not your traditional Star Wars show — no Jedi force lightsabers etc. And it’s in a timeline that is still kind of hard to explain. I’ve found myself having to take some time to explain where it fits (rebellion? Resistance? Death Star? Oh starkiller?). But kids get it easily. And the ones I know (son, nephew) like it.

I love it because it’s DIFFERENT. To a degree. I’m tired of whiny teenagers but I can give Kaz a break. At least he’s not Ezra.

15. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Each property needs to be taken on its own merits....I have no love for the ST...but love the anthology films. I am also hoping to like Resistance...but look at my comments on Kaz in Resistance thread. As an adult and military veteran I am disappointed in his story arc so far.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  16. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Really? That leaped out at me from the get-go as a nice homage. Hoping it means he's destined for some great act of heroism.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I was referring to the Star Wars TV forum not being the most populated forum on the JCF.

18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I think it has a lot do do with the demographic that Resistance is aimed at. Just wait until the Clone Wars and Mandalorian hit next year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think interest in Star Wars is at an all time low, I think that interest in this show is very low. And I'm saying this as one of the people who like it

The Shadow Emperor and EHT like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. Which relates to how niche this audience is here at JCF. Most of us, simply put, are not of the target age group for Resistance.

21. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Kaz is a sheltered 20 year old I don't see where u could compare himself to yourself he doesn't have that much experience and isn't a military vet so I dunno what ur expecting from his character arc

22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I was young when I served....military people have a certain bearing and discipline...it is instilled in Boot Camp (enlisted) and Officers Candidate School (officers). These carry over throughout your time in service and after you leave service....no matter your lack of military experience after your training and getting to your first unit. Kaz is too much of a spaz...that would have been drilled out of him at the academy.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  23. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    makes sense but would it be the same thing as the new republic was actively demilitaring I can see it being drilled out in the sates and other countries but New republic seems to be design differently. so would he do the same drills or would he just fly through with the strings his father pulled for him ? this just brings up questions as to why Han was still a Smart ass during his time in the imperial military

DarthHass likes this.
  24. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    No the other one!

I have a bad habit of using it in examples!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I got a definite 'Red Baron' vibe when I saw the red TIE Interceptor and the pilot in a red flight suit. (WWI German ace, for those who don't know).

whostheBossk and jedi-soon like this.