main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    Sounds promising enough but this seems like a lot at once given Iger's saying they'd slow down a bit.

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yes!!!!!!! =D= Dantooine please please please!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder if Gareth Edwards will have any role in the production. It'd be nice if he at least directs an episode or two.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I bet we see him capture K2-S0 and reprogram him.

5. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Yet another series to pin to the top of the forums. I'm going to very interested to see how many series threads we have pinned in here by this time next year.

This one sounds pretty cool, though, definitely looking forward to learning more.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm more exited for this and The Mandalorian than for EpIX or the two trilogies.

mirrorbright, SilentGuy66 and Avnar like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That moment when E9 isn't even in the Top 3 of exciting things coming out.

Alan Tudyk as K2SO or bust.

Don't know if Cassian met him but would be cool to see some holos with him.

Cassian is interesting but doesn't have the charisma of Jack Bauer. I do hope they can pull off something like some of the more amazing cliffhangers, tense scenes, stakes that show had.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  8. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    This is great news, Cassian was one of my favorite things about Rogue One and I am stoked to see more from him, especially in live action!

revan772, Darkslayer and Miles Lodson like this.
  9. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm pretty much meh on this news: not what I was hoping for but I'll pick it up if it ever comes to DVD.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Man, this Disney streaming service just keeps telling me how much bang I'm gonna get for my buck!

Alan Tudyk better be included in this show!!! K2-S0 was my favorite addition from Rogue One (only barely edging Chirrut...)!!

There is so much that can be done here!! Ahsoka and Hera almost beg to be included in this!

If IX is recanonizing Mara Jade (I know, unlikely, but.....if?!), she'd be a shoe in for an antagonist in a spy thriller. Vader can be all over this series as well. Hell, the Emperor is still alive! There's no reason this show can't be a hell of a lot bigger than most of us are thinking. In fact, it kind of has to be! Part of the pull of the spy genre is the exotic locales (I mean, you have to be collecting intelligence from someone, right?), except it will be intragalactic planets instead of international cities.

I just hope it doesn't follow Cassian around exclusively. One of the things the sacred original trilogy did so well that hasn't been appropriately followed (IMO) was show the story from both sides, quite fully, in fact. The PT barely did at all, and the ST does, but not anywhere near as strongly I feel. I want loads of scenes with the villians. I want to see the Empire in full swing. I want Vader and the Emperor hanging over galaxy like an shroud; local governments full of installed sycophants trying to kiss up to them.

Disney's SW is going to make it's strength on TV, it seems!!

Vizzy91 and RetropME like this.
  11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think Cassian is a great choice but I am surprised the main star is not Jyn... I think there is more there to work with. Oh who cares - This is great news!!

12. Alhazred

Alhazred Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Cassain Andor is one of the best characters in R1.A Admiral Raddus show would be grand.Also,I would be great to see Mara Jade as one of the Emperor's Hands.

RetropME and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  13. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I've been practically salivating for more Cassian content (one of the best characters of the Disney era, there I said it), but I was expecting at most a book or comic series. That fact that it will come in the form of a TV show has succeeded my expectations.

And as others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the medium where the Star Wars Story format is going to move to, since the smaller budget necessitated by it fits with the smaller-scale stuff they seem to be pursuing with it. Makes sense, since Solo IMO felt like a compressed limited series.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i just woke up seeing the new:D I love this new series coming even more then the Mandolorian. We could see him and fellow soldiers doing horrible things in order to fight the empire. Maybe he killed a few civillians in his missions. This show is also perfect for Rouge one camoes, I wonder if we could see more Tarkin too, they have the actor and the technology, it may cost more of the budget but it would be perfect for more Tarkin and Krennic drama. the senators of rebellion love to see more them likethe rouge one scene. In the finales we could see short scenes with Darth vader and the emperor. I hope we see a few flashbacks seeing as this is occuring more and more in star wars. I could see this show going for at least 4-5 seasons.

Alhazred likes this.
  15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I personally think this is a huge win, it's exactly the type of thing I think will be a fantastic TV series. I'm surprised that some wouldn't be as excited about it. Did I think Cassian Andor was the best Rogue One character? Not really, but I liked him just fine, and it's the era and the overall story possibilities here that have me so excited. I do admit it makes me feel a bit better about owning my Nissan Rogue Star Wars edition car with my Cassian Andor parka, though, it's like they will have continued meaning beyond just the one movie :p

This show idea excites me more than The Mandalorian, but that doesn't mean much, I'm excited by any new Star Wars pretty much. I love it all. Well, TV and movies, don't really care about comics or books, just not for me.

RetropME and Miles Lodson like this.
  16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that he was referring to the spinoff FILMS when he said that.

Anyway Cassian also fought in a Separatist-allied militia during The Clone Wars, so it'd be interesting to maybe get some flashbacks seeing some of that.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    To nobody’s surprise, I’m sure, this is about the best news I have heard in a long, long time. I’m so surprised and excited that I really just don’t know what to say. Planet-hopping with fracking Cassian Andor/ Diego Luna (IMO, one of the best actors around) as he spies on the Empire? Just a phenomenal idea with an incredible amount of potential. My faith in Kathleen is rewarded once again.

ETA: Raddus lives!

ETA2: I also loved Chirrut and Baze, but by all accounts, they were Guardians of the temple that never left Jedha. So it would be hard to make a compelling show out of that. This seems like one of the best options. Along with a Jyn Erso series.

18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Wow, this was most unexpected but that’s awesome! Cassian is actually a really good choice for a spin-off TV series with a SW Disney movie character. There should be plenty exciting and dramatic stories to tell with a character that did the Rebellion’s dirty work.

Also more K2SO! And more Raddus (I hope)! And possibly more Krennic, more Vader, more Bail Organa, more Leia Organa...? And maybe Rae Sloane...? Seriously this show can have the most epic cameos.

19. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    "This message will self-destruct in five seconds."

Anyway, hoping for live-action Ahsoka, Hera and Aphra.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Iger was pretty specific in saying that they would slow down a bit by not having two films in a year (as they did with TLJ/Solo which were only five months apart). He never said there would be a general slow down beyond that.

DaddlerTheDalek and EHT like this.
  21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe Cassian will have a Bothan sidekick or members in his spy crew.

whostheBossk and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s as if LFL has just decided to create what’s in my brain.

23. MaciekRS

MaciekRS Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    Great that we will have another TV series, another 10-ish hours of content, I will for sure going to see it BUT I am seriously missing the force factor. SW for me is mainly about the force but now we have Madalorian, Cassian Andor series and when we add to that Solo and even Resistance ....
    I am missing FORCE :(

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I predict sooner or later there might be Vader god-mode scene in the series.
    Lot's of hings to be realized in that series.
    Maybe all the rebel characters to be explored, maybe an O66 survivor that gets in contact with the resistance to be killed afterwards in an epic fight. I am really excited about this series. Cannot wait to see it and where it goes. If it has the look and feel of R1 it would be perfect

whostheBossk and Alhazred like this.
  25. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    This news is a fantastic early Christmas prezzie!

Bor Mullet and RetropME like this.