main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Least favorite film of the Saga and Why?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 14, 2017.

?

What is your least favorite film of the Saga?

1. The Phantom Menace

47 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Attack of the Clones

66 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

6 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. A New Hope

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Return of the Jedi

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. The Force Awakens

61 vote(s)
    20.3%
  8. The Last Jedi

105 vote(s)
    34.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NelsonReviews

NelsonReviews Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2018
    Baz Edit: Link Deleted-Not Relevant to the Thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2018
  2. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Attack of the Clones is my least favorite. I think it has some pretty awful dialogue, some really bad acting (although I think much of the poor acting is due to a poorly written script and bad direction), it feels very cartoony due to an over reliance on CGI and blue screen, and the pacing is all over the place. I also have a huge problem with Anakin being portrayed as such a creepy weirdo. I know someone his age who has no experience with women would naturally be awkward and whatnot, and I also know Anakin has to be shown as having a dark side, but he just comes off as a whiny brat. I much prefer Anakin in The Clone Wars, where he is shown as a really good hearted hero who has a lot of flaws. Also, the Yoda fight with Count Dooku is just ridiculous.

Lord Sith Harloxzz and Sarge like this.
  3. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Aw, man, really?! That was awesome.

DarthFixxxer and Darkslayer like this.
  4. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Yeah it just doesn't do it for me. I've always thought it comes off as silly rather than cool. I don't really like the idea of Yoda even fighting with a lightsaber in the first place, so I'm kinda biased against it. I will say, however, that I think his duel with Palpatine in ROTS is pretty well done.

Lord Sith Harloxzz and Sarge like this.
  5. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Fair enough.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    TFA and TLJ are tied for the worst, despite me being unable to get TLJ Luke out of my head. I think beyond giving him the failure arc which almost everyone in this movie suffers from, I have issues with the utterly puzzling and unfortunate character arcs in the ‘story’.

If, in IX, J.J. shows us why he was so enthused to work with John Boyega in the first place, perhaps I will enjoy it.

I dunno, I want another Rogue One that features many interesting new characters in a scenario we haven’t seen yet. I guess that is what I hoped the ST would be.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    TPM. While I liked Liam Neeson's Qui'Gon and McGreggor's Obi-Wan; the boy-wonder that was Anakin just rubbed me the wrong way. I kind of have a thing against child actors in lead roles over the past couple of decades. Their emotions just seem too forced and their dialogue is mostly dry. Gone are the days of a teenage Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver, Tatum O'Neal in Bad News Bears and Paper Moon, and even Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense.

Jo B1 Kenobi and MaciekRS like this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    And to a large extent thats why the major difference in movie expectations and reactions exist for TLJ and to a lesser extent TFA exist among Star Wars fans.

9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    My least favorite Star Wars film is Rogue One because I find it a bit dull, bland, and unnecessary. I also don’t particularly like seeing the OT characters rendered in CG.

But as far as saga films, it’s close between TFA and TLJ. I think TLJ is the worse film, but ultimately I like TFA less because the seeds for most of what’s wrong with TLJ were planted in that film. I just thought the whole story and approach was fundamentally flawed, so there was really nowhere the next film could go that would have redeemed it for me anyway.

I can still watch any of them if the mood hits, but I’ll never really consider the ST to be part of the story proper. In fairness though, I’m very much into authorship and don’t have much interest in any story being continued by anyone other than the original author, so make of that what you will.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think the same can be said for the PT honestly - at least, back when it came out.

Darthman92 likes this.
  11. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    I had been involuntarily absent from the JCF for the past two months, but looking at the "pole position" is somewhat a confidence booster. :p

12. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    As for myself, I'm happier about one particular end. [face_devil]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Darthman92 likes this.
  13. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    TLJ by far.
    The most positive thing about TLJ to me, was how it made many people reevaluate and ultimately even miss the prequels.

14. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes Rogue One was brilliant. I had hoped the ST would be like that. I have a sneaky suspicion that Lucas' treatments were the sequels we "were looking for."

Indeed the silver lining in the cloud I suppose. I think if people take a step back and look at the saga, they can see the one story flowing from Episode 1 to 6. Whereas you might tweak some dialogue or a line here and there, the story is brilliant. Epic. It is Star Wars. The sequels are...well yeah. I think TFA and TLJ forget what they're meant to be and simply try to be other films. They are meant to be Episode 7 and 8.

15. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Counterpoint: I like TLJ and still don't like 2/3 of the prequels.

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Not really a counterpoint, I said "many people" not "everyone".

17. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I guess it's just a Regular Point then.

18. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    TLJ is an absolute mess. First Star Wars film ever that I dislike.

19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I like most things about the Star Wars universe. However, TLJ is so far different in tone and deviation from what we normally expect in a Star Wars movie, I would have great difficulty viewing it in the same context of the other movies, particularly the OT because of the generational gaps between when the movies were made. I think we all need to view TLJ from a different prism, because it is very hard to compare anything from different eras, especially where expectations are so high.

As they say, a day watching any Star Wars movie, is better than a day doing most anything else. :p

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    DarthFixxxer and MS1 like this.
  20. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    I dislike both TFA and TLJ, but for different reasons.

21. The Last Jedi,The Force Awakens and Attack of the Clones for me

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I dislike all the films equally. I hate Star Wars and just assumed this was the Star Trek forum this whole time until just now. I was tricked! Tricked I say!

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    That was the best fake troll post I have seen in awhile. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don’t understand why Star Wars fans spend so much time and energy arguing about which trilogies are best or worst when what we should be doing is dunking Trekkies’ heads in toilets, together, as a family.

25. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Attack of the Clones is, in my mind, a truly horrendous piece of film-making. I screen movies for a local film festival. I see a lot of trash film while doing so and while AotC obviously has a higher production value than every single one of those movies, at its worst points it fits right in with some of the worst movies I've screen. The acting is uniformly embarrassing. The plotting is weak and contrived. The only sequence that is redeemable at all is the Tatooine sequence and I'm willing to accept that I view it fondly only in contrast to the rest of the movie. No other Star Wars film sinks to the lows that AotC dives into. RotS dips its toe in a couple of times, but it rises high enough in other scenes to compensate. I feel so strongly about this I truly have a difficult time comprehending how some people put AotC on anything but the bottom of rankings lists much less on top (no judgement; its all subjective, so you do you; I just don't see what you see in this movie, apparently).

With all that said I still love it to bits like every other Star Wars movie; just maybe I sometimes make fun of it when it isn't looking.

Sarge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.