main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Best Adventure of All MMM2 Entry L/M & Ciera.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 3, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Characters: Luke/Mara & Ciera, their daughter, mentioned in "Keeping It in the Family"

AN: This is for the MMM #2 challenge, "something new".
    In this case, parenthood, as Ciera reaches a critical milestone.

Five-year-old Ciera Skywalker was a lovely mixture of her mother and father. She had her mother's vibrant red-gold curls and her father's clear blue eyes.
    She was dressed all in pink and it was her first day in pre-primary school on Ossus.

Her teacher, Railin Longstar, was assuring and smiling as she greeted Mara who was dropping Ciera off.

"There's always a period of adjustment." Ms. Damaris told Mara. "Some children take longer than others, are more outgoing, but once they get familiar with the rest of the group and the day's routine, they can and do have a rewarding experience here."

Mara mused to herself that it was, as in other endeavors, what you made it. Ciera had her father's open nature. She wasn't clingy like some younglings.

Ciera hugged Mara good-bye and followed Ms. Damaris into the large sun-filled room where other younglings were gathering.

Mara reflected as she headed back to the Jedi Academy that being a parent had certainly been something to get used to. The all-night feedings had quickly transitioned into trying to acclimate to getting Ciera to sleep through the night like the rest of civilized sentients. Milestones of development had been greeted with pride and pleasure by both of her parents.

Am I doing this right? Mara had often asked herself. She had shared these reservations with Mirax who had chuckled and reassured her friend that parenting, especially the first time, was learning-as-you-go.

Mirax and Corran had certainly experienced that with their own firstborn, Valin. Now with their second, Jysella, things were much less anxiety-arousing.

Mara hadn't, as some might, worried about the return of her pre-pregnancy looks/figure. The way Luke looked at her – with feasting, happy glances soon after, she knew it had.

She had semi-playfully glowered at him, "Don't you go planning ahead for another Skycrawler." Her look said.

Luke had only laughed unapologetically. "You are too beautiful, Mar." He had said lowly.

Ciera was full of her first day of school. She had made friends with 2 girls especially, Athlenia and Jenica.
    She drew a picture of "Mommy and Daddy" which looked somewhat like the two of them if you turned the plas-sheet sideways and squinted your right eye.

Luke and Mara shared a pleased glance that school had gone well and basked in their daughter's exuberance.

Mara and Luke tucked Ciera in and told her the story of the Loth-Wolf Whelp that had found its way into the home of a trio of rambunctious kids & long-suffering parents.

As they got ready to turn in themselves, Mara decided with deep contentment that parenting was one of the best adventures she could have embarked on, and the one she had never expected to be suited for or have the chance to enjoy. Luke had turned her world upside down and inside out, and she wouldn't have it any other way.
    You're getting too karking soft, Mara. She scolded herself almost reflexively, as she and Luke shared a tender good-night kiss.
    ++++

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Luke and Mara shared a pleased glance that school had gone well

Pleased that they'd gotten some 'alone' time for the first time in a LOOOOONG time, I'll bet. :p

Very cute fic, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha :)

3. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Mara and Luke together being parents is lovely with kids like Ciera

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I started reading this piece with such a smile, and that smile didn't leave all the way through! First off, it was so wonderful to see such a normal moment enjoyed by our heroes in a galaxy far, far away! A child's first day at school is always a momentous occasion, and Ciera handled hers with such aplomb. She really is a boon to both her parents, who are so rightfully proud! More than that, I loved that this event allowed Mara an opportunity to reflect on all of her blessings. A wife and mother certainly isn't somewhere she'd have seen herself early on in life, but now that it's here it's more natural than anything. I especially loved the lines highlighting her friendship with Mirax, and her bond with Luke, as always. [face_love] And another Skycrawler! Well, Ben has to come in somewhere . . . [face_whistling][face_love]

Thank-you for sharing this happy Skywalker family moment! I would love to read whatever else you have in store for Ciera and her friends and family down the line, as well. [face_batting][:D]

6. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    "Don't you go planning ahead for another Skycrawler."
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Love that line!
    A brilliantly sweet bit of writing, Ciera sounds like such a great mix of Jade and Skywalker, thanks for sharing!

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Each time you write something for the MMM, we are all faced with a stunning result that gets deep under the skin. Not only to the parents among us.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the delightful reviews [:D] L/M are a joy to write and this "everyday" situation for them is a gift of love from the author, since they deserve it, and a girl for Luke to spoil and Mara to nurture is an especial treat. :cool: I definitely picture Ciera as a lovable mix of Mom and Dad ;)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    mayo_durron_666 likes this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, you're a true mistress of these sweet moments, Ny! [face_love] Luke and Mara in such an "everyday" situation of new adjustments is a joy to see, and Ciera's really a darling. Looks like she's got a conscientious and understanding teacher and some good friends there for her as well as a loving family. And as a mom myself, I definitely sympathize with that "how did I get into this I don't know what I'm doing HALP" feeling, which I still get even now that the Findsboy is going on nine years old. :p But it definitely is an adventure, and as we see, it's one that neither Luke nor Mara nor Ciera will need to go on alone! <3 Thanks again for sharing—always glad to see your contributions to these sweet challenges. =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.