main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ancient Whills, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    New shorts released today. These are just fantastic. I love them so much. The Palpatine one in particular is great, and will please PT and OT fans alike.

https://lol.disney.com/star-wars-kids

Alhazred likes this.
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Looks like the Youtube videos are no longer for US fans only.

Ody_Mandrell, Bor Mullet and Alhazred like this.
  3. Alhazred

Alhazred Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    These are simply wonderful! Did any of you catch that smirk when they led Leia away? It's something Carrie Fisher woulda done.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  5. Alhazred

May 8, 2016
    I'm waiting for one huge super edit putting all of these shorts together.

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The X-Wing attack and The Emperor one are really amazing. The transitions of Sidious in the dark walking into the light as Senator Palpatine, and then as the New Emperor wearing red turning to black as the background returns to the death star throne room. Expertly done.

7. Alhazred

May 8, 2016
    Waiting for Maul's eps now.Those should be good.

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    They feel more like commercials but I really love the animation and hope to see more of it in a longer series. Best one so far is the Palpatine short by far and also loved the little smile on Leia's face.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Alhazred and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Why was she smiling though? Also what is up with Luke's grin when listening to Han in the Cantina?

The Solo and Leia ones were nowhere near as good as the two Luke ones. Chewbacca 's short is hilarious, the noise Lando makes being shaken[face_laugh]

Alhazred likes this.
  10. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    The trench run looks amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    It really is. In some ways better than ANH's. I love how they've portrayed Luke's feeling the force like he is in a trance, how the background disappears to black so it is just him. My only gripe is how he fires the torpedoes while pushing up on the flightstick. I don't remember Luke crashing into the floor of the trench lol.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    These are basically anime-style recaps of Star Wars. Nothing new but it looks pretty boss. I think the only one that counts as "new" content is the Chewie and Han one outrunning the Star Destroyer.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Krueger likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The trench run really is beautifully done. I’m convinced that I’d like to see a full on animated TV show in this style. It’s perfect for the GFFA.

14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Really? That smirk at the end kinda ruined it for me. I don't think Princess Leia would be smiling when her entire crew was just slaughtered and she knows how close the Empire is to getting the DS plans back.

But overall I like these. If they keep doing them, perhaps one day they'll be enough of them to edit them together to make an entire retelling of ANH in this style for example.

15. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I think the smirk shows the Skywalker in Leia . How in over their head they can be but how sassy they come off. her entire crew is dead and the empire almost has the plans back but she won a personal victory over the empire's enforcer by not showing how afraid or out of depth or backing down when Vader was in her face. sure she's riding the high in that moment and the fact that everyone is dead probably hasn't hit her yet.

Alhazred likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's not forget a couple days later she watches her entire planet blow up, yet not long after that she's putting on sass around Han and Luke. It's totally in character for Leia to put on a brave face and relatively upbeat attitude despite horrible things happening around her.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    It is absurd. Leia has just been arrested for being a traitor, and she will be knowing that she faces torture and all kinds of horrible treatment. She would not be smiling to herself at that moment. No one would. She is angry and scared, she is human. Disney though require every female character to appear strong and fearless all the time (hence Leia kicking down an inflatable stormtrooper and ordering and leading the male rebel soldiers, being this short's addition to the movie footage.)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Merric and MrDarth0 like this.
  18. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Bonus episodes Luke vs Darth Vader and Fun Facts - Lightsabers.

MrDarth0 and smudger9 like this.
  19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    "Lightsabers need years of careful training to master." Tell that to Rey [face_laugh]

Merric and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I have to give props to the team that created these, the second round of episodes were far better than the first. I especially liked the Leia and Palpatine episodes. Its great that they finally expanded beyond the movies, if slightly, showing that Leia helped the Rebel Fleet Troopers try to stop the surge on their ship.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I love how strong and fearless Rey was being while she got her mind probed by Snoke. You can really see that in her pained screaming.

22. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Sarcasm fail? FIghting pain is a strength. Rey is defiant, she never really looks afraid of Snoke.

Of course, Leia also doesn't show Vader her fear. But once she is being led away, she has no reason to hide or fake an emotion. Thus her facial expression at that time should be of anger, defiance, or a look of apprehension. She has no reason to be smiling to herself.

Merric likes this.
  23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    You can watch this at the Walmart site under Star Wars galaxy of adventures. This one rocks, hope they release it this Friday

24. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    At first I was looking forward to these. I wanted to show my kids. But after seeing them, all they just seem like they are trailers to bigger episodes that don't even exist. What's the point? Way too short.

25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_tee_hee]