main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I'm 28. I was never interested in the Rocky franchise.

But we have Werner Herzog. Must be the first German actor in Star Wars if I'm not mistaken. At least in live-action Star Wars.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Voltron64 likes this.
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Esposito?! Better be a bad guy - did a Breaking Bad re-watch a couple of months ago, and maaan. It'd be pretty awesome if he were some Spice kingpin-type here. [face_laugh]

Christ. ^:)^ This is going to be bananas. And yeah, a little Herzog weirdness never hurt anyone.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Wow, is it 2019 yet?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaxxon- likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Isn’t Tatooine in the Outer Rim?

Also, I like that unlike most Disney products, this show seems not to discriminate on age. Lots of old people is nice. Though I’d like to see some old women added to the cast too. Not many old women in Star Wars.

Bossk_Baby, kalzeth and El_Machete12 like this.
  5. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I think all of these older actors will give a good "vibe" to the Outer Rim setting . Places like that, with all that scum and villainy, should be littered with old timers who are very shady feeling.

It shows you that it's not a place for the young and you have to look out for yourself and do what it takes to ensure your survival. It's what gives places like the Cantina Bar that element of danger when someone young and innocent like a Luke Skywalker walks in. I quite like it.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Aaaaand you're right about Tatooine. I got that wrong. Hey-o! On that note I'm guessing that they said the show takes place in the Outer Rim versus saying it takes place on Tatooine because the show will include other planets?

avcpl and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. MSW set reports also include images of a black, volcanic rock-type substance. So I imagine that’s a different planet. Maybe Sullust? Or just a new spot.

8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    No trolling -TtJ

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2018
  9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Herzog 76 years old
    Weathers 70 years old
    Nolte 77 years old
    Esposito 60 years old

If the Mandalorian doesn't get them first heart failure will!

Jaxxon-, BigAl6ft6 and Voltron64 like this.
  10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They could have reference his epic Rick & Morty cameo. I wonder if the ghost of Klaus Kinski will somehow find it's way on-set. ;)

11. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Awesome cast.

Interesting that all the rumors basically turned out to be true, including the Herzog one.

Werner Herzog in Star Wars. What a time to be alive!

12. avcpl

avcpl Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2016
    It can take place on Tatooine and Jakku; they would only have to change the number of suns in the sky!

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I believe I read somewhere that this series is set to start 7 years after The Battle of Yavin and 2 years after The Battle of Endor? I think Favreau tweeted that a few months ago?

So I'm guessing this will start 1 year after the Battle of Jakku which was the official end to the Galactic Civil War.

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It is 7 years after Yavin, but 3 years after Endor (since 4 years passed between ANH and ROTJ in-universe).

Jakku happened one year after Endor. Therefore The Mandalorian takes place two years after Jakku.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T580 mit Tapatalk

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Ah okay, ty. I was kinda close

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Well with Dave Filoni set to direct Episode 1 of The Mandalorian I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Sabine Cameo. True her and Ahsoka will be leaving to go find Ezra, but it could work if she were to cross paths with The Mandalorian and have a mission before she left.

18. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I am guessing so. But we will have to wait to see the show, to see if it is a Jedi yet. :vader: :p

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, the Mandalorian takes place three years after the Battle of Endor and the last scene in Rebels, so she may already be back from her mission.

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Bunch of great cast additions, but they'll need to rename the show, "The Geritolian".

Darth Smurf likes this.
  22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Are there going to be drug smugglers in this show? Maybe Solo will be smuggling space cocaine? Just curious, because both of the main stars from the 2 live action TV shows are from Narcos.

Maybe that is the new trend for SW- instead of English brunettes, it will be Hispanic guys from drug dealer shows.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  23. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Isn't Sabine supposed to be somewhere in the unknown Regions looking for Ezra?

dekaneas likes this.
  24. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Don't forget Giancarlo Esposito's role as Gus Fring in Breaking Bad (one of the best TV villains of all time IMO).

avcpl, Bor Mullet and Lee_ like this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The timing on that is still anyone's guess. Presumably this show begins 5 years after that search began, which is a lot of time.