main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Truncated Posts

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    Sad to see so many stories lost. I came back to read my old stuff and the thread I was going through was the same of course as everyone else's. I doubt it can be fixed but what is the Wayback?

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    masterjedi343 The Wayback Machine is an internet archive that stores snapshots of old web pages at archive.org. I'll look up your stories and PM you what I find.

3. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    If you want to. I thought I still had the actual word Document saved somewhere on a HD but haven't come across that yet, as when I wrote it, I copied and pasted them from the Doc to the page(smart on my end because if I do come across it I will be thrilled).

4. ligger66

ligger66 Jedi Knight

Dec 27, 2012
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This was never fixed. At this point I'm not holding my breath on it.

6. ligger66

ligger66 Jedi Knight

Dec 27, 2012
    that really sucks is there any other way to get it back? id even take a database dump of the posts at this point lol i just wanna read the story again

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No other way I know of unless the user can repost it or PM it to you.

8. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Jesus. I guess I'm glad I took mine down so it wasn't here to get mangled...

9. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Jedi Master

Feb 28, 2012
    Sorry to bump, but is this by any chance still being looked into?

10. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    As far as I know this one is history..

12. AnAluminumFalcon

AnAluminumFalcon Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2021
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the only possible way is to try and track down the original author. See if they have a copy. It really sucks that so much was lost

14. AnAluminumFalcon

AnAluminumFalcon Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2021
    I sent a PM to the author, but it seems like AnakinsFavorite has been inactive since 2012. It really sucks that those stories were truncated because this site is the only repository storing older stories.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seems they were active on fanfiction.net but that was a long time ago. I wish you the best of luck

16. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    pronker likes this.
  17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    The Wayback Machine had a crash that wiped out some of the history. It's not that the bot didn't go there, it's that info got lost with the crash.

pronker likes this.
  18. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Jedi Master

Feb 28, 2012
    So sorry to bump, but something I was thinking about this again and got a bit curious and wanted a bit of a answer to a question, but does the old data from the old forums even still exist after all this time? Including the parts that can’t currently be accessed?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The old data was on IGN's servers and I believe it's long gone. We got a copy of the old data and that's what became these boards. I don't know whether the old data was truncated when the backup was taken from IGN or when we loaded it to Xenforo. The IGN person who was helping us is no longer there as far as I know. (I believe he left for a new job).
    As far as old discussions about the films, etc, we have Inactive Forum sections for both the JCC and Fan Force. I'm pretty sure non-mods users can access that on a read-only basis. Be aware that links in posts probably won't work. We had an issue with the link bb code format as part of the conversion.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  20. Jacen_Tahiri_Index

Jacen_Tahiri_Index Jedi Grand Master

Apr 27, 2003
    Hello, this is AERYN_SUN I still can't login to my old profile, but I follow my old profile. This is the only fic that I care about carrying over my ao3.org fanfiction profile. It's called The Kids Are Okay. I can't find a complete copy anywhere, but I was wondering if maybe some awesome fanfic reader saved a complete copy.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So here are my thoughts about truncated pos

22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    If anyone saved it, you're unlikely to find said person here (in Communications).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  23. Jacen_Tahiri_Index

Apr 27, 2003
    Where can I look then?

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey, Aeryn! Your best bet on the JC is probably this Looking for fics? thread in FanFic Resource :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. Jacen_Tahiri_Index

Apr 27, 2003