main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Layola's Diner (The Reckoning OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by HanSolo29 , May 26, 2018.

1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    [face_nail_biting]Okay, we found our big bad.

I knew he was Alpha, but now I understand why they kept this guy in a coma for a decade. Gosh, @DarkLordoftheFins.

Kinda happy Alpha is in Vegas. That is quite a few hours from L.A. is it?

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Alpha makes his grand entrance! I know Fin had a lot of fun with that one! [face_devil] [face_skull]

And yes, Vegas is about 4 hours from L.A....a simple bus/car/plane ride away. But who is really safe? [face_mischief]

Also, a quick GM note for those waiting for an update – I will have something up for you guys in the next day or two. Thank you for being patient with me during this hectic time of year! After the holidays, I intend to really push things forward.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Don't wanna take your sense of security away, but four hours for someone who CANNOT bend space ;)

And I enjoyed the whole Vegas affair greatly. Great posts there @QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  4. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Thanks and same to you! Looking forward to seeing whatever craziness comes next.

5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh I have been waiting for Alpha to reveal himself in all his deadly, violent glory! =D=

Loved the use of his power.

I predict quite a showdown between him and a certain Instagram-Starlet :D

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So I have taken over the HK storyline and just so people don't get confused TSG and me will do it completely through combined posts. A little experiment with a new style.

RachelTyrell and LordTroepfchen like this.
  7. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I know where you got that idea from ;)

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Announcement:

Hey everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and offer my thoughts on the game and where I see things going from here. As you are already aware, we haven't had an update since the holidays, and unfortunately, I cannot see that changing for me any time soon. I have been suffering from some major writer's block with the game, and I've reached a point where I don't think I can carry on. I can only describe it as hitting a brick wall. At this point, I don't think it's fair for me to drag this out any longer, especially since you all have put so much effort in writing your characters bringing them alive in this universe. You all deserve better than subpar.

So, where do we go from here?

First of all, the game will go on a short hiatus until things can get sorted out behind the scenes. I've also been talking with @DarkLordoftheFins over the past few days about our options. One idea that came up was that he could potentially take over full-time as GM of The Reckoning and carry you through to the end. As my co-GM, he is the perfect choice to step-in and ensure that the story stays true to our original vision. And I know he's no stranger among our group. ;)

Now, I understand that there are some concerns with this as well. A changeover in GMs ultimately results in a change of style, and I know some players are not too keen on that concept. That's why I wanted to open things up to you to get your thoughts. Is this something that you would approve of? Do you have other suggestions or ideas? We would love to hear your feedback!

And as always, thank you for your continued support! I couldn't have gotten this far without all of you! :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    QueenSabe7 likes this.
  9. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I am very sorry to hear that, but I agree that Fin would be a luxury-replacement. And I am dying to see the Anna Talbott story concluded.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I have no problem with your choices nor your substitute. I wish you best and may you find that moment of relaxation that allows things to flow once more, even if it is merely into other creative tasks you endeavour to craft. Your leadership and style shall be missed, I must add, but I understand.

HanSolo29 and QueenSabe7 like this.
  11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I can't say I am surprised. Sorry to hear you had such a hard time with the game @HanSolo29. But I approve of Fin taking over, if he really really wants to.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback so far and the support you guys are giving me to take over if we decide that is the route.

But to manage expectations ... I am right now looking into it. No decision has been made. There is a third game in this trilogy that is called "The Divide" and that I planned on GMing anyway with LordTs and HanSolo29's blessing. It was meant to be the grande finale to both The Crossing and The Reckoning. So this would be me taking over much earlier than expected. But that is all it is. I could set up my own sequel perfectly that way.

But I got to see if I really think I have time to GM right now. It is a bit complicated. RL is demanding right now.

Anyway, I know I also speak for @HanSolo29 when I say all of you did an amazing job on this game and we highly appreciate what you did here. So thank you for this anyway.

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Thank you back to both of you for what was an amazing game!

I hate to be that Gal, but I'd prefer an original @DarkLordoftheFins game to you taking over someone else's game. If it is what you want, do it! But it would not be my first choice. Also I would love to see how that finale of yours looks like!

14. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Not much left to say. Hope you guys figure it out. My request would be that if the main game ends you give the idea some consideration to being Maria Liang to a conclusion @DarkLordoftheFins. I understand I wasn't to be reunited with anybody anyway. I also feel giving Sebastian his closure would kind of make sense.

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    From your GMs:

Yes guys, you read right ... we still are two GMs. Well, first thanks everybody for their patience. We have discussed the situation and our options and I am happy to say The Reckoning will continue as originally planned with the small change that I will take over a few storylines full time.

Respectively the storyline of Mira (@QueenSabe7) and Laura/Anna (@SirakRomar, @RachelTyrell) will be GMed by me. Maria (@TheSithGirly) stays within my responsibility.

@HanSolo29 will keep control over the other storylines (@Mitth_Fisto, @galactic-vagabond422, @LordTroepfchen). If anybody has objections ... now is the time to shoot one of the GMs a pm!

So everybody expect updates soon and sorry about the fuss!

16. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Great news! :)

@HanSolo29 Just want to say you did the right thing by taking a step back to reassess where you were as a GM and creator. I think it's incredibly easy to see your dedication to The Reckoning and making sure to keep us players engaged, but *everyone* gets burned out and overwhelmed at times. Having never been a GM myself, I can only imagine that much more pressure you were feeling.

Anyways, happy that you have worked out a situation that allows you to continue the awesome game you started!

HanSolo29 and LordTroepfchen like this.
  17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Great to hear! Looking forward to what lies ahead!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    :D Great to see you both on board, still!

LordTroepfchen likes this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Glad to have you both and this game still going! Looking forward to seeing what's in the letter and where you both are taking us all on this grand adventure. :D

LordTroepfchen and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for your patience, everyone! I'm really happy that we were able to come to a decision to keep the game moving along – I'm excited to carry through this next part! I guess all I needed was to step back and take a breather. But I'm refreshed and ready to move ahead!

With that said, everyone in my tagset (@LordTroepfchen; @Mitth_Fisto; @galactic-vagabond422 ): I will be working on the update tonight with an aim to go up sometime tomorrow. So, consider this a 24 hour update warning.

Let's do this, folks! :D

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    LordTroepfchen likes this.
  21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    24 hours update warning

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    @galactic-vagabond422; @LordTroepfchen; @Mitth_Fisto

I would like to apologize for the long delay – things have been a blur for me lately. An update is coming within 24 hours.

I also wanted to give a heads up that I will be leaving on vacation next Thursday and will be gone for 8 days. After tomorrow, I intend to make one more update before I leave for those who respond in that timeframe. Once I return on March 9, I will be going back to our regular weekly schedule.

Thanks so much for your patience. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Oh dammit, he is there ...

I'll let Anna go first with the update. I don't think Laura even perceives it before it is over ... right?

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    May I kindly request an update on the games status?

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    We are discussing right now.