main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Celebration IX (Chicago) & the Literature Forum (announcements, predictions & discussion)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lordpixie, Jan 19, 2019.

1. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    What comic or book would you like to get an announcement at celebration ? for a comic i would like a Jango fett series by Charles Soule as the recent Jango issue shows some potential ! and for a book i will go for Count Dooku by James Luceno as it would be good to see Dooku's fall to the dark side ! also maybe both jango comic and dooku book could complement each other's story ?! I would also like another making of book for any of the film's or tv shows !.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Charles Soule's next project, regardless if it's a novel or a comic. James Luceno, Paul S. Kemp & John Jackson Miller projects. It's been way too long since they wrote a Star Wars book.

And can MARVEL please just hire Jan Duursema and Doug Wheatley to do at least a ****ing cover. Even a variant one, since they're doing 65 variants for every issue anyway. I've practically lost hope that they'll ever work on a Star Wars comic again in a substantial way...

3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    It’s not necessarily a hope but more of a presumption, but we are bound to get a fallen order tie In novel. Maybe even a comic short.

4. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I really want a Clone Wars novel. Either one set in the very beginning of the war, between AOTC and TCW. I'd like a story where Anakin is still a Padawan working with Obi-Wan and then showing his promotion to Jedi Knight. Or even a novel set later in the war, between TCW. I also hope they adapt at least one more TCW arc as a comic.

A Dooku novel by Luceno would be awesome. To he joneah I'd like a duology. One book avabo his fall and one set during the Clone Wars.

I hope they announce the first in a Luke and Ben trilogy by either John Jackson Miller or Jason Fry. We will be getting none soon and this would be the perfect tie in. The first book would only need to be an adventure showing the start of Ben's training and the beginning of Luke's academy. If it doesn't include Snoke or the First Order it likely won't reveal too much. The second could introduce Snoke and the third could be Ben's fall. By then episode IX eouwo be out of theaters. This is the perfect time to begin telling this story.

A Sloane First Order origins story would be great. It would be a good way to hype of IX and we haven't seen Sloane in a long time. It is time to continue her story.

An Inferno Squad novel would be great as well. There's a lot of room for stories when they were still Imperials and when the first defect. The latter especially has a lot of potential, it would be interesting to see them have time to reflect on their dessertion and become integrated into the Alliance. There's a time jump after the Naboo mission and so we don't really see them do this.

They're likely to only announce one book, but these are my top hopes. If one of these got announced I'd be thrilled. Also there's a slight chance for two novels. They usually do five a year, and last last year was one short. So we could easily see two novels between September and December. However, one may not be announced until San Diego Comic Con.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Giovs and lordpixie like this.
  5. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Yeah a Sloane novel by Claudia Gray would be great !

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I imagine most books/comics would be Episode IX tie-ins or Resistance tie-ins (maybe for the younger fans).

DarthJaceus and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    We will more than likely see something like that. I suspect they're going to announce a Journey to EP IX series at celebration. So we will likely see one adult, one young adult, and probably one to four young reader books. The Del Rey novel would tie into IX maybe with something like a Sloane or Luke and Ben novel. Or something like a Bloodline sequel, a book with Luke after ROTJ but not Ben, or something immediately after TLJ. Those aren't certain, just my top guesses. The young adult book would likely be a long those lines if the last JTTFA and TTTLJ are any indication. That's when we got Lost Stars for the GCW overview and Leia: Princess of Alderaan for the Leia and Holdo. The young reader books are difficult because those have varied. For TFA we got one book per Leia, Han, and Luke. Then TLJ was the Legends of Luke Skywalker. We may see something on Rey, Finn, Rose, and Poe. A Resistance tie in could easily fit here. The thing is that so far most cartoon tie ins have been Del Rey books.

With Fallen Order and TCW season 7, I can almost see a second book being announced. TCW returning is a big deal and video games usually have some sort of tie in. I could see this being a good time for an extra novel. If they included the protagonist from Fallen Order along with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and/or Ahsoka they could have one novel tie into both.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing another book of shorter stories, like Canto Bight was. I enjoyed that.

9. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I want to see them announce a Snoke book by James Laceno in the same vein as the Plagueus novel. I also want to see them announce that there will be an ongoing novel series set between Episodes 1 and 2 that takes place after the Age of Republic comic involving Anakin and Obi-Wan where it follows them going on missions and such leading up to the events of AoTC. I also want them to announce that we will be getting a book or book series that leads up to TCW so that we can see how Anakin got his scar. There are so many novels that I want them to announce and I don't have time to list them all here.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  10. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    The Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu mini was released between August and December of 2017, and while I don't really *expect* it at this point, I would *like* to see JotR turn into a series and hear another mini announced. So many characters to choose from...

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I know we are going to get a bit of info on the Episode 9 book program tie in for the movie. That's a given. I do hope that we get a least a clone war novel on a story from the tv series that will not be produced, and a comic series. This would be the crown and jewel for me. Along with a Dooku novel. He's been needing one for some time. I do want to know what arcs from the clone wars are coming out in the streaming service along with some sort of continuation in book and comic. There are arcs that will never see the light of day that should be told in form or another.

12. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Also expect a tie in to the mandalorian.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  13. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I want an Agent Kallus Novel

A Darth Vader hunting Quinlan Vos Comic miniseries

A Dr. Cylo lab book similar to one of those journals that details all his mad science

The last one is pretty unlikely.

14. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    An agent Kallus novel would be a lot of fun.

I feel like regardless 2019-2020 are going to be great years for Star Wars novels. Possibly the best in the last few years. The three we know of are already pretty exciting.

15. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I can't wait for the Dooku book.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    1. I think we will get a fallen order tie in novel.
    2. A Mandalorian novel depicting his past on Mandalore.
    3. We get journeys to episode 9 books likley being in the sequel trilogy era.
    4. Not likley but i love a TCW novel or comic series depicting events between AOC - TCW.
    6. More comics in the prequel era between TPM - AOC. Maybe an ongoing with Anakin.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    1 is likely, 2 I'm not so sure about that - would they not want to do that as part of the show?

I'm not convinced the Journey to Ep IX books will be in the Sequel era - if they are, they'll be on the periphery a la Canto Bight.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    2. Yeah but i don't think we would get many flashback 20years or so in the show og at all. I'm thinking of him when the clone wars was going on, him as a young man surviving war on Mandalore. Lots of politics on Mandalore.
    3. You may be right, i just tought since its episode 9 they could flesh out that era now and if not. Between Roth and tfa or prequel era.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well yeah, you'd really think they could - it's strange that they haven't, but I'm expecting all that to happen post-Ep IX being out.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah you probaly right. I hope since its 20 years since TPM. We get more prequel era content.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    In a way a lot of the ST is about the PT era - it's been kept quite quiet but you can see the ST as the true legacy of the Clone Wars.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Can you give me your analogy of beliving this, quite intresting hearing why that is. I know we have a lot prequel and og reffrences in the era.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Why is the New Republic the way it is? Why did Mothma so believe in demilitarisation? Why does the First Order so like the idea of obedient child soldiers?

That's what goes all the way from the PT/Ot to ST. If you haven't done so, grab the Servants of the Empire series to find the backstory of Brendol Hux's activity, which itself was influenced by the Clonetroopers.

Why didn't Mothma want to continue with a miliarised galaxy? Because that's what the Clone Wars had led to, a proto-Empire, which had then spent 20 years building a pair of Death Stars and, nor confirmed but likely, Starkiller Base. The Empire worked to perfect what became known as the Tarkin Doctrine but we know who really approved of that one.

We know Snoke sought to wreck Luke's Jedi Order before it got off the ground, possibly because he had seen how much of a formidable obstacle a full order can be.

And then there is the Q that Luke sought to solve but was unable to - how to be a Jedi in a new way without falling prey to the pitfalls that killed the old Jedi?

24. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    This! I think we really need some more Luke stories, specially showing what he did after ROTJ.
    Right now this is my number 1 wish for books.
    Something like the old Jedi Academy Trilogy, with Luke searching the Galaxy for knowledge on the Force and potential students.

JediKnight75 likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A very good read. I kind of agree. I don't normaly read any more just listens on audiobooks, check if i can find it. I think a Luke novel after 9 is released, it's going to be intresting what he thinks of his little jedi school that could become a new jedi order. We could have Snoke whisper in the air like a shadow. Maybe Luke was going join the republic after Ben and some of his fellow students became knights and a new jedi order. I love to know how Snoke rose to power and if there's reason other then waiting why they waited 30 years.