main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Watch Star Wars Every Day 2019

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Dec 30, 2018.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    AOTC observations ~45-70 minutes in:

- Were likeness rights part of the deal with Jango being the source of all the clones as well as being like head security guy?

- That's not how you cut a pear. Also, don't take someone's pear and give them back the butt (of the pear).

- Anakin's weakness seems to be Padme's shoulders, every scene with a shoulderless dress just scrambles that boy's mind.

Sent from my Power Sword using the Force

2. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    AOTC observations ~70 minutes in until the end:

- Love the sound design in this film. Seismic charges and other sounds from the awesome battle of Geonosis. Its strange the sound was not even nominated for an Oscar.

- Same with the score, John Williams not even nominated that year, winner was Frida.

- Geonosians are weird. Is that huge arena really there to watch beasts smash chained up prisoners for entertainment? Also, there are some without wings that creepily run around in the hangar scene.

- I like the wedding scene at the end, works well with no dialogue. :)

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    lol

4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    This one was actually my wife's comment. She does know how to prepare fruit and other foods better than I ever will.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Weekend AotC wrap-up:

This guy noticed some of the same stuff as me. Was pretty harsh though.

After the humor, cleansed the palate with the positive stuff. :)

Tomorrow, Clone Wars!

6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Work ran late Monday so I didn't start Clone Wars until Tuesday opting for lighter fare like:

There were some making of shots I'd never before. I've always loved that attraction and really hope it will still be updated in the future even as the park's focus on Galaxy's Edge. Hey, maybe there will be shorter lines here vs. anything over in the new land.

Also, watched a good video about upcoming Star Wars products from Hasbro:

7. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    For Clone Wars, I'm using the order found here:
    Www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/31ij0p/the_clone_wars_in_chronological_order_w_links_to/
    Story-wise, there are two episodes that set up the action at the beginning of the Clone Wars theatrical film.

S2E16 Cat and Mouse was never meant to lead off the series coming near the end of the second season, but I really like this episode. A giant spider villain, cloaking devices and Anakin actually listening to Obi-wan's advice (before doing his own thing per normal).. what's not to like here?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S1E16 Hidden Enemy
    Great episode featuring the skills of Dee Bradley Baker making you believe that the clones are many different people with their own quirks and idiosyncrasies. Such a talent that helped make this series great. I do think the motivations of a clone that turns against his "brothers" is a great story idea.

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The Clone Wars movie (yes, I know there are individual names for this four episode compilation tied together to make the film).

I was so excited when this came out in August 2008, taking my oldest child to see Star Wars on the big screen. I can't say I loved it on first viewing, but by the time Season 1 really started going, I definitely started digging the film more and the multi episode story arcs.

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    With New York Toy Fair happening this weekend and Episode IX news and Mandalorian news, I kinda got behind on my Clone Wars viewing, but still managed my 20+ minutes of something Star Wars every day.

11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    And more randomness.

12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    And a bit more

I'll be back to Clone Wars tomorrow. :)

13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I like how the kid thinks the wampa yells "Wampa! Wampa!"

he-guy likes this.
  14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yes, I have no memory of this ad from my childhood, but it is hilarious.

15. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Clone Wars movie parts 3 & 4. Some observations:

- Never noticed when the Twilight is escaping from Teth and the ship goes upside down, that Ahsoka's lekku flop down. Fun, attention to detail.
    - Interspecies kissing in Ziro's night club.
    - The last act (episode) of the film is great. Anakin vs. Dooku (voiced by Christopher Lee!), the introduction of Ziro the Hutt, and some action from clones, Padme and even Threepio that are a great segway into the main Clone Wars series.
    - My biggest gripe when the movie came out I think was Anakin going to Tattooine. 10 years later, I've gotten over it. :)

Found this if you want to revisit the film and learn something new.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-clone-wars-rewatch-theatrical-1-of-3

16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S3E01 Clone Cadets

- Great episode! I believe they realized how interesting the Domino squad from season one's Rookies. This fills in some origin story, and succeeds without relying on Jedi/the force/coruscant/jar jar.

17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S3E03 Supply Lines

Another great episode, sets up the Season 1 Toydaria and Ryloth episodes (weird timeline, I know), and features the best Jedi name: Ima Gun Di. Also, Jar jar humor. His scenes are funny, but even Obi-wan rolls his eyes.

18. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S1E01 Ambush

The actual series premier from fall 2008, finally get to see Yoda in action after he didn't add much to the movie that led into the series. Decent start, but wow, did they ever improve the animation and writing over the next 100+ episodes. :D

19. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S1E02 Rising Malevolence
    S1E03 Shadow of Malevolence
    S1E04 Destroy Malevolence

Great set of episodes. I think the series benefited early on by having a mix of multi episode story arcs and standalone stories.

I've forgotten how funny the battle droid dialogue was. They add a fun light hearted element to the series that I appreciate. I want Grevious to lose fights, but not be comic relief.
    These episodes definitely met the quota of having lots of space battles, I'll be ready for some ground conflicts coming up.

20. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Took a break from Clone Wars to see what else is happening. While I haven't watched A Star Is Born, apparently they play the original version of this song a lot on the radio.

Something light & funny:

And this is just nuts!

21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S1E05 Rookies

LOVE THIS EPISODE! By far, my favorite early series episode, top 5 of the entire run.

-One thing I noticed tonight for the first time was the radio shout-out to the "mud-jumpers on Mimban".. which was featured in Solo almost 10 years later, such a fun universe.

- My kids were wondering why the droid army wasn't entirely made up of those assassin droids as they are way more effective than battle droids, super battle droids and destroyers. I can't argue with that logic, must have been cost prohibitive I guess.

22. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S1E06 Downfall of a Droid
    S1E07 Duel of the Droids

Fun set of episodes. Animation is a bit rough in some scenes, but lighting is brilliant in others. I like the idea of a mole or spy, but I guess you never know who its gonna be.

The space station falling out of orbit is one of the coolest visuals from the series so far. Glad Artooee made it out of there. ;)

23. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S1E08 Bombad Jedi

For some reason I can accept Jar Jar in a comedic role, but Threepio annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Anthony Daniel's role in the saga, but the writing for him in Clone Wars is too close to the puns on Geonosis in AOTC. Still a fun, albeit silly episode.

24. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Anakin was recently added to Battlefront II with voice work done by Matt Lanter of the Clone Wars. Someone clever took the dialogue (and that of James Arnold Taylor's Obi-wan) and dubbed over scenes from Episode II and III. Fun stuff.

25. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    S1E09 Cloak of Darkness

Good team up episode with Ahsoka & Luminara. I'd kinda forgotten about Luminara's debut coming without her padawan as in later episodes and the micro series.

I also forgot to post a bunch of episodes from the weekend. Stand by...