main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. isaloflo

isaloflo Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2017
    Posted this in Knights of Ren thread, but it fits here too.

What if The Beyond is where the remnants of an ancient Sith Empire are located? The same Sith Empire that Sidious referred to in Episode III ("once more the Sith will rule the galaxy"). It could also be what Sidious was referring to in the newer canon material, too--the presence that he felt was the source of his power. Also, remember that Sidious was excavating something on Jakku. He states "This place was significant a thousand years ago and will be again." Wasn't it mentioned that Jakku, once a lush world, was the setting of a final battle between Jedi and Sith a thousand years ago? It goes with Mace saying, "The Sith have been extinct for over a millennia."

2. thejediscavenger

thejediscavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 13, 2019
    I just saw a tweet that says JJ is going to make IX even more controversial and divisive than TLJ. Oh boy!

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The last we left things the FO basically ruled most of the galxay and the Resistance was small enough to fit in one one ship, the Falcon. Why would the FO need the Resistance’s help to defeat a new threat?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  4. thejediscavenger

thejediscavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 13, 2019
    Maybe because they have Rey?

5. isaloflo

isaloflo Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2017
    I always imagined that, even tho the Resistance fits on the Falcon, there are still scattered remnants of the New Republic and other independent groups that come together to fight First Order? Maybe Lando has a whole back-up fleet too?

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    The new threat could be a danger for the Resistance and Kylo and/or the FO, without necessarily having an alliance Kylo/Resistance... I can imagine an alliance Rey/Kylo, but an alliance Resistance/Kylo... not really.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So there are over fifty troops who only answer to Kylo and the KoR. Seems like you’d only have troops like that if there’s going to be a split between Kylo and the FO at some point. Interesting.

8. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    It would show that Kylo is at least afraid of being betrayed by a part of the FO, which would not be the most stupid assumption that he could make...

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Oh well. MSW answered my question today. It was the answer I was hoping for, but its also raising the most questions.

10. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    EDIT: Sorry about the unintentional, careless stacking above.

Interesting. But I don’t see Snoke serving anyone. Also, if Snoke and Palpatine had met, I’m curious how would have handled someone stronger than him and whom he’d mistakenly considered the source of the Dark Side—if Snoke was the dark presence.

I just don’t see Palpatine or Snoke serving anyone. Vader only to get training and the knowledge of immortality before he lost to Kenobi, then he had no choice until he discovered Luke and Leia.

Also, the KOR we’ve learned from MSW serve Kylo, not the threat Beyond. By Beyond I hope they mean UR. If it’s not rogue KOR and/or Stormtroopers, I wonder who or what it is. Jason clarified, Thank the Maker, no Vong.

Jason Ward is a reliable source. Whereas Mike Zeroh acts as if every rumor, no matter how contradictory, is double fact that he has insider information on, Jason is very careful and will correct when required.

Yeah. It answered my questions too, while raiding more.

11. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Also, the whole resistance isn't on the Falcon. I do believe they sent out a bunch of people to do recon and recruiting immediately following TFA.

12. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    There may be Resistance our there. And whoever friends in VIII are, they may have been busy out there, not destroyed. There may be remnants of the NR Army and Navy. The military was decentralized after Jakku, so there may be planetary self defense forces that didn’t surrender and/or join the FO.

In the Lit, there are other organizations not affiliated with either the FO or the NR. Maybe the FO leaves them alone at first to take out the NR, the biggest and most powerful political entity in the Galaxy. These other political entities may be neutral or biding their time. Perhaps the Resistance reaches out to them. However, that may be too complicated for a 2:30 movie, especially as this movie is intended to wrap up the Skywalker Saga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I think the beginning will be a standard Star Wars good vs bad type of setup. Somehow during the search or the finding of the macguffin will bring about the threat from the beyond/unknown region. This all probably leads back to Jakku at Palpatine’s observatory. This outside threat will unite the galaxy as one force against the invader force. My controversial idea is that the big baddie of all three trilogies will be revealed. The final showdown is Rey and Kylo vs this thing, person, or entity. Then Luke and Anakin appear and join the fight. I would say somehow Leia should be a part of it as well, but I don’t know how she could be added given the circumstances. Kylo senses what needs to happen and force pushes Rey out of the fight to save her and she is knocked out. The end of the fight is all of the Skywalkers sacrificing themselves by basically going kamikaze against this ultimate evil. Rey is left to start the new Jedi. Lando and the rest of the galaxy are left to rebuild the Republic. All of the Skywalkers were the chosen ones.

14. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting. Yeah, all 3 Skywalkers are the Chosen Ones. Which means Anakin more than ever has to be in it. But Snoke and Palpatine kinda look stupid in this scenarios

Ancient Sith is one possibility. But canon says the Sith are destroyed. Rakata, Whom I had thought Snoke could have been a member of, would be good. But no Vong. Of course, they wouldn’t be a Dark Presence. But do we know for sure Snoke wasn’t the Dark Presence?

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  15. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    Errrhhh..... Stupid question: if Force Ghosts can engage in a fight, then why on earth do we need alive heroes? Rey, Finn and Poe should let the ghosts do all the work. They're immortal, it's not like something worse than death can happen to them.
    Stupid question 2: how dead people can sacrifice themselves? They can die twice?

16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Snoke is a Dark Side ghost that possess bodies to interact with the world.

This is the secret of Dark Side immortality.

He reappears in another form, much stronger, forcing Kylo and Rey to work together.

Kylo makes a sacrifice to banish his ghost forever.

THE END.

17. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    Why do you all want Kylo to sacrifice himself? This has already been done in ROTJ, I can't even dream that they would play the same scenario with Kylo. He can easily play a role without dying, for the Force's sake.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm not in that camp. From day one I've been saying Kylo should live. Redemption and punishment don't have to involve death.

19. Mila Lazarus

Dec 29, 2018
    [​IMG]

20. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, it would be a shame if the Skywalker lineage end in disgrace. Until now I’ve seen no chance of his redemption, and thought Anakin and Luke should materialize to help Rey kill Ren.

But why would Ren redeem himself? His mother dies? (We don’t know if he sensed her on Crait and realized she had survived.) That would probably drive him deeper into the dark side. Still makes no sense for him to want Rey and the Resistance to help unless the FO really is small and the NR/Resistance/SDFs aren’t all that small. But it still makes even less sense that Rey and the Good Guys would join him.

21. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    The MacGuffin will probably be anticlimactic, like the tiny fear demon on BTVS.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  22. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Lucas—always inconsistent—had a Sith Ghost haunt Luke for his last version of VII. In fact, originally for Mortis he had the ghosts of Revan and Bane appear to the Son, with Revan and the Son doing all the talking. Filoni objected and fortunately Lucas ditched it. And RJ and the Story Group considered a Sith Ghost, or at least a Dark Side Ghost. Well, no news of Serkis returning. I hope not. Snoke served his purpose.

Of course, Bane would appear in TCW, voiced by Hamill, but that was only Yoda’s dealing with his dark side.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  23. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    1. The Force works in mysterious ways.
    2. Yes.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Ricardo Funes likes this.
  24. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I am so sad to see those clickbait Star Wars youtube channels already gearing up the bashing machine. Many are already bashing the movie due to what they think are leaks and such.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  25. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    It's edgy to hate Star Wars now. I think 9 will quiet a lot of the haters, though.