main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro Hyper-Real 8" Action Figures Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Feb 17, 2019.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Since this is a brand new line, I figured I'd start a new thread for it. From reports at Toy Fair, these figures have a metal framework for posing and then the figure is created on top of that.

First figure in the series is Darth Vader.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

El_Machete12 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Loving the look of this line! I know Bespin Luke is definitely on the way also. Really interested in that one. Hoping for Rey and Kylo as well! I suspect a Mando from the new show would be in the works for next year too.

3. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    This is one I definitely can't wait to get in hand. If the faces on future releases are high quality I might stick to this size but I figured Vader would be a good one to have, even if I don't purchase more.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I like his base, how long has it been since Hasbro has given us actual bases as included in a line? (I know there are the special 6" figures, but regular line ones don't have bases.) He also comes w/ this blue thing that you put on his hand so he's Force deflecting a blaster shot. I'll get him. After seeing the video on how they are now sculpting out the actors faces, I'm not worried about how the humans will look.

I'm glad that they're not going to spam us w/ 10 figures in this line a year. Take the time to really make each one top quality and produce only a few. It's also smart since there are fewer stores at the moment to display them, limited shelf space, etc.

5. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I am a tad bit skeptical, I mean Vader is looking pretty decent for the price I suppose, and that new face tech BTS video was very interesting, but I still want to see how a human face looks on this line. That honestly will make or break the figures for me, since I like the idea of putting my money towards something that is in between the scale and quality of a 6 inch black series/figuarts and hot toys figure. The black series I am thinking of cutting back on anyways, since I initially liked the idea of collecting them all, until I realized I have no room for them and I probably don't want that many anyways. I like the idea of collecting this series if it focuses on the main characters, which it seems to be the case with Bespin Luke being heavily hinted as the next figure, and I'm sure we will get perhaps Kylo and Rey next.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to TFN Main, Vader is up for pre-order at Entertainment Earth.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Next up - Hyper Real Luke (sneaked at SDCC)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    cathiecat likes this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  9. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    AMAZING!!!!