main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    This is true, Ghost. Hunger for power and desperation make people dangerous.

Lordban likes this.
  2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    National emergency on Trump:

3. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    Any one here thinking Putin may make himself Tsar? He keeps talking about the Russian Empire and trying to get it's borders back to it.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  6. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Donald Trump is weak. Now, he's saying that Obama was prepared to go to war with North Korea. I just thought he was mixing up the timeline and sprinkling in lies to make himself look good during his bizarre interview with Lesley Stahl back in October, but apparently he's doubling down on that lie that "we were going to war" with North Korea when he came into office. Kim Jong-un may not be as crafty as Putin, but he's smarter than Trump and I imagine he's been manipulating him for some time. NK still is doing missile tests, contrary to Trump's claims. Next, I wouldn't be surprised if Duterte has done the same. And what's with this b.s. that Trump said about the death penalty for those who use drugs? This comes from an alleged speed freak. Sigh. Well, I liked how AOC was saying she didn't care if a sitting president used cannabis. She's the real "stable genius" compared to Trump. Heh. I reside in a legal state now, and it's better up here than in cray cray Texas.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    That's nothing new. As far as Trump is concerned, everything was a toxic swamp until he showed up and with his Midas touch he fixed everything and he should get "due credit" for that. Like how he goes on about how we would have been at war with North Korea if Hillary had been elected. Of course the reality is the complete opposite (things were relatively stable and he's dragging the US downward) but try telling that to him or his followers.

(Not that Obama was perfect, but at least in terms of competence Obama's administration was far better, and most likely so would have been a hypothetical Hillary administration.)

Even hearing tidbits like that (from McCabe's book) isn't surprising anymore. He's already said he believes Putin over US intelligence agencies. No surprise he values information from Putin over his briefings. And supposed patriots (who go on and on about the Constitution) don't mind losing out to Russia apparently. That dead silence at Pence's speech says it all. I was expecting them to laugh at the mention of Trump but guess its not as funny when he's not in the room.

8. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trade-war-record-farm-bankruptcy_us_5c611dcee4b0910c63f251ad

Trump's trade wars have driven a record number of farmers into bankruptcies. My Dad grew up in a farming family in Oklahoma. He'll be eighty this year. I feel bad for farmers, and I'm sure they would be amongst the first people to say, "Our lives got worse under Donald Trump."

Farmers fear it will take years to rebuild those trading relationships.

According to figures from the U.S. Agriculture Department, farm income last year was about 50 percent of what it was in 2013, the Wisconsin State Farmer reported.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nah, it'll be 'if it weren't those Asians / Russians / Hispanics' - add in whatever other ethnicity you want and delete as applicable.

10. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Well, according to White House officials, Trump’s approval rating has bounced back to 44% from his shutdown low of 37%, and his success with the upcoming North Korea summit will “change the political narrative.”

Still wonder what universe they’re living in...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  12. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    https://news.yahoo.com/protests-planned-against-trump-apos-164116451.html

Protests across the U.S. are planned against Trump for his manufactured border wall crisis. The protests are being planned from New York and North Dakota to California and Texas all to counter the order Trump signed Friday, which freed up billions to construct a wall along the southern U.S. border with Mexico.

Rew and appleseed like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There was supposed to be one here but it got cancelled, the official reason being “weather” but I think it’s really because nobody can get uptown due to the NBA All-Star Game. It was sleeting during last year’s March for Our Lives and it still went on.

SateleNovelist11 and Rew like this.
  14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    We laugh at Trump's delusions, but the fact that he's president shows his lies were effective. Trump understands something that Democrats somehow don't, which is that if you tell a big lie repeatedly people will believe it.

Rew, Vaderize03, Valairy Scot and 3 others like this.
  15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...ion-immigrant-kids-bait-help-deport-sponsors/

This is despicable. The Trump administration is using migrant children as bait to deport sponsors.

Advocacy groups have filed the U.S. government immigration class action lawsuit on behalf of more than 10,000 immigrant children who were detained as well as their sponsors. The lawsuit accuses the government, and in particular numerous agents at the Office of Refugee Resettlement, of purposely keeping these children in shelters for significant periods of time.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I guess this time the contract will go to a one-man company then.

18. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  20. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Good. Trump can take his cell. In fact, I'd put the whole family in the same space together--it'll save money.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  23. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Well, Trump has no friends, so yeah.

24. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah. Put them in one room and tell them they can’t touch each other, much like this administration has done to these migrant children they’ve kept in detention. If I were extremely wealthy, I would take the administration to court over that, and I don’t even have children yet. It’s so upsetting.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well 41 knew how to take a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.