main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Could not agree more.

2. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    The entire FO won’t join forces with the Resistance but I could see Kylo Ren joining forces with Rey once more versus a common enemy.

Birkendoc, TadoFett and dekaneas like this.
  3. JohnWilliamsSonoma

JohnWilliamsSonoma Force Ghost star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The message of TLJ was about not fighting what you hate but saving what you love. A warhammer super weapon used by the Resistance will seem uhh .. rather inconsistent with that message, and the message of Star Wars in general, frankly. Luke defeated the Emperor by laying down his sword and saving what he loves, not giving into hatred and utterly destroying his enemy.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    IlhamKamaruddin and Mila Lazarus like this.
  4. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Yeah. It could be rather iconic in the future.

5. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah.... I have to admit I still think the more likely decision at this point would be for the heroes to just feed Kylo to the new villain is such a scenario came about. A new villain doesn’t change Kylo’s actual moral alignment just by being a new villain. And the audience has no reason to cheer for Kylo as long as he’s a villain, since the new villain can’t possibly have time to match the crimes Kylo’s committed without upending the entire ST from out of nowhere. He’d have to become Ben to do this, what amounts to an entirely new character with totally different objectives and a personality forged out of the shambles of Kylo’s wreckage and the guilt of his own crimes. I don’t doubt that Driver could do that, but I do doubt it would bleed well with the rest of the ST, and it even negates some of its points and objectives.

I mean, you decapitate the villain side of the only villain who’s been built up over both previous films, and move him over to the heroic side, then a Skywalker, in the Skywalker Saga, at minimum he’s taking Finn’s job away from him, and almost certainly doing the same thing to Rey, because he’s a Skywalker and part of Rey’s appeal was that she was fighting an evil one. Heck, the villain basically has to become a more personally invested villain for Kylo than Rey because he’s changing Kylo’s whole deal while Rey is still just defending the Galaxy.

Replacing Kylo as the main villain and making him a hero now screws up the ST’s entire format.

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Had had his moment to join with Rey. Their moment in the throne room.
    He had a slim chance at redemption. He didn't want it.

So, now he faces the conveniences of his choices.

(to late to edit. OMG "consequences")

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
  7. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    So the Resistance has to join forces with the people that turned millions of kids into child soldiers, blew up several planets, and took control over the galaxy because if they don’t then something REALLY BAD will happen? Ha! Give me a break.

8. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    I don't even understand where this speculation comes from? The FO represents evil. Making an alliance with evil to fight evil sounds like... duh!

godisawesome likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Especially when you consider that even after a year time jump the Resistance is probably far less powerful than the FO. So the weaker Resistance helps the FO fight the new evil...and then has to go back to fighting the FO. How is that going to work out for the good guys? Not great Bob!

wobbits and Mila Lazarus like this.
  10. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    "The enemy of my enemy is my... friend?"

11. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    It reminds me of Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion in SWTOR. The Republic forms an Alliance with the Sith to fight the Eternal Empire....come to think of it, there are a few quotes and scenarios in the ST they may have ripped from SWTOR. hmmmm

12. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    The rumor isn’t that the Resistance and FO will team up. It’s that there’s a new threat from the Beyond that may drive Rey and Kylo Ren to reunite, likely due to the power of that individual, for an unspecified period of time.

dekaneas and Mila Lazarus like this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Also if this new threat is so powerful that the FO needs the Resistance to help how come this new threat didn’t take over the galaxy before the FO?

Let me guess? Thr new unstoppable threat were too afraid of the tall skinny alien who sat in his chair all the time and was easily killed by his moody toady, but now they feel emboldened now that Snoke is dead and another super powerful dark side is in control?

wobbits, RetropME and godisawesome like this.
  14. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    I just think it's too late in the ST to do that.... Introducing a new threat in the third episode is already, hum, an idea that can seem strange, but could be justified since Disney wants to do more SW in the future (this new threat would not disappear after EP IX then). But for two episodes we had the Resistance fighting against the FO, who are already a big threat for the Galaxy. I can't see how there would be times for an available alliance.

15. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Oh I agree. I'm just confused about the leaks about another threat if they are true. I think it would make no sense. I'm just spitballing possible ideas if true. I happened to be on the Fallen Empire expansion when I first seen the supposed leaks. It was weird cause in the game the emperor actually said something very similar to what Ren said in 8 about letting the past die and building something new.

Mila Lazarus likes this.
  16. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    He needed to get the Eternity elements first. ;)

17. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha!

I mentioned this before but what if Luke is behind the new threat and/or MacGuffin? It’s all a trick to get Rey and Kylo to meet up again? So Rey hears a rumor about something that lured her to a location and Kylo hears a different rumor about something that lured him to the same location that Rey goes to. Then when Rey and Kylo show up at the location they realize the MacGuffin they each heard about does even exist and it was all a ruse to get the two of them to show up alone at the same remote location?

Maybe there’s something significant about the location too?

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That sounds like a sitcom plot.
    Maybe Kylo can have another girlfriend in the restaurant next door, and he has to make up excuses to leave and run from one girl to the other.

19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Help me MSW, you're our only hope, help me MSW you're our only hope!

20. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    that guy got his head cut off later soooooo,no?

21. The Shrike

The Shrike Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Itself could be an entire alien race, like the Yuuzhan Vong replacement some have guessed at.

I'll throw Abeloth into the mix again too.

22. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm thinking the mcguffin will be something to do with Palpatine. An object or technology or something. Something on Jakku. Well, at least it will let me think I didnt waste my time with the new canon material (books and Battlefront 2 story mode) thinking it will somehow tie in to the trilogy.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Why is everybody going Palpatine crazy? I don’t get it.

cerealbox likes this.
  24. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    OMG, I was just thinking that. I may eat my words but Palpatine is in the rear view mirror.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I’ve read that weirdly enough there were people back in the PT days who didn’t think that Palpatine and the Emperor where the same character. Ha! Now it’s like people are trying to make up for that. It’s like, “we’ll I didn’t see that Palpatine and the Emperor were one in the same in the last trilogy so this time I’m going to make up for it and assume everyone is Palpatine!” I kid but seriously what’s with the Palpatine obsession?

RetropME, 2Cleva and wobbits like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.